|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
2. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
3. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
4. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
5. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
2. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
3. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
4. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
5. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
6. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
7. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
8. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
9. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
10. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)