|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
2. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
3. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
4. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) The very next day.
(b) The night after their wedding.
(c) The day of the wedding.
(d) The night before their wedding.
5. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Write a message to Don Pedro.
(b) Tell Hero.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Get some real evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
2. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
4. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
5. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
2. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
3. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
4. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
5. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
6. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
7. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
8. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
9. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
10. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)