|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Jihad one of the five pillars of Islam?
(a) Yes, it is the third pillar.
(b) Yes, it is the first pillar.
(d) Yes, it is the second pillar.
2. What did many of the Quraysh ask Muhammad's uncle to do?
(a) Kill Muhammad.
(b) Give Muhammad over to them.
(c) Give Muhammad more protection.
(d) Withdraw his protection from Muhammad.
3. Much of the references in the Quran are symbolic. What are the followers encouraged to do?
(a) Create their own symbols.
(b) Teach these symbols to the infidels.
(c) Create art using these symbols.
(d) Adopt this attitude of symbolism and to look at the world around them.
4. Muhammad originally saw his purpose as warning the people against ________.
(a) The power of God.
(b) The evil of their ways.
(c) The evil of Satan.
(d) The evil of the Christians.
5. What did the harassment of Muhammad by the Quraysh result in?
(a) More fear of Islam.
(b) More converts to Islam.
(c) Less converts to Islam.
(d) Less understanding of the Quran.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first three years of his preaching, Muhammad developed a small group of followers. Why did they meet twice a day for prayer?
2. There would be a ________ peace if any one from Mecca who had converted without the consent of his guardians was returned.
3. These tribal leaders adopted the Jewish name of ______ for their town.
4. When is this mystical event celebrated?
5. During the hajj to Mecca, Muhammad looked for a protector among the pilgrims. He found six pilgrims from where who quickly accepted Islam and would return to their tribe to try to convert them. Where were they located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was decided during the negotiations between Muhammad and the Quraysh?
2. Describe the raids done by those who had emigrated to Medina. How did this affect the Quran?
3. What took place the year after the negotiations took place?
4. What is jihad?
5. What happened when the pilgrims from Yathrib returned in 622?
6. What had happened to Muhammad's power by this point?
7. What happened to Muhammad in Mecca at this time?
8. Why were many converting to Islam?
9. Describe Muhammad's greatest mystical experience.
10. What was the affect of the Badr?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)