|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Speaking without thinking first.
(b) Getting the last word.
(c) Alienating friends.
(d) Making a fool of himself.
2. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their plan to flee the area.
(b) Their failure.
(c) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(d) Their disgust of love.
3. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
(a) He suggests they speak of more manly things than love.
(b) He begs pardon and asks to retire to bed early.
(c) He wishes to speak alone with Leonato.
(d) He asks for some entertainment.
4. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He is overly kind.
(b) He is coarse and rude to her.
(c) He says very little.
(d) He mimics everything she says to him.
5. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Invite disdain.
(b) Improve her standing with Benedick.
(c) Destroy her chances with men.
(d) Inflate her ego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
2. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
3. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
4. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
5. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
2. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
3. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
4. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
5. What do the unexpected visitors to Leonato's house need from him on the morning of Hero's wedding?
6. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
7. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
8. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
9. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
10. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)