|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) She sees Benedick in a new light.
(b) Out of pity for him.
(c) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
(d) Out of hope for a good marriage.
2. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He says very little.
(b) He mimics everything she says to him.
(c) He is overly kind.
(d) He is coarse and rude to her.
3. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
4. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
(a) Inform Claudio of his pending inheritance.
(b) Serve his duty more fully.
(c) Fetch a doctor for Beatrice.
(d) Marry Beatrice.
5. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A year.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
2. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
3. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
4. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
5. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
2. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
3. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
4. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
5. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
6. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
7. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
8. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
9. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
10. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)