|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
2. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
3. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
4. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
5. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
2. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
3. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
4. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
5. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
6. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
7. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
8. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
9. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
10. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor and honor is a theme of this play that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor and honor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)