|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(b) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
(c) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(d) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
2. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
(a) Let them go free.
(b) Ask them where they are going.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Arrest them.
3. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(c) Don Pedro.
4. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) Her undying fidelity.
(b) Her love for eternity.
(c) A written admission of her impurity.
(d) A large sum of money as a dowry.
5. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
(a) Nervousness for Hero.
(b) Thoughts of Benedick.
(c) The noisy night-guard.
(d) A wounded animal outside her window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Claudio read his written statement to after hearing about Hero's innocence?
2. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
3. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
4. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
5. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
2. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
3. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
4. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
5. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
6. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
7. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
8. Who are the unexpected visitors at Leonato's house on the morning of Hero's wedding?
9. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
10. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)