|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jamie get sent to jail?
(a) White Springs.
(c) Yellow Vale.
2. How does Laura describe doing her duties after being in bed for weeks?
(a) Deepening the rift.
(b) Going through the motions.
(c) Proving her worth.
(d) Regaining herself.
3. When does Jamie feel the fear of war the most?
(a) When he is working.
(b) When he is driving.
(c) When he is sleeping.
(d) When he is awake.
4. What honor does Jamie give Ronsel?
(a) Buys him dinner.
(b) Publicly salutes to him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Lets him ride in the cap of the truck.
5. How did people in Europe treat Ronsel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Florence want more than anything during the war?
2. What did Ronsel not find in Europe that he finds in America?
3. What does Ronsel plan to return to the MacAllans?
4. Why does Mrs. Atwood want to kill someone?
5. What is Ronsel doing when Jamie invites him to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
2. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
3. Why does Jamie get arrested?
4. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
5. What surprise did Laura learn while visiting Memphis?
6. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
7. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
8. What information does Laura give Ronsel when they meet, and how does he respond to this?
9. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
10. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)