|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A Public hearing.
(b) A feast.
(c) A parade.
(d) A dance.
2. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) She sees Benedick in a new light.
(b) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
(c) Out of pity for him.
(d) Out of hope for a good marriage.
3. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He is coarse and rude to her.
(b) He is overly kind.
(c) He mimics everything she says to him.
(d) He says very little.
4. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero and Beatrice.
(b) Claudio and Benedick.
(c) Claudio and don Pedro.
(d) Leonato and Antonio.
5. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
3. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
4. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
5. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
2. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
3. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
4. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
5. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
6. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
7. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
8. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
9. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
10. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)