|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pappy think Florence should sleep?
(a) The guest room.
(b) The crib room.
(c) The couch.
(d) The barn.
2. What did Laura decide on her 30th birthday?
(a) She needed to change her ideas.
(b) Her life was over.
(c) She would never get married.
(d) Her father would be proud of her.
3. What does Jamie often ask Henry about?
(a) The war.
(c) His first wife.
(d) His job.
4. What did Jamie lose an appendage in the war to?
(a) A snake bite.
(b) An infection.
(c) A gun shot.
5. What did Laura run a drive for during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura describe Henry's family when she met them?
2. How is the coffin described at the beginning of the book?
3. How did Laura describe Jamie when she met him?
4. When did Laura meet most of Henry's family?
5. How did Laura's brother-in-law die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
2. What causes Laura to not kick the Atwoods off the property?
3. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
4. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
5. What is ironic about Ronsel signing up for the military?
6. Why does Dr. Turpin make things worse for Hap and his injury?
7. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
8. What is the big rumor spread about Dr. Turpin?
9. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
10. How did Henry avoid the draft for the war?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)