|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Quraysh and Muslims agree to meet for battle the following year?
2. What began to run short during the conflict with the Quraysh in Chapter 60?
3. What revelation did Muhammad receive in Chapter 65?
4. What did Muhammad do to make his army look larger in Chapter 74?
5. Who sent Muhammad a woman in Chapter 71?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Quraysh decide in Chapter 44?
2. What was Muhammad said to have felt responsible for in Chapter 48?
3. What fuelled hatred of the Quraysh in Chapter 58?
4. Why did Muhammad return the goods from the wealthy caravan Zayd intercepted in Chapter 62?
5. What did A'ishah lose while on an expedition with Muhammad?
6. Why did Muhammad go after the Qurayzah, and what happened to the people of Bani Qurayzah?
7. What did Muhammad do to prepare for the Quraysh attack on the oasis in Chapter 59?
8. Who nearly killed Muhammad in Chapter 49, and how was the murder prevented?
9. What was Khaybar?
10. How did the Quraysh breach a treaty with Muhammad in Chapter 74? What did Muhammad do in response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lings portrayal of Muhammad's ancestors. Which figures does he concentrate on? What stories are told? What significant events took place before Muhammad's birth that would directly affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the importance of the angel Gabriel. What role did Gabriel play in Muhammad's life? Why is Gabriel a significant figure in Islam? How did Gabriel help Muhammad?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the subject of "Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources." What major events shaped his life? What was his primary goal in life? What struggles did he face? What were his defining character traits? Why is he revered today?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)