|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
2. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
3. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
5. How is Margaret related to Hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
2. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
3. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
4. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
5. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
6. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
7. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
8. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
9. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
10. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)