|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs away.
2. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) An ass.
(c) A knave and a half.
(d) A blathering fool.
3. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Hero's tomb.
(b) The church.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The town square of Messina.
4. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) Her undying fidelity.
(b) Her love for eternity.
(c) A large sum of money as a dowry.
(d) A written admission of her impurity.
5. What is Leonato summoned to do just before he leaves to Hero's wedding?
(a) To arrange the dowry for Hero.
(b) To do an interrogation.
(c) To settle a dispute.
(d) To calm his daughter's nerves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
3. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
4. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
2. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
4. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
5. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
6. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
7. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
8. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
9. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
10. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)