|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jamie doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cooking a meal.
(b) Digging a grave.
(c) Writing an obituary.
(d) Attending a funeral.
2. How deep does Henry dig the grave at the beginning of the book?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 9 deep.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 7 feet.
3. Why can't Florence go home after treating Laura's children?
(a) The town is too far away.
(b) The bridge is washed out.
(c) It is dark.
(d) It is contagious.
4. What does Florence make for Laura's children when she first meets them?
5. What did Lindbergh inspire Jamie to do?
(a) Become a pilot.
(b) Build a plane.
(c) Own an airport.
(d) Travel the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Laura move after her brother-in-law dies?
2. What is Henry's last name?
3. Who introduced Laura and Henry?
4. Why was Henry not eligible for the draft?
5. What did Henry do when he returned to town while courting Laura?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura feel on her thirtieth birthday?
2. Why does Dr. Turpin make things worse for Hap and his injury?
3. What is ironic about Ronsel signing up for the military?
4. What did Mr. MacAllans make Hap do while he was recovering?
5. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
6. What is the big rumor spread about Dr. Turpin?
7. What does Hap say to explain gunshots heard on the property one night?
8. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
9. What does Laura do to help with the war efforts?
10. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)