|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Zaynab?
(a) Muhammad's fifth wife.
(b) Muhammad's daughter.
(c) Muhammad's granddaughter.
(d) Muhammad's aunt.
2. How did Muhammad stop the attempted raids on Medina in Chapter 49?
(a) His army was more powerful than any raiders.
(b) He talked the raiders into submission.
(c) He was forewarned of the raids.
(d) He set up a system of watch guards.
3. Where did the Quraysh feel they would be safe in Chapter 41?
(a) In their caravans.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In their villages.
(d) In their valley.
4. What did Gabriel tell Muhammad when he went to visit a Jewish tribe?
(a) That the Jews would be trustworthy allies.
(b) That Muhammad's home was under attack.
(c) That God was displeased with Muhammad's actions.
(d) That the Jews planned to kill Muhammad.
5. Which of Muhammad's wives was believed to be the one he loved most?
6. How long did Muhammad separate from his wives?
(a) Five months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Eight months.
7. What did the group of immgrants bring back with them to Muhammad after taking over the caravan in Chapter 41?
8. Who saved Muhammad from the chief of Muharib?
(c) Abu Bakr.
9. What did Muhammad do to make his army look larger in Chapter 74?
(a) Set up a field of empty tents.
(b) Had women and children march among his troops.
(c) Towed many empty caravans.
(d) Lit many fires.
10. In Chapter 42, where was the caravan that Muhammad planned to attack traveling from?
11. What did Muhammad's men do to Abu Jahl when he was found in Chapter 43?
(a) Cut off his hands.
(b) Stoned him to death.
(c) They cut off his head.
(d) Took him into custody.
12. What did Muhammad believe God would do in Chapter 79?
(a) Send him a sign about his tribe's future.
(b) Open up the north to Islam.
(c) Prevent the Quraysh from attacking.
(d) Take Muhammad's life.
13. Why did the Quraysh set up a blockade in Chapter 66?
(a) To stop the Mulims from entering Badr.
(b) To stop Muhammad from entering the Ka'bah.
(c) To stop Muslims from leaving Mecca.
(d) To stop Muhammad from entering Mecca.
14. How many fires did Muhammad's men build in Chapter 55?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Eight hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
15. What was Khaybar?
(a) A Hawazin village.
(b) A Jewish settlement.
(c) A city near Yathrib.
(d) An Syrian city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What began to run short during the conflict with the Quraysh in Chapter 60?
2. What did a neighboring tribe ask Muhammad to do in Chapter 56?
3. What happened to A'ishah in Chapter 65?
4. Why did the Quraysh intend to send women to battles?
5. Who finds A'sihah asleep in the camp?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)