|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jahiliyah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Were there common laws among the tribes?
(a) None except that deaths were avenged by killing an equal number of members of the murderers' tribe.
(b) Yes, many.
(c) Yes, a few.
(d) No, none.
2. What does Armstrong believe that a religion should not be judged on the basis of ?
(a) Its beliefs.
(b) Its religious laws.
(c) The actions of the extremists.
(d) The actions of the masses.
3. What happened when Salman Rushdie published The Satanic Verses?
(a) It caused an uproar in the Muslim world.
(b) Muslims reacted positively.
(c) The Muslims imprisoned him.
(d) The Muslim world ignored him.
4. How was the Muslim Empire viewed?
(a) With wonder.
(b) With fear.
(c) With annoyance.
(d) With confusion.
5. Are many of the views and values of Islam similar to those of Judaism and Christianity?
(b) Very few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jahiliyah used to describe?
2. With what was conversion to monotheism associated?
3. By what century was Europe actively fighting Islam?
4. This section examines ___________ the Prophet Muhammad and looks at how it developed.
5. During the period of the Crusades, there were many attempts to convert the Muslims to Christianity. Who did the Christians do this with?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)