|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
2. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
3. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
4. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
5. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
2. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
3. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
4. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
5. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
6. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
7. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
8. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
9. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
10. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two themes touched on a number of times throughout the course of this play. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this play, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)