|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If he has had news about his enemies.
(b) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
(c) If he needs money.
(d) If Hero is his daughter.
2. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(c) He has no interest in her.
(d) He wants Claudio to marry her.
3. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
(a) She did not know people though ill of her.
(b) She wants to prove Hero wrong.
(c) She learned about herself.
(d) She is now in love with Benedick..
4. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
5. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
(c) Don John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
2. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
3. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
4. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
5. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
2. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
3. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
4. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
5. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
6. What does Leonato tell his unexpected visitors to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
7. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
8. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
9. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
10. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)