|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the envoys from Mecca tell the Negus that Muhammad lied about?
2. What were the believers of Muhammad disappointed by in Chapter 24?
3. What did those who did not believe worry about in Chapter 24?
4. What did Gabriel show Muhammad in Chapter 16?
5. What did the angel get Muhammad to do before leaving in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Muhammad's encounter with a monk in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 11, how did the Quraysh get involved in a war and what role did Muhammad play in it?
3. Who were Shaybah's parents, and how did Muttalib come to adopt Shaybah?
4. Who did Muhammad marry and how did they meet?
5. Who was Hagar and why was she forced from Abraham's household?
6. What prevented a neighboring ruler from destroying the Ka'bah?
7. What happened when the Quraysh began to rebuild the Ka'bah?
8. Why was Muhammad sent back to Mecca, and who became his guardian there?
9. Who was Zayd and what loyalty did Zayd show to Muhammad in Chapter 13?
10. What compromise did the Quraysh ask Muhammad for in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the conflicts in the biography. What were some conflicts that Muhammad faced? Who were Muhammad and his followers often in conflict with? Why were they often in conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the importance of the angel Gabriel. What role did Gabriel play in Muhammad's life? Why is Gabriel a significant figure in Islam? How did Gabriel help Muhammad?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the most prominent enemy of Muhammad, Abu Jahl. Who was he and why was he Muhammad's enemy? What did he think of Muhammad? What did he do to Muhammad and his followers? How did his life end?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)