|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep does Henry dig the grave at the beginning of the book?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 8 feet.
(c) 7 feet.
(d) 9 deep.
2. Where did Lindbergh successfully fly to?
(c) New York.
3. How long did Ronsel train in the South?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. How long did Laura have bliss in her marriage?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 6 years.
5. Why is Jamie rushing in what he is doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is up against a deadline.
(b) He has a lot to do.
(c) He hates funerals.
(d) The weather has been bad.
6. What does Laura want to call the farm?
(a) Farm Place.
(b) Fair Fields.
(c) Mud Manor.
7. Why was Laura so hesitant to move when her brother-in-law died?
(a) She had to quit her job.
(b) She had to get closer to Jamie.
(c) She had to leave her family.
(d) She had to change schools.
8. Who taught Henry about the importance of land?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His grandfather.
9. How are Jamie and Henry related?
(a) Jamie is his uncle.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
10. When did Laura meet most of Henry's family?
(a) At her bridal shower.
(b) A few days before the wedding.
(c) On Jamie's birthday.
(d) On her birthday.
11. What did Ronsel hope to do when he joined the military?
(a) Fly planes.
(b) Fight battles.
(c) Find his father.
(d) Make his mother proud.
12. Who encouraged Henry to pursue Laura?
(a) Her brother.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. Where does Laura move after her brother-in-law dies?
14. What did Laura run a drive for during the war?
15. How much older than Jamie is Henry?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Henry's limp?
2. Who calls Ronsel's unit to fight?
3. Why did Henry leave town while courting Laura?
4. What did Lindbergh inspire Jamie to do?
5. What is Mrs. Jackson's occupation?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)