|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(b) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(c) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(d) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
3. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
(a) Run away.
(b) Give in to him.
(c) Torment him.
(d) Fool him.
4. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
5. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) Yellow Fever.
(b) An infection.
(c) Unrequited love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
2. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
3. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
4. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
5. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
2. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
3. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
4. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
5. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
6. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
7. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
8. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
9. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
10. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)