|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people did not, in general, accept Muhammad's teachings?
(a) The poor.
(b) The illiterate.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The religious.
2. Why were the clans against Muhammad's uncle?
(a) He did not trust Muhammad.
(b) He was not a Muslim.
(c) He was a wealthy man.
(d) He kept protecting Muhammad.
3. Why were these people the first to follow Muhammad?
(a) Because of their understanding of Muhammad's teachings.
(b) Because of their discontent with the Christian church.
(c) Because of the hope Muhammad's teaching held for them.
(d) Because of their desire to share their wealth.
4. His message was to create a just society. What would this society have?
(a) Forced conversion.
(b) Love for all mankind.
(c) Decent treatment of the disadvantaged and society's wealth was distributed.
(d) Religious law.
5. What did the people of Mecca and Medina continue to attack?
(a) The Yathrib's caravans.
(b) Each other's caravans.
(d) Muhammad's caravans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work did a revelation reveal that this apparent concession came from?
2. Did those emigrating to Medina kill the Meccans in the big caravan at Badr?
3. The angel Gabriel appeared. Who did he take Muhammad to meet in Jerusalem?
4. Mecca's days of power were coming to an end. What did Muhammad still do?
5. The religion Muhammad preached became known as Islam. What does Islam mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Salman Rushdie publish? What was the reaction to this?
2. What took place in 627 to 628?
3. When did Muhammad decide he could no longer stay in Mecca?
4. What did the Quraysh do when Muhammad insisted on the worship of only one God?
5. Describe Muhammad's greatest mystical experience.
6. What was the affect of the Badr?
7. Describe the raids done by those who had emigrated to Medina. How did this affect the Quran?
8. Who were Muhammad's first followers? Why?
9. What had happened to Muhammad's power by this point?
10. Describe many of the references in the Quran. What is their purpose?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)