|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
2. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
3. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
4. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
5. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
2. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
3. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
4. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
5. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
6. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
7. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
8. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
9. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
10. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)