|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people did not, in general, accept Muhammad's teachings?
(a) The religious.
(b) The illiterate.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The poor.
2. The Muslims were being told to take part in the jihad. What is it also known in the West as?
(a) Holy war.
(b) Holy peace.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Holy prayer.
3. Much of the references in the Quran are symbolic. What are the followers encouraged to do?
(a) Teach these symbols to the infidels.
(b) Adopt this attitude of symbolism and to look at the world around them.
(c) Create their own symbols.
(d) Create art using these symbols.
4. What did many of the Quraysh ask Muhammad's uncle to do?
(a) Give Muhammad more protection.
(b) Give Muhammad over to them.
(c) Kill Muhammad.
(d) Withdraw his protection from Muhammad.
5. Medina had developed to the point where it needed trade. What did Muhammad try to weaken?
(a) The Christian monopoly.
(b) The Buddhist monopoly.
(c) The Meccan monopoly.
(d) The Jewish monopoly.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose were most of Muhammad's marriages?
2. Is Jihad one of the five pillars of Islam?
3. What was the message of Sura 93?
4. What did supporters of Rushdie feel that Islam did?
5. In 627-628, what did Muhammad begin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was decided during the negotiations between Muhammad and the Quraysh?
2. What is a warner? Why does Muhammad believe that he is one of these?
3. What happened when the pilgrims from Yathrib returned in 622?
4. What eventually happened to the alliance with the Jews? Why might this have happened?
5. What took place the year after the negotiations took place?
6. Why were the Muslims and Jews supposed to live in peace? What happened to the tribal society? How did this affect others?
7. Why were many converting to Islam?
8. What happened to Muhammad in Mecca at this time?
9. What had happened to Muhammad's power by this point?
10. In terms of marriage, what did Muhammad do when his wife died?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)