|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Jamie and Henry related?
(a) Jamie is his uncle.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
2. Why was Ronsel unable to reach his goals in the military?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is black.
3. When did Jamie experience what he has nightmares about?
(a) When he was 5 years old.
(b) When he was 15 years old.
(c) When he was 2 years old.
(d) When he was 10 years old.
4. What is Mrs. Jackson's occupation?
5. What does Laura hire Florence to do for her?
(a) Cook the meals.
(b) Teach the children.
(c) Keep house.
(d) Sew a new wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Henry's limp?
2. What did Henry do when he returned to town while courting Laura?
3. What did Jamie lose an appendage in the war to?
4. What does Florence make for Laura's children when she first meets them?
5. Where does Pappy think Florence should sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
2. What does the Jackson family want more than anything?
3. How are all the first chapters of this book formatted?
4. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
5. How did Laura feel on her thirtieth birthday?
6. Why does Laura find a good doctor to treat Hap?
7. What is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the Jackson's goal?
8. What is the big rumor spread about Dr. Turpin?
9. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
10. How did Hap break his leg?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)