|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds Ronsel of the bad things he saw in Europe?
(a) An old crush.
(b) Laura's daughter.
(c) The sheriff.
2. What does Ronsel plan to purchase for his father when he returns?
(a) A mule.
(b) A tractor.
(c) Some fertilizer.
3. What did Henry have to pay $1,000 for when Jamie was arrested?
(a) Bail money.
(b) Legal feels.
(c) Community service charges.
(d) Car repairs.
4. How much does Hap owe for borrowing a mule?
(a) A third of the harvest.
(b) A fifth of the harvest.
(c) A quarter of the harvest.
(d) A tenth of the harvest.
5. Why does Mrs. Atwood want to kill someone?
(a) He spread bad rumors.
(b) He caused a miscarriage.
(c) He kicked her off the land.
(d) He molested her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura miss while in Memphis?
2. What kind of family did Laura have growing up?
3. How did Jamie try to cope after the war?
4. What did Florence want more than anything during the war?
5. What is Ronsel doing when Jamie invites him to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
2. How did Laura feel when she first met Ronsel?
3. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
4. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
5. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
6. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
7. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
8. Why does Jamie get arrested?
9. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
10. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)