|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
2. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
(d) They are brothers.
3. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) His title of a Prince.
(b) Hero's parentage.
(c) A soldier's loneliness.
(d) Spain's bull fights.
4. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
(a) Serve his duty more fully.
(b) Marry Beatrice.
(c) Fetch a doctor for Beatrice.
(d) Inform Claudio of his pending inheritance.
5. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Invite disdain.
(b) Inflate her ego.
(c) Improve her standing with Benedick.
(d) Destroy her chances with men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
2. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
4. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
5. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
2. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
3. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
4. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
5. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
6. Who does Antonio think intends to pursue Hero as a love interest?
7. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
8. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
9. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
10. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)