|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
(a) Talking with Hero alone.
(b) Communicating his thoughts and feelings.
(c) Asking the Friar for forgiveness.
(d) Finding other amusement.
2. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
(a) He wants a witness to the disrespect shown him.
(b) He wants a transcript of the dialogue from Conrade.
(c) He feels that he should have accompanied the sexton.
(d) He feels very fondly towards the sexton.
3. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(b) Don John and Don Pedro.
(c) Benedick and Beatrice.
(d) Borachio and Conrade.
4. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
5. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(b) He does not have her love yet.
(c) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
(d) He is not gifted with words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
2. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
3. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
4. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
2. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
3. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
4. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
5. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
6. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
7. What does Hero scold Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
8. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
9. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
10. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)