|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what did God tell Abraham about his descendants?
2. From fear of Islam, what rumor did people start to spread about Muhammad?
3. In Chapter 21, what did Utbah want Muhammad to make him?
4. What did Abu Jahl do to believers of Islam?
5. What did the angel get Muhammad to do before leaving in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the cup that was passed around in Chapter 17?
2. Along with Muhammad's persecuted followers, who else travelled to Abyssinia?
3. What did Halimah's sons tell her they had witnessed happening to Muhammad and what did Muhammad remember about the event?
4. What compromise did the Quraysh ask Muhammad for in Chapter 29?
5. What did the visions Abd al-Muttalib (formerly known as Shaybah) have at night near the Ka'bah?
6. In Chapter 25, what did people argue God would do if he needed to give a message to humanity?
7. After returning from Heaven with the command from God, what did Moses advise Muhammad?
8. Who was Hagar and why was she forced from Abraham's household?
9. What did Muhammad ask his mother's family for in Chapter 31, and who eventually answered his request?
10. Why was Muhammad sent back to Mecca, and who became his guardian there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret Muhammad's visions. What did he envision? What angel came to visit him on numerous occasions? Why was Muhammad visited by the angel? What messages did the angel give him? How did these visions affect Muhammad's path in life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Muhammad's struggle to convince others of his messages were from God. Why did not others believe that he was a messenger of God? What are some examples of when Muhammad was asked to prove himself? How did Muhammad manage to convince as many followers as he did?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the city of Mecca and its significance in the story of Muhammad. Where is Mecca? How much of Muhammad's life was spent in Mecca? Why did Muhammad leave Mecca? How is Mecca regarded today?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)