|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Muhammad founded a Muslim community. Who eventually accepted this?
(a) The Arab world.
(b) The Christian world.
(c) The Buddhist world.
(d) The Jewish world.
2. Islam was viewed as a _____________ religion.
3. For how long did Muhammad preach?
(a) The next twenty-three years.
(b) The next fifteen years.
(c) The next twenty years.
(d) The next ten years.
4. How many people have taken the time to study Islam and learn its teachings?
(c) Very few.
5. Was the published version based on the order in which Muhammad preached the teachings?
(b) Most of it.
(d) Very little of it.
6. How did Muhammad's revelation differ from other forms of revelation?
(a) Through Muhammad, God sent the Arabs scripture in their own language.
(b) Through Muhammad, God sent the Arabs the New Testament.
(c) Through Muhammad, God sent the Arabs the Torah.
(d) Through Muhammad, God sent the Arabs the Ten Commandments.
7. With the revelation of ____________, he began to believe that he was the Prophet and that God was sending him the messages.
(a) Sura 87.
(b) Sura 93.
(d) Sura 101.
8. In the Quran, what is presented first?
(a) The shortest suras.
(b) The simplist suras.
(c) The longest suras.
(d) The first messages Muhammad received.
9. Are many of the views and values of Islam similar to those of Judaism and Christianity?
(b) Very few.
10. What empire spread into the Arab lands?
(a) The Islamic Empire.
(b) The Byzantine Empire.
(c) The Persian Empire.
(d) The British Empire.
11. This section examines ___________ the Prophet Muhammad and looks at how it developed.
(a) The fear of.
(b) The love for.
(c) The interest in.
(d) The hatred of.
12. What is the Western view of Muhammad?
(a) He was Jesus' friend.
(b) He was the Messiah for the Arabs.
(c) He was an impostor who tried to deceive the world by portraying himself as a prophet.
(d) He was a prophet.
13. In what century did an Arab merchant named Muhammad live in Mecca?
(a) The eighth.
(b) The ninth.
(c) The sixth.
(d) The seventh.
14. By what does Muhammad believe that he is comforted, as he believes after every encounter?
(b) The dead Khadijah.
(c) His dead uncle.
(d) His dead mother.
15. What is Jahiliyah used to describe?
(a) Arab society after Khadija's death.
(b) Arab society after Muhammad's death.
(c) Arab society before Muhammad.
(d) Arab society during Muhammad's period of preaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. There was more understanding of Islam by the eighteenth century. How did Islam become accepted?
2. What is the Quran a source of information?
3. Was Arabia considered to be important to the world powers at this time?
4. After his first encounter with the angel Gabriel, how did Muhammad react?
5. By what century was Europe actively fighting Islam?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)