|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
2. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
3. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
4. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
5. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
2. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
3. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
4. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
5. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
6. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
7. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
8. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
9. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
10. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this play. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)