|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ronsel not find in Europe that he finds in America?
(a) Concentration camps.
(b) National pride.
2. Who reminds Ronsel of the good things he saw in Europe?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) An old crush.
(d) Laura's daughter.
3. Why did Ronsel elect to stay longer in Europe than he needed to?
(a) To qualify for a medal.
(b) To be with his lover.
(c) To avoid going home.
(d) To help the survivors.
4. When does Jamie feel the fear of war the most?
(a) When he is sleeping.
(b) When he is working.
(c) When he is driving.
(d) When he is awake.
5. Why does Mrs. Atwood want to kill someone?
(a) He caused a miscarriage.
(b) He molested her daughter.
(c) He kicked her off the land.
(d) He spread bad rumors.
6. What surprise did Laura learn while in Memphis?
(a) She is inheriting a fortune.
(b) She wants a divorce.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She loves the farm.
7. Who always saves Jamie?
8. What did Laura NOT miss while in Memphis?
(a) The farm.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Her children.
9. What do Laura's daughter talk to the store owner about?
(a) The farm.
10. What did Henry tell Ronsel to do when they met?
(b) Come for dinner.
(c) Care for his mother.
(d) Use the back door.
11. Why did Ronsel begin his affair in Europe?
(a) He fell in love.
(b) He was lonely.
(c) He was experimenting.
(d) She reminded him of someone back home.
12. Who does Laura say her husband is cheating on her with?
(c) The land.
(d) His dreams.
13. What does Henry think will help Jamie after the war?
(a) Hard work.
(b) A new woman.
(c) Some medication.
14. Why did Ronsel think people in the U.S. would treat him differently after the war?
(a) He has many medals.
(b) He fought in the war.
(c) He is a leader.
(d) He is taller.
15. What does Ronsel regret about the war?
(a) Leaving his lover.
(b) Helping in the camps.
(c) Going to Europe.
(d) Killing unarmed soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforted Jamie when he hit the ground while in town?
2. Why did Ronsel run away from Laura?
3. What caused Laura to lie in bed for weeks?
4. What does Florence sense when Ronsel comes home from the war?
5. What surprised Laura about Ronsel?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)