|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) An ass.
(b) A blathering fool.
(c) A coxcomb.
(d) A knave and a half.
2. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) They turn themselves in.
(b) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
(c) They are caught red-handed.
(d) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
3. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
(a) They know each other too well.
(b) They are too old.
(c) They are too sensible.
(d) They do not need to.
4. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
5. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
(a) The jail.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The church.
(d) The town square of Messina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
2. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
3. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
4. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
2. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
3. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
4. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
5. Who are the unexpected visitors at Leonato's house on the morning of Hero's wedding?
6. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
7. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
8. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
9. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
10. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)