|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a day must Muslims make salat?
2. What was the message of Sura 93?
(a) People are supposed to have faith in al-Llah.
(b) People were supposed to care for the disadvantaged.
(c) People are to care for everyone.
(d) People are to put God first.
3. What did supporters of Rushdie feel that Islam did?
(a) Terrorized all other groups of people.
(b) Was the source of freedom in a Muslim's life.
(c) Supported scholarship and artistic freedom.
(d) Suppressed scholarship and artistic freedom.
4. What happens to Muhammad when his uncle dies?
(a) He gains more protection.
(b) He has no more mystical experiences.
(c) He loses most of his protection.
(d) He stops preaching.
5. Why were the clans against Muhammad's uncle?
(a) He did not trust Muhammad.
(b) He was not a Muslim.
(c) He was a wealthy man.
(d) He kept protecting Muhammad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the early converts?
2. Whose work did a revelation reveal that this apparent concession came from?
3. In Medina, he began to work for Arab unity. What happened to the Quran?
4. What is the name for Sura 93?
5. Who were the Meccans unable to get rid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were many converting to Islam?
2. What had happened to Muhammad's power by this point?
3. What took place the year after the negotiations took place?
4. What did Salman Rushdie publish? What was the reaction to this?
5. What is jihad?
6. When did Muhammad decide he could no longer stay in Mecca?
7. What did the Quraysh do when Muhammad insisted on the worship of only one God?
8. Eventually, what happened to families regarding Islam?
9. What happened to Muhammad in Mecca at this time?
10. What happened when the pilgrims from Yathrib returned in 622?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)