|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Ronsel of the good things he saw in Europe?
2. Who does Laura say her husband is cheating on her with?
3. How much does Hap owe for borrowing a mule?
4. Why did Ronsel run away from Laura?
5. What month did Laura visit Memphis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
2. What does Henry think will help with Jamie's injuries after the war?
3. How did Laura feel when she first met Ronsel?
4. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
5. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
6. Who did Mrs. Atwood want to kill, and why?
7. What surprise did Laura learn while visiting Memphis?
8. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
9. What does Henry do when he first meets Ronsel?
10. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What hopes does Ronsel have for his future, and what are the main obstacles he will have to overcome to achieve these goals?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)