|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Laura so hesitant to move when her brother-in-law died?
(a) She had to quit her job.
(b) She had to get closer to Jamie.
(c) She had to leave her family.
(d) She had to change schools.
2. What does Laura want to call the farm?
(b) Mud Manor.
(c) Farm Place.
(d) Fair Fields.
3. What kind of tasks is Ronsel given in the military?
4. Who introduced Laura and Henry?
5. How did Laura's brother-in-law die?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He had consumption.
(d) He committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to make Laura angry with Henry after moving to the farm house?
2. What is Henry's last name?
3. When did Laura meet most of Henry's family?
4. How did Laura describe Henry's family when she met them?
5. What caused Henry's limp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the Jackson's goal?
2. Why did Henry want to buy a farm?
3. What does the Jackson family want more than anything?
4. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
5. Why does Dr. Turpin make things worse for Hap and his injury?
6. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
7. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
8. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
9. How did Laura feel on her thirtieth birthday?
10. Why does Laura find a good doctor to treat Hap?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)