|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 625, Muhammad took another wife, Hafsah. What reason did he have this marriage?
(a) Sexual pleasure.
(b) Practical reasons.
2. What did supporters of Rushdie feel that Islam did?
(a) Supported scholarship and artistic freedom.
(b) Was the source of freedom in a Muslim's life.
(c) Suppressed scholarship and artistic freedom.
(d) Terrorized all other groups of people.
3. In Medina, he began to work for Arab unity. What happened to the Quran?
(a) It began to change as Muhammad became more involved in political issues.
(b) It began to become outdated.
(c) It was not as useful as in the past.
(d) It stayed the same.
4. While staying at his sister's, what did Muhammad have?
(a) His greatest mystical experience.
(b) Doubts and fears.
(c) A lot of free time.
(d) No mystical experiences.
5. What did the harassment of Muhammad by the Quraysh result in?
(a) More fear of Islam.
(b) Less converts to Islam.
(c) More converts to Islam.
(d) Less understanding of the Quran.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Muhammad insisted on the worship of only one God, what happened among the Quraysh?
2. Islam is based on the observance of customs or _________.
3. When were the Muslims attacked?
4. The religion Muhammad preached became known as Islam. What does Islam mean?
5. What is the name for Sura 93?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Muhammad decide he could no longer stay in Mecca?
2. Why were many converting to Islam?
3. What had happened to Muhammad's power by this point?
4. What was the affect of the Badr?
5. Why were the Muslims and Jews supposed to live in peace? What happened to the tribal society? How did this affect others?
6. What did the Quraysh do when Muhammad insisted on the worship of only one God?
7. What happened when the pilgrims from Yathrib returned in 622?
8. Describe Muhammad's greatest mystical experience.
9. What took place in 627 to 628?
10. Describe Muhammad's first three years of preaching.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)