|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henry buy something after his brother-in-law died?
2. How did Laura describe Jamie when she met him?
3. How are Jamie and Henry related?
4. What is wrong with the house on the farm?
5. Who introduced Laura and Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
2. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
3. How did Laura feel on her thirtieth birthday?
4. What does Hap say to explain gunshots heard on the property one night?
5. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
6. How are all the first chapters of this book formatted?
7. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
8. How did Hap break his leg?
9. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
10. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in "Mudbound"?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)