|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
(a) His joy.
(b) His misery.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His pride.
2. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
3. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(c) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(d) He has no interest in her.
4. What is Don John willing to pay if the plan succeeds?
(a) 100 Ducats.
(b) 10 Ducats.
(c) 10,000 Ducats.
(d) 1,000 Ducats.
5. Where does the surprise visitor say Claudio can find evidence of his shocking news?
(a) Hero's bedroom window.
(b) Beatrice's room.
(c) The main hall of Leonato's estate.
(d) The orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
2. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
3. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
4. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
5. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
2. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
3. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
4. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
5. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
6. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
7. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
8. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
9. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
10. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)