|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ronsel and Jamie drink together?
2. What did Laura miss while in Memphis?
(a) The farm.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Her children.
3. Who reminds Ronsel of the bad things he saw in Europe?
(a) Laura's daughter.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) An old crush.
4. How does Jamie feel about the person who always saves him?
(d) All of these.
5. What surprise did Laura learn while in Memphis?
(a) She loves the farm.
(b) She is inheriting a fortune.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She wants a divorce.
6. What did Laura NOT miss while in Memphis?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The farm.
(c) Her children.
(d) The neighbors.
7. What did Florence want more than anything during the war?
(a) Laura to welcome her.
(b) Hap to heal.
(c) Ronsel to come home.
(d) To have another baby.
8. Who reminds Ronsel of the good things he saw in Europe?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) Laura's daughter.
(d) An old crush.
9. Why did Ronsel elect to stay longer in Europe than he needed to?
(a) To qualify for a medal.
(b) To help the survivors.
(c) To avoid going home.
(d) To be with his lover.
10. Who was with Henry when he first meets Ronsel?
11. What was the biggest barrier for Ronsel's affair during the war?
12. What happened to Laura after a surprise visit from Mrs. Atwood?
(a) She miscarried.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She vomited.
(d) She got the flu.
13. What did Jamie run into before he was arrested?
(a) A school.
(b) A cow.
(c) A tree.
(d) A fence.
14. Where was the woman Ronsel had an affair from?
15. Where did Jamie get sent to jail?
(b) White Springs.
(d) Yellow Vale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jamie try to cope after the war?
2. What did Henry have to pay $1,000 for when Jamie was arrested?
3. Why did Ronsel run away from Laura?
4. Who comforted Jamie when he hit the ground while in town?
5. How did Laura feel after being in bed for weeks?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)