|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
2. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
3. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
4. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
5. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
2. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
3. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
4. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
5. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
6. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
7. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
8. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
9. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
10. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Hero endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)