|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
2. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
3. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
5. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
2. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
3. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
4. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
5. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
6. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
7. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
8. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
9. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
10. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Shakespeare have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in the story?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)