|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Henry about the importance of land?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His grandfather.
2. Why does Florence dislike Pappy?
(a) He treats her like a slave.
(b) He is never fully dressed.
(c) He drinks a lot.
(d) He swears a lot.
3. What does Ronsel plan to purchase for his father when he returns?
(b) A tractor.
(c) Some fertilizer.
(d) A mule.
4. How often does Jamie go somewhere to drink?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) A few times a month.
(c) A few times a week.
(d) Every day.
5. Why did Ronsel run away from Laura?
(a) She looked him in the eye.
(b) She told him about his family's troubles.
(c) She threatened to arrest him,
(d) She reminded him of a French woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence make for Laura's children when she first meets them?
2. How long did Laura have bliss in her marriage?
3. Why did Ronsel begin his affair in Europe?
4. How many of Laura's brothers are called to the draft?
5. What did Henry tell Jamie was the best place to fight from?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)