|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Muhammad sad in Chapter 24?
(a) That his teachings caused rifts in his family.
(b) That there were so many poor people in Mecca.
(c) The death of his first wife.
(d) That few people believed he was a Prophet.
2. What did Umar decide would be the best way to deal with the problem of Islam?
(a) By outlawing Islam.
(b) By killing Muhammad.
(c) By converting people from Islam.
(d) By kidnapping Muhammad.
3. What was the name of Abraham's son by Hagar?
4. What did the document that the Quarysh created in Chapter 29 ban?
(a) The Lesser Pilgrimage.
(b) Marrying a member of the Hashim tribe.
(c) Muslims from entering Mecca.
(d) Marrying a Muslim.
5. What were many of the early followers of Muhammad?
6. What did Muhammad receive training in in Chapter 11?
7. In Chapter 21, what did Utbah want Muhammad to make him?
(a) An overlord and king.
(b) A religious leader.
(c) Muhammad's assistant.
(d) An army chief.
8. Who was Abu Jahl?
(a) The supervisor of the Ka'bah.
(b) One of the enemies of Islam.
(c) The leader of a city neighboring Medina.
(d) A wealthy trader.
9. Where did Muhammad go and fall asleep in Chapter 32?
(a) The mosque.
(b) A'isha's apartment.
(d) A mountain cave.
10. What did Shaybah's visions tell him to do?
(a) Announce the coming of a Prophet.
(b) Look for the well that sprang up for Hagar.
(c) Travel to Medina.
(d) Pray in the desert.
11. What was the location where the well sprang up later called?
12. Which of the following was NOT a sign Shaybah was told to look for?
(a) Seeing blood.
(b) Seeing water.
(c) Hearing birds.
(d) Seeing dung.
13. What happened to the cup that was passed at dinner in Chapter 17?
(a) It overflowed.
(b) It never emptied.
(c) It turned water to wine.
(d) It spilled into the lap of a traitor.
14. What did the envoys from Mecca tell the Negus that Muhammad lied about?
15. Who did Zayd meet on a pilgrimmage to Mecca?
(b) The Syrian King.
(c) His family.
(d) His future wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some who did not believe ask Muhammad to do in Chapter 23?
2. What animal did a neighboring ruler bring with his army in Chapter 7?
3. What was the name of Hashim's brother?
4. What was buried along with the well?
5. What did the man carrying the girl say was to happen to the her?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)