|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Laura describe Jamie when she met him?
2. How did Laura's brother-in-law die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He had consumption.
3. What does Jamie often ask Henry about?
(a) His job.
(b) The war.
(d) His first wife.
4. What did Jamie lose an appendage in the war to?
(b) A gun shot.
(c) An infection.
(d) A snake bite.
5. Why does Henry dig so deep at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is biding his time.
(b) It is what his brother wanted.
(c) It gets the body far away from him.
(d) He is worried a storm will wash the body up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of unit is Ronsel in when he is called to fight?
2. What is wrong with the house on the farm?
3. Where did Lindbergh successfully fly to?
4. Why was Henry not eligible for the draft?
5. What did Laura decide on her 30th birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Ronsel signing up for the military?
2. What is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the Jackson's goal?
3. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
4. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
5. How did Hap break his leg?
6. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
7. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
8. How did Henry avoid the draft for the war?
9. Why does Dr. Turpin make things worse for Hap and his injury?
10. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)