|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Laura have bliss in her marriage?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. Who calls Ronsel's unit to fight?
3. What did Ronsel have to put up with while training in the south?
(b) Low payment.
(d) Poor housing.
4. Why did Henry's father sell his farm?
(a) There was a flood.
(b) His father died.
(c) His wife got sick.
(d) He hated the farm.
5. What does Jamie often ask Henry about?
(a) The war.
(c) His first wife.
(d) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep does Henry dig the grave at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Mrs. Jackson's occupation?
3. Who is Henry digging a grave for at the beginning of the book?
4. What is wrong with the house on the farm?
5. What did Laura decide on her 30th birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Jackson family want more than anything?
2. How did Jamie almost die as a child?
3. Why does Laura find a good doctor to treat Hap?
4. What does Florence do in the farm house that makes Laura uncomfortable?
5. What causes Laura to not kick the Atwoods off the property?
6. Why does Hap think his mule broke his leg?
7. Why does Henry almost throw the Atwoods off their property?
8. How did Henry avoid the draft for the war?
9. How did Hap break his leg?
10. What upset Laura's life more than the war?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)