|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ronsel hope to do when he joined the military?
(a) Fight battles.
(b) Find his father.
(c) Make his mother proud.
(d) Fly planes.
2. Where does Laura move after her brother-in-law dies?
3. What does Henry want to call the farm?
(a) Mud Manor.
(c) Farm Place.
(d) Fair Fields.
4. What did Henry tell Jamie was the best place to fight from?
(a) The sky.
(b) The sea.
(c) The ground.
(d) The trenches.
5. Where was Laura married?
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie often ask Henry about?
2. How many of Laura's brothers are called to the draft?
3. Why can't Florence go home after treating Laura's children?
4. What is Henry's occupation?
5. When did Laura meet most of Henry's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Laura to not kick the Atwoods off the property?
2. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
3. Why did Henry want to buy a farm?
4. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
5. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
6. How are all the first chapters of this book formatted?
7. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
8. What does Hap say to explain gunshots heard on the property one night?
9. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
10. How did Hap break his leg?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)