|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jamie sent to jail?
(a) He stole cigarettes.
(b) He got in a fight.
(c) He killed a horse.
(d) He was drinking and driving.
2. How did Ronsel feel after his run in with Henry?
3. Who reminds Ronsel of the good things he saw in Europe?
(a) An old crush.
(c) Laura's daughter.
(d) The sheriff.
4. What did Laura miss while in Memphis?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
(c) The farm.
(d) The neighbors.
5. How was Jamie most harmed during the war?
(a) He was mentally unstable.
(b) He lost a finger.
(c) He lost his hearing.
(d) He was suspicious of everyone.
6. How does Jamie feel about the person who always saves him?
(b) All of these.
7. How much does Hap owe for borrowing a mule?
(a) A quarter of the harvest.
(b) A tenth of the harvest.
(c) A fifth of the harvest.
(d) A third of the harvest.
8. Who was with Henry when he first meets Ronsel?
9. What camp did Ronsel help with in Europe?
10. What does Laura go to town for?
(a) To get her mail.
(b) To fight her depression.
(c) To socialize.
(d) To buy supplies.
11. Who comforted Jamie when he hit the ground while in town?
12. What does Florence sense when Ronsel comes home from the war?
(a) He wants to get married.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He wants to return.
(d) He wants to leave the South.
13. Why did Ronsel run away from Laura?
(a) She looked him in the eye.
(b) She threatened to arrest him,
(c) She told him about his family's troubles.
(d) She reminded him of a French woman.
14. What do Laura's daughter talk to the store owner about?
(d) The farm.
15. What do Ronsel and Jamie talk about when they are together?
(b) War experiences.
(c) Farming ideas.
(d) Former loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ronsel and Jamie drink together?
2. What did Ronsel not find in Europe that he finds in America?
3. How did Ronsel describe the survivors of the camp he helped in Europe?
4. Who does Laura say her husband is cheating on her with?
5. Why does Mrs. Atwood want to kill someone?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)