|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pappy think Florence should sleep?
2. What did Laura decide on her 30th birthday?
3. Why is Jamie rushing in what he is doing at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Laura's brother-in-law die?
5. Why can't Florence go home after treating Laura's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
2. How did Henry avoid the draft for the war?
3. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
4. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
5. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
6. Why did Henry want to buy a farm?
7. What is ironic about Ronsel signing up for the military?
8. How did Laura feel on her thirtieth birthday?
9. How did Hap break his leg?
10. What causes Laura to not kick the Atwoods off the property?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ronsel endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What does Laura hate about the farm, and how are each of these objections overcome through time?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)