|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel after being in bed for weeks?
2. What does Ronsel regret about the war?
3. How did Ronsel feel after his run in with Henry?
4. What did Florence want more than anything during the war?
5. Who reminds Ronsel of the bad things he saw in Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Mrs. Atwood want to kill, and why?
2. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
3. Why does Jamie get arrested?
4. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
5. What surprise did Laura learn while visiting Memphis?
6. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
7. What causes Jamie to make a fool of himself in town?
8. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
9. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
10. Why did Ronsel think he would be treated differently after returning from the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in "Mudbound". What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Ronsel endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
There were a few different social and political ideals mentioned and discussed in this book. What were some of these ideals, and how did their presence in the book affect the main characters?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)