|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is in too much of a hurry to take time for a dual.
(b) He loves Leonato too much to hurt him.
(c) He will not fight an old man.
(d) He will not fight 2 duals in a day.
2. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
(a) He wants a transcript of the dialogue from Conrade.
(b) He feels very fondly towards the sexton.
(c) He feels that he should have accompanied the sexton.
(d) He wants a witness to the disrespect shown him.
3. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
(a) A life history.
(b) An epitaph.
(c) A dedication.
(d) An apology.
4. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
(b) Every other year.
(c) Every 5 years.
5. What is Leonato summoned to do just before he leaves to Hero's wedding?
(a) To arrange the dowry for Hero.
(b) To settle a dispute.
(c) To calm his daughter's nerves.
(d) To do an interrogation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Pedro tell Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
2. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
3. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
4. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
5. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
2. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
4. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
5. Who is the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
6. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
7. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
8. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
9. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
10. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)