|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
2. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
3. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
4. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
5. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
2. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
3. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
4. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
5. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
6. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
7. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
8. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
9. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
10. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hero endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)