|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ronsel have to put up with while training in the south?
2. Why did Henry leave town while courting Laura?
3. What is Henry's occupation?
4. Why was Henry not eligible for the draft?
5. What does Jamie often ask Henry about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
2. What is ironic about Ronsel signing up for the military?
3. Why does Dr. Turpin make things worse for Hap and his injury?
4. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
5. How did Henry avoid the draft for the war?
6. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
7. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
8. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
9. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
10. How did Laura feel on her thirtieth birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the name of this book? How does the title, "Mudbound", come to play a part in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)