|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ronsel run away from Laura?
(a) She threatened to arrest him,
(b) She reminded him of a French woman.
(c) She told him about his family's troubles.
(d) She looked him in the eye.
2. What does Henry think will help Jamie after the war?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A new woman.
(d) Some medication.
3. Why did Ronsel elect to stay longer in Europe than he needed to?
(a) To be with his lover.
(b) To help the survivors.
(c) To qualify for a medal.
(d) To avoid going home.
4. Who reminds Ronsel of the bad things he saw in Europe?
(a) An old crush.
(b) Laura's daughter.
(d) The sheriff.
5. Why was Jamie sent to jail?
(a) He got in a fight.
(b) He stole cigarettes.
(c) He was drinking and driving.
(d) He killed a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What camp did Ronsel help with in Europe?
2. What did Henry have to pay $1,000 for when Jamie was arrested?
3. Who warned Laura that she might end up in bed for weeks?
4. What do Laura's daughter talk to the store owner about?
5. What happened to Laura after a surprise visit from Mrs. Atwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florence sense in Ronsel when he comes home from the war?
2. How is Jamie harmed after the war?
3. What information does Laura give Ronsel when they meet, and how does he respond to this?
4. What is the biggest difference Ronsel found between Europe and America?
5. Why did Ronsel think he would be treated differently after returning from the war?
6. What was Ronsel's main task during the war in Europe?
7. What surprise did Laura learn while visiting Memphis?
8. Why did Ronsel want to stay in Europe when the war was over?
9. How does Laura feel after recovering from being in bed for weeks?
10. Why does Jamie get arrested?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)