|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
2. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His apathetic demeanor.
(b) His ability to manipulate others.
(c) His nastiness.
(d) His cunning.
3. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His hatred of his brother.
(b) His place in the family.
(c) His foul humor.
(d) His lack of wealth.
4. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
(a) A pen and some paper.
(b) His hat.
(c) His pipe.
(d) A book.
5. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(b) She is Hero's adopted sister.
(c) She is Hero's younger sister.
(d) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
2. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
3. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
4. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
5. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
2. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
3. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
4. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
5. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
6. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
7. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
8. Who proposes marriage to Beatrice during the feast?
9. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
10. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)