|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) That Bert must go back north for school.
(b) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
(c) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
(d) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
2. How does Bert react to their explanation?
(a) He agrees to move north.
(b) He resents them for their concerns.
(c) He understands their concerns.
(d) He dismisses their concerns.
3. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
(a) A letter.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bat.
(d) A pistol.
4. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
(a) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel earlier.
(b) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel, and he is very sorry.
(c) A different tale from what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(d) A similar tale to what Higgins had told the Colonel.
5. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(b) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
(c) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
(d) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
2. Who is Sam?
3. What comment does little Billy make?
4. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
5. Why does he try to do this, regarding his position?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)