|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death of the Prophet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arab society at this time was characterized by who?
2. What is Jahiliyah used to describe?
(a) Arab society after Muhammad's death.
(b) Arab society after Khadija's death.
(c) Arab society during Muhammad's period of preaching.
(d) Arab society before Muhammad.
3. What did this angel command him to recite?
(a) What would become the Quran.
(c) The Bible in Arabic.
(d) A series of laws.
4. When was Muhammad successful?
(a) After the move to Medina.
(b) Before his move to Medina.
(c) After the conversion of all in Mecca.
(d) Right before his death.
5. When did Muhammad die?
(a) June 8, 632.
(b) June 8, 532.
(c) June 8, 732.
(d) June 8, 832.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Salman Rushdie published The Satanic Verses?
2. What did Muslims feel that Rushdie's portrayal of the Quran indicate?
3. What did muruwah prevent?
4. The religion Muhammad preached became known as Islam. What does Islam mean?
5. Was Arabia considered to be important to the world powers at this time?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)