|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are these men doing as they visit?
2. What is Bert telling everyone?
(a) He is not black.
(b) He is not Norwood's son.
(c) His mother is not Cora.
(d) His last name is Norwood.
3. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
4. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
(a) To go to his room.
(b) To be polite to the Colonel.
(c) To move north.
(d) To leave now.
5. For what does Sallie want to thank Norwood?
(a) For allowing her to go to school to be a teacher.
(b) His kind treatment of her and the other "colored children."
(c) For letting her stay in his home.
(d) Her spending money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
2. What does Bert believe he should not have to do?
3. What are the consequences for Bert's accident?
4. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
5. When and where does the play begin?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)