|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Put her in prison.
(b) Break her heart.
(c) Ruin her reputation.
(d) Show her true nature.
2. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Get some real evidence.
(b) Keep it a secret.
(c) Tell Hero.
(d) Write a message to Don Pedro.
3. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) It will bring him happiness.
(b) He may get a higher rank.
(c) He needs his brother's approval.
(d) It will be easier to deceive him later.
4. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) A servant.
5. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(a) Air Sweetener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
2. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
5. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
2. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
3. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
4. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
5. What news does Don John bring to Claudio and Don Pedro in the garden after they play their trick on Benedick?
6. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
7. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
8. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
9. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
10. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)