|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
2. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
3. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
4. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
5. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
2. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
3. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
4. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
5. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
6. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
7. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
8. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
9. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
10. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Valor and honor is a theme of this play that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor and honor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)