|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
2. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
3. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
4. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
5. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
2. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
4. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
5. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
6. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
7. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
8. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
9. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
10. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Margaret is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What might happen differently if Margaret wasn't in the book at all?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)