|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Muhammad travel to with Gabriel in Chapter 32?
(d) The Jordan River.
2. Who was Mut'im?
(a) A man sent to kill Muhammad.
(b) The chief of Nawfal.
(c) A trader from Banu Kilab.
(d) Muhammad's son-in-law.
3. What did the man carrying the girl say was to happen to the her?
(a) She would die.
(b) She would be a sacrifice to God.
(c) She would be Muhammad's wife.
(d) She would spread the teachings of Islam.
4. What were the believers of Muhammad disappointed by in Chapter 24?
(a) A decree that labelled Islam an illegal practice.
(b) That they had no place to practice their religion.
(c) Muhammad's military attack on a neighboring city.
(d) Family members who did not follow Muhammad.
5. What did Abu Jahl do to believers of Islam?
(a) Welcomed them to his city.
(b) Enrolled them in Muhammad's army.
(c) Persecuted them.
(d) Supported them financially.
6. What insect blocked the cave that Muhammad hid in in Chapter 37?
(a) A bee.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A mantis.
(d) A spider.
7. Who was the Negus?
(a) An idolator.
(b) A King.
(c) A tribal chief.
(d) A fortune teller.
8. What did those who did not believe claim when their challenge for Muhammad was met in Chapter 23?
(a) That Muhammad used magic.
(b) That Muhammad was evil.
(c) That Muhammad lied to the people.
(d) That Muhammad really was a Prophet.
9. How did the people travel in the first immigration?
(a) By boat.
(b) In small groups.
(c) Under cover of night.
(d) En masse.
10. In Chapter 34, how many men from around Yathrib were said to have converted to Islam?
11. What plant blocked the cave that Muhammad hid in in Chapter 37?
(a) An Almond tree.
(b) A Palm tree.
(c) A Cypress tree.
(d) An Acacia tree.
12. What did neighboring pagans bring to the area of the well?
(b) Religious texts.
13. What did many Arabs dislike about Muhammad?
(a) His power.
(b) His army.
(c) His message.
(d) His family.
14. What did a flock of birds drop on the enemy army in Chapter 7?
15. Where did God guide Hagar and her son?
(a) A valley called Becca.
(b) A mountain called Moriah.
(c) The city of Medina.
(d) The Jordan River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation did Muhammad receive in Chapter 17?
2. Who was Abu Jahl?
3. What did the Quraysh debate about at almost every gathering?
4. Though he was considered too young, in how many battles did Muhammad fight?
5. In Chapter 32, how many times a day was Muhammad originally commanded to pray?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)