|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
2. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
3. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
4. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
5. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
2. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
3. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
4. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
5. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
6. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
7. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
8. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
9. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
10. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)