|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
2. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
3. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
4. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
5. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
3. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
4. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
5. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
6. Who is the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
7. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
8. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
9. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
10. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this play are persuaded to do things they would not do of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Benedick's relationship with Beatrice change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)