|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a young man kill in Chapter 68?
2. How many men did Muhammad leave Medina with in Chapter 42?
3. Which of Muhammad's wives was believed to be the one he loved most?
4. What did Muhammad dream of in Chapter 66?
5. What revelation did Muhammad receive in Chapter 65?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following the battle with the Quraysh, what did a revelation tell Muhammad to do? What exception did Muhammad make for this revelation?
2. What did Muhammad's men do to create an illusion in Chapter 55?
3. What became a topic of gossip in Chapter 65?
4. Who was taken captive after Muhammad's battle with the Hawazin, and what did Muhammad provide for them?
5. What did the leader of the Hawazin send a delegation to tell Muhammad in Chapter 80?
6. Why did Muhammad return the goods from the wealthy caravan Zayd intercepted in Chapter 62?
7. In Chapter 66, why did Muhammad decide to go on a pilgrimage to Mecca and what interfered?
8. What did Muhammad do to prepare for the Quraysh attack on the oasis in Chapter 59?
9. What was Muhammad said to have felt responsible for in Chapter 48?
10. How were the Quraysh influenced to retreat from the conflict and return home in Chapter 60?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the city of Mecca and its significance in the story of Muhammad. Where is Mecca? How much of Muhammad's life was spent in Mecca? Why did Muhammad leave Mecca? How is Mecca regarded today?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the importance of the angel Gabriel. What role did Gabriel play in Muhammad's life? Why is Gabriel a significant figure in Islam? How did Gabriel help Muhammad?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the numerous times when Muhammad and his followers were forced to immigrate. Where did they emigrate to first? Why did they leave Mecca? Where did they go the second time? Why did they leave Abyssinia? Where did Muhammad finally settle?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)