|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Muhammad sad in Chapter 24?
2. Which of the following was NOT a sign Shaybah was told to look for?
3. What did those who did not believe worry about in Chapter 24?
4. What did many Arabs dislike about Muhammad?
5. How did the people of the Quraysh normally respond to new religions?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how were many Arabs and Jews said to feel about Muhammad?
2. After returning from Heaven with the command from God, what did Moses advise Muhammad?
3. What prevented a neighboring ruler from destroying the Ka'bah?
4. After leaving Abraham's household, where did God guide Hagar and what happened there?
5. Along with Muhammad's persecuted followers, who else travelled to Abyssinia?
6. What compromise did the Quraysh ask Muhammad for in Chapter 29?
7. Describe Muhammad's encounter with a monk in Chapter 10?
8. What saved Muhammad and Abu Bakr from discovery as they hid in a cave?
9. Who were Shaybah's parents, and how did Muttalib come to adopt Shaybah?
10. After the Muslims of Mecca began to immigrate to Yathrib, what did Abu Jahl propose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of sacrifice. Who sacrificed what in the story? What do these sacrifices tell the reader about these figures? Who did Muhammad often make sacrifices for and why?
Essay Topic 2
Interpret Muhammad as a hero. What are the elements of the Hero Archetype? Is Muhammad a hero in this sense? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Muhammad's family. Who were the family members closest to Muhammad? How many wives and children did he have? Was Muhammad close to his family? Who raised Muhammad?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)