|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Don Pedro.
2. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
(a) She is now in love with Benedick..
(b) She learned about herself.
(c) She wants to prove Hero wrong.
(d) She did not know people though ill of her.
3. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
(a) Don Pedro's fine words and Claudio's youth.
(b) Don Pedro's money and Leonato's love.
(c) Don John's quietness and Benedick's wit.
(d) Claudio's looks and Benedick's energy.
4. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) The colors of Italy.
(b) A cape.
(c) A mask.
(d) Fine Italian leather.
5. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) A soldier's loneliness.
(b) Hero's parentage.
(c) Spain's bull fights.
(d) His title of a Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
2. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
3. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
4. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
5. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
2. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
3. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
4. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
5. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
6. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
7. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
8. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
9. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
10. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)