|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronsel plan to return to the MacAllans?
2. How did Henry try to help Jamie after the war?
3. What caused Laura to lie in bed for weeks?
4. What does Laura go to town for?
5. What did Henry tell Ronsel to do when they met?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
2. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
3. What surprise did Laura learn while visiting Memphis?
4. Who did Mrs. Atwood want to kill, and why?
5. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
6. What causes Jamie to make a fool of himself in town?
7. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
8. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
9. How did Laura feel when she first met Ronsel?
10. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What does Laura hate about the farm, and how are each of these objections overcome through time?
Essay Topic 3
How did Laura's relationship with Henry change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)