Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
2. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
3. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
4. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
5. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
2. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
4. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
5. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
6. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
7. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
8. How often does Claudio promise to read his epitaph to Hero after her funeral?
9. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
10. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Margaret is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What might happen differently if Margaret wasn't in the book at all?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)