|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
(a) He wants to eaves drop on their conversation.
(b) He is afraid they will ask him to help with something.
(c) He is supposed to be working somewhere else right then.
(d) He knows Don Pedro is upset with him.
2. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Don Pedro.
3. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
4. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(d) Air Sweetener.
5. Which of these is something that is NOT listed in Benedick's soliloquy about the perfect woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Hero?
2. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
3. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
4. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
5. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
2. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
3. What does Benedick say a woman has to have in order to induce him to marry her?
4. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
5. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
6. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
7. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
8. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
9. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
10. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)