|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
2. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
3. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
4. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
5. Whom does Claudio read his written statement to after hearing about Hero's innocence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
2. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
3. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
4. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
5. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
6. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
7. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
8. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
9. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
10. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)