|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised Laura about Ronsel?
(a) He had one leg.
(b) He was in uniform,
(c) He had big scars on his face.
(d) He was thought dead.
2. How much does Hap owe for borrowing a mule?
(a) A tenth of the harvest.
(b) A third of the harvest.
(c) A quarter of the harvest.
(d) A fifth of the harvest.
3. How did people in Europe treat Ronsel?
4. Why did Ronsel run away from Laura?
(a) She threatened to arrest him,
(b) She told him about his family's troubles.
(c) She reminded him of a French woman.
(d) She looked him in the eye.
5. What happened to Laura after a surprise visit from Mrs. Atwood?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She vomited.
(c) She miscarried.
(d) She got the flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jamie try to cope after the war?
2. Why did Ronsel elect to stay longer in Europe than he needed to?
3. What caused Laura to lie in bed for weeks?
4. Why did Ronsel think people in the U.S. would treat him differently after the war?
5. When does Jamie feel the fear of war the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
2. What causes Jamie to make a fool of himself in town?
3. What does Henry think will help with Jamie's injuries after the war?
4. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
5. Why did Ronsel want to stay in Europe when the war was over?
6. What information does Laura give Ronsel when they meet, and how does he respond to this?
7. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
8. Why did Ronsel think he would be treated differently after returning from the war?
9. How did Laura feel when she first met Ronsel?
10. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)