|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Pedro tell Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is a good father.
(b) He is wrong to believe Hero's innocence.
(c) He regrets that their friendship must now end.
(d) He is right to feel so protective of his daughter.
2. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Writing a song for Beatrice.
(b) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(c) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(d) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
3. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been banished.
(b) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been disowned by her father.
4. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
(a) That he had some evidence the rumor is not true.
(b) That he were dead.
(c) That he had never met Claudio.
(d) That she were dead.
5. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
(b) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(c) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
(d) If Hero is a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
2. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
3. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
4. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
5. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)