|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
2. Where does the surprise visitor say Claudio can find evidence of his shocking news?
3. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
4. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
5. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
2. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
3. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
4. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
5. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
6. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
7. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
8. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
9. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
10. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)