|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
2. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(a) Don John.
4. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His lack of wealth.
(b) His place in the family.
(c) His hatred of his brother.
(d) His foul humor.
5. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
(a) Marry Beatrice.
(b) Serve his duty more fully.
(c) Fetch a doctor for Beatrice.
(d) Inform Claudio of his pending inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
2. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
3. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
4. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
5. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
2. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
3. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
4. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
5. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
6. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
7. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
8. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
9. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
10. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)