|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the biggest barrier for Ronsel's affair during the war?
2. How much does Hap owe for borrowing a mule?
(a) A tenth of the harvest.
(b) A third of the harvest.
(c) A fifth of the harvest.
(d) A quarter of the harvest.
3. What is Henry's father called?
4. Where was the woman Ronsel had an affair from?
5. Why did Ronsel elect to stay longer in Europe than he needed to?
(a) To qualify for a medal.
(b) To be with his lover.
(c) To avoid going home.
(d) To help the survivors.
6. How does Mrs. Atwood want Laura to help her kill someone?
(a) Drive her to town.
(b) Get out of the way.
(c) Lend a gun.
(d) Tell her where he is.
7. What did Laura miss while in Memphis?
(a) The farm.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) The neighbors.
8. What does Laura go to town for?
(a) To socialize.
(b) To buy supplies.
(c) To get her mail.
(d) To fight her depression.
9. What did Ronsel not find in Europe that he finds in America?
(b) National pride.
(c) Concentration camps.
10. How does Jamie feel about the person who always saves him?
(c) All of these.
11. What caused Laura to lie in bed for weeks?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Her fear.
(d) Her miscarriage.
12. What did Ronsel and Jamie drink together?
13. Who always saves Jamie?
14. What camp did Ronsel help with in Europe?
15. What did Laura NOT miss while in Memphis?
(a) The farm.
(b) Her children.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry try to help Jamie after the war?
2. What honor does Jamie give Ronsel?
3. What does Ronsel regret about the war?
4. Why did Laura go back to Memphis for a time?
5. What month did Laura visit Memphis?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)