|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
2. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
3. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
4. What is the first question that the constable of Messina asks his new assistant constable?
5. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
2. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
3. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
4. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
5. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
6. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
7. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
8. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
9. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
10. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)