|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(b) The food would be poisoned.
(c) A large fight would break out.
(d) The wine would be too strong.
2. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
(a) Their beards.
(b) Their massive hands.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their eyes.
3. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
(a) Don John.
4. Who wants to marry Hero?
(b) Don John.
(c) Don Pedro.
5. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their disgust of love.
(b) Their plan to flee the area.
(c) Their failure.
(d) Their jealousy of their happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
2. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
3. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
4. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
5. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
2. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
3. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
4. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
5. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
6. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
7. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
8. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
9. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
10. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)