|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jamie get sent to jail?
2. What does Ronsel plan to return to the MacAllans?
3. What surprise did Laura learn while in Memphis?
4. What month did Laura visit Memphis?
5. What camp did Ronsel help with in Europe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ronsel want to stay in Europe when the war was over?
2. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
3. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
4. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
5. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
6. Why does Jamie get arrested?
7. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
8. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
9. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
10. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)