|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
2. Who is under arrest in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. What is Leonato summoned to do just before he leaves to Hero's wedding?
4. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
5. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the unexpected visitors at Leonato's house on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
3. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
4. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
5. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
6. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
7. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
8. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
9. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
10. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things they would not do of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)