|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Satanic Verses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Arabia considered to be important to the world powers at this time?
(a) Yes, somewhat important.
(b) No, not important.
(c) Yes, fairly important.
(d) Yes, very important.
2. When did Muhammad have an experience with an angel?
3. The Ka'aba was central to whose success and development of the wealth of Mecca?
(a) The Quadi tribe.
(b) The Iwi tribe.
(c) The Zoku tribe.
(d) The Quraysh tribe.
4. By what does Muhammad believe that he is comforted, as he believes after every encounter?
(a) The dead Khadijah.
(c) His dead mother.
(d) His dead uncle.
5. Societies eventually evolved to a point where they no longer need __________, which was the case with seventh century Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Quran compiled?
2. In what century did an Arab merchant named Muhammad live in Mecca?
3. The view of the Muslim world changed to one that the Muslim world would never be conquered by war or missionary activities. What did it become important to do?
4. What is the Western view of Muhammad?
5. This section examines ___________ the Prophet Muhammad and looks at how it developed.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)