|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her feelings about Claudio.
(b) Her feelings about Benedick.
(c) Her opinion of her dress.
(d) Her advice for marriage.
2. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
(c) Friar Frances.
3. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
(a) Talking with Hero alone.
(b) Communicating his thoughts and feelings.
(c) Finding other amusement.
(d) Asking the Friar for forgiveness.
4. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
(a) They do not need to.
(b) They know each other too well.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They are too sensible.
5. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
(b) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(c) If Hero is a virgin.
(d) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes up Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
4. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
5. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
2. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
3. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
4. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
6. Who is the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
7. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
8. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
9. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
10. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)