|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura go to town for?
2. Where did Jamie get sent to jail?
3. What did Ronsel and Jamie drink together?
4. What does Ronsel regret about the war?
5. What does Ronsel plan to return to the MacAllans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise did Laura learn while visiting Memphis?
2. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
3. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
4. Who did Mrs. Atwood want to kill, and why?
5. What does Henry think will help with Jamie's injuries after the war?
6. What causes Jamie to make a fool of himself in town?
7. Why is Ronsel so excited to return Henry's mule?
8. Why did Ronsel think he would be treated differently after returning from the war?
9. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
10. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the name of this book? How does the title, "Mudbound", come to play a part in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)