|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Florence want more than anything during the war?
(a) To have another baby.
(b) Ronsel to come home.
(c) Laura to welcome her.
(d) Hap to heal.
2. Who warned Laura that she might end up in bed for weeks?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
3. What surprised Laura about Ronsel?
(a) He had big scars on his face.
(b) He had one leg.
(c) He was in uniform,
(d) He was thought dead.
4. What do Ronsel and Jamie talk about when they are together?
(b) War experiences.
(c) Farming ideas.
(d) Former loves.
5. Who reminds Ronsel of the good things he saw in Europe?
(a) Laura's daughter.
(b) An old crush.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Laura go back to Memphis for a time?
2. Why did Ronsel elect to stay longer in Europe than he needed to?
3. What does Florence sense when Ronsel comes home from the war?
4. How did Henry try to help Jamie after the war?
5. What does Ronsel regret about the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
2. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
3. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
4. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
5. Why does Jamie get arrested?
6. What causes Jamie to make a fool of himself in town?
7. Why did Ronsel want to stay in Europe when the war was over?
8. How did Laura feel when she first met Ronsel?
9. Why did Ronsel think he would be treated differently after returning from the war?
10. What does Henry think will help with Jamie's injuries after the war?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)