|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
(a) Assist in their plan to help Hero.
(b) Kill Claudio.
(c) Not believe the rumor about Hero.
(d) Marry her.
2. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(d) Don Pedro.
3. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Writing a song for Beatrice.
(b) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
(c) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(d) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
4. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Choose a gown.
(b) Write her vows.
(c) Calm her nerves.
(d) Adorn her hair.
5. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
(b) Friar Frances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
3. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
4. What is the final order given to the night watch from the constable of Messina?
5. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
2. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
3. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
4. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
5. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
6. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
7. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
8. Who are the two suspects that Dogberry and Verges must interrogate?
9. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
10. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)