|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leonato summoned to do just before he leaves to Hero's wedding?
2. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
3. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
4. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
5. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
2. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. Who is the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
4. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
5. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
6. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
7. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
8. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
9. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
10. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor and honor is a theme of this play that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor and honor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)