|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Destroy her chances with men.
(b) Invite disdain.
(c) Improve her standing with Benedick.
(d) Inflate her ego.
2. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
(a) She has been hurt too many times before.
(b) She is nervous and fearful.
(c) She has too much anger in her heart.
(d) She is too disdainful and vain.
3. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
(b) He has a sour air about him.
(c) He is always sick to his stomach.
(d) He watches her throughout the party.
4. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He has no interest in her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He wants Claudio to marry her.
5. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
2. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
3. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
4. What is Don John willing to pay if the plan succeeds?
5. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
2. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
3. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
4. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
5. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
6. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
7. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
8. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
9. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
10. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)