|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He has been challenged to a dual.
(b) He has left town.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He is being held at Leonato's house.
2. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Calm her nerves.
(b) Write her vows.
(c) Adorn her hair.
(d) Choose a gown.
3. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
(a) The church.
(b) Leonato's house.
(c) The jail.
(d) The town square of Messina.
4. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He is not gifted with words.
(b) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
(c) He does not have her love yet.
(d) He must choose between his friend and his love.
5. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Disaster will strike.
(b) She will get pregnant.
(c) She will faint.
(d) Claudio will not accept her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
2. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
3. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
4. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
5. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
2. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
3. Who is the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
4. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
5. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
6. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
7. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
8. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
9. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
10. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)