|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
2. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
3. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
4. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
5. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
2. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
3. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
4. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
5. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
6. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
7. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
8. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
9. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
10. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hero endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How does Benedick's relationship with Beatrice change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)