|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
(a) They do not need to.
(b) They know each other too well.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They are too sensible.
2. Whom does Claudio read his written statement to after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(a) Hero's family.
(b) The whole town.
(c) His soldiers.
(d) The judge and constable.
3. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
(a) Write down their names.
(b) Arrest them.
(c) Ask them where they are going.
(d) Let them go free.
4. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(c) She faints.
(d) She cries.
5. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
(b) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(c) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
(d) If Hero is a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. What is the name of the constable of Messina?
3. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
4. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
5. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dogberry tell the night watch to do if they see anything of note during the night?
2. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
3. What happens to the main instigator of the plan that got the two suspects in the jail arrested?
4. What question does Dogberry ask Seacoal when choosing him for his night guard?
5. What does the Friar tell Hero to pretend to do as part of his plan to prove her innocence?
6. What question does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding to Hero?
7. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
8. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
9. Who steps up to give witness to the scandalous statement that Claudio makes about Hero at his wedding?
10. What does Claudio promise to do to make recompense for his terrible mistake about Hero's innocence?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)