1. When and where does the play begin?
(a) On a fall afternoon in 1930s Georgia.
(b) On a spring afternoon in 1930 Virginia.
(c) On a fall morning in 1830s Georgia.
(d) On a spring morning in 1830s Virginia.
2. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
(a) A plantation owner who is about 60.
(b) A school teacher who is about 40.
(c) A wealthy businessman who is about 60.
(d) An overseer who is about 40.
3. As the action opens, what are Norwood and Cora discussing?
(a) The plans for the next school year.
(b) The imminent departure of Cora's daughter Sallie for school.
(c) The work that needs to be completed in the office.
(d) The arrival of Cora's daughter Sallie from school.
4. What has Robert done without permission?
(a) Taken the car into town.
(b) Stayed out late.
(c) Left home.
(d) Taken a new job.
5. What will the Colonel not tolerate from a "darkie," especially his own child?
(a) Such insolence.
(b) Such laziness.
(c) Such industriousness.
(d) Such happiness.
This section contains 4,140 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)