|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Laura have bliss in her marriage?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 6 days.
2. Who rescued Jamie when he experienced what he has nightmares about?
(b) His sister.
(d) His mother.
3. Where did Lindbergh successfully fly to?
(b) New York.
4. What appendage did Jamie lose in the war?
(a) A finger.
(b) An ear.
(c) A leg.
(d) A foot.
5. What does Laura want to call the farm?
(a) Mud Manor.
(b) Farm Place.
(d) Fair Fields.
6. What did Ronsel hope to do when he joined the military?
(a) Make his mother proud.
(b) Fight battles.
(c) Find his father.
(d) Fly planes.
7. What does Florence make for Laura's children when she first meets them?
8. When did Laura meet most of Henry's family?
(a) On Jamie's birthday.
(b) A few days before the wedding.
(c) On her birthday.
(d) At her bridal shower.
9. Why is Jamie rushing in what he is doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is up against a deadline.
(b) He has a lot to do.
(c) He hates funerals.
(d) The weather has been bad.
10. How did Laura's brother-in-law die?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He had consumption.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He drowned.
11. What is Mrs. Jackson's occupation?
12. How is the coffin described at the beginning of the book?
13. What caused Henry's limp?
(a) A dog bite.
(b) A child sickness.
(c) A birth defect.
(d) A war wound.
14. What kind of tasks is Ronsel given in the military?
15. What is Henry's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Laura's brothers are called to the draft?
2. Why did Henry leave town while courting Laura?
3. What did Jamie lose an appendage in the war to?
4. What did Henry tell Jamie was the best place to fight from?
5. Why did Henry buy something after his brother-in-law died?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)