|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
4. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
5. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
2. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
3. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
4. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
5. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
6. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
7. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
8. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
9. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
10. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Margaret is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What might happen differently if Margaret wasn't in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Valor and honor is a theme of this play that is very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor and honor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)