|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
2. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
4. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
5. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
2. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
3. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
4. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
5. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
6. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
7. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
8. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
9. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
10. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hero endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)