|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
(b) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
(c) They turn themselves in.
(d) They are caught red-handed.
2. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
(a) The jail.
(b) Leonato's house.
(c) The town square of Messina.
(d) The church.
3. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
(b) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
(c) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(d) Claudio saw her.
4. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) She realized she is getting older.
(b) She has loving feelings for Benedick.
(c) She feels the need to prove her uncle wrong about her character.
(d) She sees how happy Hero is.
5. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
(a) Subjects of the prince.
(c) Anyone within their sight.
(d) Citizens of Messina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret make special mention of to Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
3. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
4. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
5. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
2. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
4. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
5. Who are the unexpected visitors at Leonato's house on the morning of Hero's wedding?
6. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
7. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
8. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
9. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
10. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)