|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) They are caught red-handed.
(b) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
(c) They turn themselves in.
(d) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
2. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
(a) Claudio's room.
(b) Hero's room.
(c) The church.
(d) The court house.
3. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Let them go free.
(b) Ask them where they are going.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Use force to arrest them.
4. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He is not gifted with words.
(b) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(c) He does not have her love yet.
(d) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
5. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her feelings about Benedick.
(b) Her feelings about Claudio.
(c) Her opinion of her dress.
(d) Her advice for marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
2. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
3. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
4. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
5. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)