|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
2. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
3. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
4. Who wakes up Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What does Margaret make special mention of to Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
2. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
3. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
4. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
5. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
6. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
7. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
8. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
9. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
10. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two themes touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)