|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jamie get sent to jail?
(c) White Springs.
(d) Yellow Vale.
2. Who does Laura say her husband is cheating on her with?
(c) The land.
(d) His dreams.
3. What does Ronsel plan to return to the MacAllans?
(a) The rent money.
(b) Some seeds.
(c) The tractor.
(d) The mule.
4. What was the biggest barrier for Ronsel's affair during the war?
5. What does Henry think will help Jamie after the war?
(b) Some medication.
(c) Hard work.
(d) A new woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jamie feel the fear of war the most?
2. How did Jamie try to cope after the war?
3. What camp did Ronsel help with in Europe?
4. What month did Laura visit Memphis?
5. What surprise did Laura learn while in Memphis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Laura give Ronsel when they meet, and how does he respond to this?
2. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
3. How did Laura feel when she first met Ronsel?
4. Why did Ronsel want to stay in Europe when the war was over?
5. Why is Ronsel so excited to return Henry's mule?
6. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
7. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
8. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
9. What does Henry think will help with Jamie's injuries after the war?
10. What causes Jamie to make a fool of himself in town?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)