|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
2. What is the final order given to the night watch from the constable of Messina?
3. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
4. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
5. How much money did Borachio receive for his part in the plat to dishonor Hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
2. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
3. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
4. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
6. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
7. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
8. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
9. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
10. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two themes touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Hero endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)