|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
2. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is Hero's younger sister.
(b) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(c) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
(d) She is Hero's adopted sister.
3. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Tell Hero.
(b) Write a message to Don Pedro.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Get some real evidence.
4. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A fool.
(b) A clown.
(c) A knave.
(d) A gentleman.
5. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Improve her standing with Benedick.
(b) Destroy her chances with men.
(c) Inflate her ego.
(d) Invite disdain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don John willing to pay if the plan succeeds?
2. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
4. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
5. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
2. What does the Friar tell Hero to pretend to do as part of his plan to prove her innocence?
3. What does Leonato think Claudio means when he first says he does not want to marry Hero during the wedding?
4. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
5. What does Benedick do with the help of Margaret to try and show his love for Beatrice?
6. Who are the unexpected visitors at Leonato's house on the morning of Hero's wedding?
7. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
8. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
9. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
10. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)