|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
2. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
3. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
4. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
5. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety are two themes touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)