|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jahiliyah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Were there common laws among the tribes?
(a) None except that deaths were avenged by killing an equal number of members of the murderers' tribe.
(b) Yes, many.
(c) No, none.
(d) Yes, a few.
2. What led to so many executions for both Muslims and Christians?
(c) Friendly fire.
(d) Both Christians and Muslims viewed the other as the infidel.
3. When was the Quran compiled?
(a) In 650.
(b) In 850.
(c) In 750.
(d) In 550.
4. With what was conversion to monotheism associated?
(a) A powerful God.
(c) Rules and laws.
(d) Loss of political autonomy and subjugation to imperialistic control.
5. The Ka'aba was central to whose success and development of the wealth of Mecca?
(a) The Quadi tribe.
(b) The Iwi tribe.
(c) The Quraysh tribe.
(d) The Zoku tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the suras?
2. What period does the challenge of Islam to the West date back?
3. In 850, the monk Perfectus denounced the Prophet. Who put him to death?
4. Was Salman Rushdie's the first denunciation of the Prophet by a Muslim?
5. What did Muhammad use to force people to convert to Islam?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)