|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A knave and a half.
(b) A coxcomb.
(c) A blathering fool.
(d) An ass.
2. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
(a) The sexton.
3. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
4. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(b) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(c) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(d) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
5. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
(c) The prince.
(d) The constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
2. What is the name of the constable of Messina?
3. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
4. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
5. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
2. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
3. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
4. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
6. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
7. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
8. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
9. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
10. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)