|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Alienating friends.
(b) Speaking without thinking first.
(c) Making a fool of himself.
(d) Getting the last word.
2. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A fool.
(b) A knave.
(c) A clown.
(d) A gentleman.
3. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(b) Don John.
4. Who wants to marry Hero?
(a) Don John.
(b) Don Pedro.
5. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Put her in prison.
(b) Break her heart.
(c) Ruin her reputation.
(d) Show her true nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
2. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
3. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
4. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
2. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
3. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
4. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
5. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
6. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
7. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
8. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
9. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
10. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)