|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
2. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
3. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
4. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
5. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
2. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
3. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
4. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
5. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
6. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
7. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
8. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
9. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
10. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Margaret is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What might happen differently if Margaret wasn't in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)