|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammad warn his men not to do in Tabuk?
2. Who did the Quraysh align themselves with in Chapter 59?
3. During the battle with the Quraysh in Chapter 52, where did the Muslims seek refuge?
4. How many fires did Muhammad's men build in Chapter 55?
5. What did Muhammad do to make his army look larger in Chapter 74?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Muhammad return the goods from the wealthy caravan Zayd intercepted in Chapter 62?
2. What did Muhammad do to prepare for the Quraysh attack on the oasis in Chapter 59?
3. Why did Muhammad go after the Qurayzah, and what happened to the people of Bani Qurayzah?
4. What was Khaybar?
5. What did A'ishah lose while on an expedition with Muhammad?
6. Who was taken captive after Muhammad's battle with the Hawazin, and what did Muhammad provide for them?
7. What supernatural event occurred when Muhammad arrived in Tabuk?
8. What fuelled hatred of the Quraysh in Chapter 58?
9. What did the Quraysh decide in Chapter 44?
10. Summarize Muhammad's trip to Mecca in Chapter 72.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the supernatural events with which Muhammad is connected. Analyze and interpret each event and Lings depiction of the events. Does Ling believe that they took place? Do followers of Islam believe that they took place? How did these events affect Muhammad's task of convincing others to believe in his message?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of judgment. Who was judged and by whom? What examples of divine judgment can be found in the text? How were Muhammad and his followers judged and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the city of Mecca and its significance in the story of Muhammad. Where is Mecca? How much of Muhammad's life was spent in Mecca? Why did Muhammad leave Mecca? How is Mecca regarded today?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)