|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death of the Prophet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many scholars like Martin Luther feel that Christianity would be overcome by?
(b) The Catholic Church.
2. Muhammad was asking the people to break with ____________ and they were reluctant to do so.
(a) Their religious leaders.
(b) Their families.
(d) The past.
3. What did Muslims feel that Rushdie's portrayal of the Quran indicate?
(a) Muhammad made a mistake.
(b) Rushdie knows much about Islam.
(c) Much is missing from Islam and the Quran.
(d) The inability to distinguish between good and evil.
4. By the time of Muhammad's birth, there were three different divisions within his tribe. What were they based upon?
5. When pregnant, Muhammad's mother was told something. What was she told?
(a) She was to have a son.
(b) She was to name her child Muhammad.
(c) She was to deliver the lord of the Arabs.
(d) She would die in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ka'aba was central to whose success and development of the wealth of Mecca?
2. There are many stories surrounding Muhammad's youth. Are any documented?
3. In 1988, Salman Rushdie published his novel called The Satanic Verses. What did Muslims believe?
4. What do many believe when Muhammad is knocked unconscious in a battle?
5. The angel Gabriel appeared. Who did he take Muhammad to meet in Jerusalem?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)