|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
(b) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(c) Benedick is to be promoted.
(d) Beatrice has fallen ill.
2. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Cancel his wedding.
(b) Find a mate for Beatrice.
(c) Risk his life to save Leonato.
(d) Banish Margaret.
3. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
(a) Don Juan- Prince of Portugal.
(b) Don Julio- Prince of Barbados.
(c) Don Jon- Prince of Spain.
(d) Don Pedro- Prince of Aragon.
4. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(b) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(c) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
(d) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
5. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(b) Don John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
2. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
3. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
4. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
2. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
3. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
4. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
5. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
6. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
7. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
8. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
9. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
10. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)