|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
2. What does Margaret make special mention of to Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
4. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
5. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
2. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
3. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
4. What does the Friar tell Hero to pretend to do as part of his plan to prove her innocence?
5. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
6. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
7. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
8. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
9. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
10. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
How does Benedick's relationship with Beatrice change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)