|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her kinsman.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her enemy.
2. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He may get a higher rank.
(b) He needs his brother's approval.
(c) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(d) It will bring him happiness.
3. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(b) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(c) He has no interest in her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
4. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A quick wit.
(b) A lofty view.
(c) A hard heart.
(d) A sharp tongue.
5. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero's heart.
(d) Higher ranking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
2. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
3. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
4. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
5. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
2. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
3. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
4. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
5. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
6. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
7. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
8. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
9. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
10. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)