|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
3. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
4. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
5. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
2. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
3. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
4. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
5. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
6. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
7. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
8. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
9. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
10. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this play. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme presented in this play. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)