|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora tell Bert he needs to do, regarding his behavior?
(a) He needs to stand strong.
(b) He needs to stay positive.
(c) He needs to be himself.
(d) He needs to tone it down.
2. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
(a) For not remarrying a white woman.
(b) For keeping a black mistress in his home like a wife.
(c) For not marrying Cora.
(d) For having a black mistress.
3. What does Robert do as the act ends?
(a) Hugs the Colonel.
(b) Runs out the back door.
(c) Goes to his room.
(d) Walks proudly out the front door.
4. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) That Bert must go back north for school.
(b) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
(c) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
(d) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
5. Of what does Bert then inform Cora?
(a) He wants to be an overseer.
(b) He is going to go back to work in the fields.
(c) He wants to stay and help her.
(d) He is no longer going to work in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives as Sallie departs?
2. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
3. What are the consequences for Bert's accident?
4. What does Cora tell Bert the Colonel wants to do to him?
5. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)