|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
3. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
4. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
2. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
3. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
4. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
5. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
6. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
7. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
8. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
9. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
10. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in the story?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)