|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Ronsel of the good things he saw in Europe?
2. Who does Laura say her husband is cheating on her with?
3. How did Henry try to help Jamie after the war?
4. Who comforted Jamie when he hit the ground while in town?
5. What kind of family did Laura have growing up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
2. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
3. How did Laura feel when she first met Ronsel?
4. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
5. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
6. What causes Jamie to make a fool of himself in town?
7. What does Henry do when he first meets Ronsel?
8. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
9. What surprise did Laura learn while visiting Memphis?
10. Who did Mrs. Atwood want to kill, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Laura's relationship with Henry change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Ronsel endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)