|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Crashing a wedding.
(b) Making him work on a holiday.
(c) Disrespect towards him.
(d) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
2. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(d) Don Pedro.
3. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
(a) The jail.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The church.
(d) Leonato's house.
4. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
(a) Comic Relief.
5. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(b) She has died.
(c) She has been disowned by her father.
(d) She has been banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
2. Who comes to Leonato's house the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
4. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
5. What does Margaret make special mention of to Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
2. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
3. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
4. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
5. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
6. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
7. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
8. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
9. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
10. Who are the unexpected visitors at Leonato's house on the morning of Hero's wedding?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)