|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death of the Prophet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When pregnant, Muhammad's mother was told something. What was she told?
(a) She was to name her child Muhammad.
(b) She was to have a son.
(c) She would die in childbirth.
(d) She was to deliver the lord of the Arabs.
2. Feeling that he was close to death, what did Muhammad want to do?
(a) Make a longer than usually retreat for the hajj.
(b) Stay in Medina.
(c) Visit his family.
(d) Stay in Mecca.
3. When would Muhammad could meet these pilgrims?
(a) When they were ready to convert.
(b) When it was safe.
(c) When he had converted all in Mecca.
(d) When he had more time.
4. What did Muslims feel that Rushdie's portrayal of the Quran indicate?
(a) Muhammad made a mistake.
(b) Much is missing from Islam and the Quran.
(c) Rushdie knows much about Islam.
(d) The inability to distinguish between good and evil.
5. Muhammad would return to Mecca the next year for the Hajj, and the Quraysh would do what for the three days that the Muslims were there?
(a) Stay in hiding.
(b) Vacate the city.
(c) Stay silent.
(d) Join them peacefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Muhammad marry Sawdah?
2. Muhammad founded a Muslim community. Who eventually accepted this?
3. People who don't re-order their lives live in _________ God.
4. With Khadija gone, with whom did Muhammad find refuge with?
5. Were there any scriptures for Islam?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)