|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
(a) Ask the owner which of the patrons need extra attention.
(b) Send the drunks home.
(c) Get him a drink.
(d) Force the owners to close it.
2. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(d) She cries.
3. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Being nervous.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her wedding night.
(d) Being sad.
4. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
5. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Not being attentive enough.
(b) Making off-color remarks.
(c) Looking prettier than herself.
(d) Waking her up too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
2. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
3. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
4. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
5. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
2. What does Beatrice tease Hero about just before she heads to the church for her wedding?
3. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
4. Who is the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
5. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
6. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
7. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
8. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
9. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
10. What does the Friar tell Hero to pretend to do as part of his plan to prove her innocence?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)