|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) He cannot find his place.
(b) He knows his place.
(c) He has no place.
(d) He will never know his place.
2. What does this guest relate to the Colonel?
(a) The truth of what happened to Bert today.
(b) What news there is to find around town.
(c) Bert's latest offense.
(d) Sallie is not headed to the airport.
3. Why does Sam ask if it would be acceptable to take Sallie's luggage out the front door to the car?
(a) Sallie is the Colonel's daughter.
(b) The back door is being painted.
(c) The front door is closer to the car.
(d) The back steps are difficult to maneuver.
4. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
(a) Both of their personalities change.
(b) Love grows on both sides.
(c) Resentment grows on both sides.
(d) Sadness grows on both sides.
5. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does little Billy begin playing?
2. What does Cora tell Bert the Colonel wants to do to him?
3. How is Bert also riling up the white townspeople?
4. What does the guest warn the Colonel about Bert, if he does indeed get arrested for his behavior?
5. What does Bert refuse to do when he hears the Colonel coming?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)