|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) He is the governor.
(b) He is housing royalty at the moment.
(c) Hero's wedding is the next day.
(d) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
2. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
(a) An epitaph.
(b) A life history.
(c) A dedication.
(d) An apology.
3. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(b) Borachio and Conrade.
(c) Don John and Don Pedro.
(d) Benedick and Beatrice.
4. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
(a) Comic Relief.
5. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Not believe the rumor about Hero.
(c) Assist in their plan to help Hero.
(d) Kill Claudio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
2. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
3. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
4. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What is Claudio planning to do at his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
2. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
3. What is the final order that Dogberry gives his night watch before retiring to bed?
4. What does the Friar tell Hero to pretend to do as part of his plan to prove her innocence?
5. What does Balthasar do to mourn Hero's death?
6. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
7. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
8. How does Claudio learn about Hero's innocence?
9. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
10. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)