|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jamie most harmed during the war?
(a) He lost a finger.
(b) He was suspicious of everyone.
(c) He lost his hearing.
(d) He was mentally unstable.
2. How did Ronsel feel after his run in with Henry?
3. What ruins Ronsel's reunion with his family?
(a) His father is very sick.
(b) Mr. MacAllan forces him to apologize.
(c) He uniform gets ruined.
(d) The farm is in a bad state.
4. Who was with Henry when he first meets Ronsel?
5. What do Laura's daughter talk to the store owner about?
(a) The farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of family did Laura have growing up?
2. What happened to Laura after a surprise visit from Mrs. Atwood?
3. What did Henry have to pay $1,000 for when Jamie was arrested?
4. Why did Ronsel elect to stay longer in Europe than he needed to?
5. When does Jamie feel the fear of war the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
2. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
3. How does Jamie cope with how he is harmed after the war?
4. Why did Laura visit Memphis?
5. How is Jamie comforted after making a fool of himself in town?
6. What does Henry do when he first meets Ronsel?
7. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
8. What happens to Laura while Mrs. Atwood threatens to kill someone?
9. Why does Jamie get arrested?
10. Why did Ronsel think he would be treated differently after returning from the war?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)