|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) When he plans to return to his own home.
(b) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
(c) Why he is in a bad mood.
(d) What he plans to do.
2. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
3. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) The colors of Italy.
(b) A mask.
(c) Fine Italian leather.
(d) A cape.
4. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) Spain's bull fights.
(b) His title of a Prince.
(c) Hero's parentage.
(d) A soldier's loneliness.
5. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He needs his brother's approval.
(b) He may get a higher rank.
(c) It will bring him happiness.
(d) It will be easier to deceive him later.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
2. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
3. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
4. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
5. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
2. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
3. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
4. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
5. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
6. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
7. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
8. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
9. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
10. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)