|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lindbergh successfully fly to?
2. What military branch did Ronsel join?
3. What does Laura hire Florence to do for her?
4. How long did Laura have bliss in her marriage?
5. Why was Laura so hesitant to move when her brother-in-law died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Turpin make things worse for Hap and his injury?
2. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
3. What is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the Jackson's goal?
4. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
5. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
6. What causes Laura to not kick the Atwoods off the property?
7. How did Henry avoid the draft for the war?
8. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
9. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
10. Why does Laura find a good doctor to treat Hap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What hopes does Ronsel have for his future, and what are the main obstacles he will have to overcome to achieve these goals?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)