|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Jamie is Henry?
2. Why was Henry not eligible for the draft?
3. What does Laura want to call the farm?
4. Why does Henry dig so deep at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Henry buy after his brother-in-law died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
2. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
3. Why does Dr. Turpin make things worse for Hap and his injury?
4. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
5. What does Hap say to explain gunshots heard on the property one night?
6. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
7. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
8. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
9. What is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the Jackson's goal?
10. Why did Henry want to buy a farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the name of this book? How does the title, "Mudbound", come to play a part in the plot?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)