|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Laura to lie in bed for weeks?
(a) Her miscarriage.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her fear.
2. What does Ronsel regret about the war?
(a) Helping in the camps.
(b) Going to Europe.
(c) Leaving his lover.
(d) Killing unarmed soldiers.
3. How did people in Europe treat Ronsel?
4. What happened to Laura after a surprise visit from Mrs. Atwood?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She miscarried.
(c) She got the flu.
(d) She vomited.
5. What month did Laura visit Memphis?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel after being in bed for weeks?
2. Where did Jamie get sent to jail?
3. What did Jamie run into before he was arrested?
4. When did Henry know the war had broken Jamie?
5. How does Jamie feel about the person who always saves him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
2. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
3. Who did Mrs. Atwood want to kill, and why?
4. Why did Ronsel want to stay in Europe when the war was over?
5. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
6. Why does Jamie get arrested?
7. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
8. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
9. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
10. What does Henry think will help with Jamie's injuries after the war?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)