|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
2. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Destroy her chances with men.
(b) Invite disdain.
(c) Inflate her ego.
(d) Improve her standing with Benedick.
4. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Banish Margaret.
(b) Find a mate for Beatrice.
(c) Cancel his wedding.
(d) Risk his life to save Leonato.
5. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His foul humor.
(b) His lack of wealth.
(c) His hatred of his brother.
(d) His place in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
2. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
3. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
4. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
5. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
2. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
3. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
4. What does Leonato say about Benedick when he meets Benedick in the garden?
5. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
6. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
7. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
8. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
9. What does Leonato urge Beatrice to do after she asks about Benedick in the recent battle?
10. What does Borachio plan to ask Margaret after the party at Leonato's house?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)