|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A dance.
(b) A feast.
(c) A parade.
(d) A Public hearing.
2. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
(a) He knows Don Pedro is upset with him.
(b) He is supposed to be working somewhere else right then.
(c) He is afraid they will ask him to help with something.
(d) He wants to eaves drop on their conversation.
3. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
(a) He suggests they speak of more manly things than love.
(b) He begs pardon and asks to retire to bed early.
(c) He wishes to speak alone with Leonato.
(d) He asks for some entertainment.
4. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(b) She is Hero's younger sister.
(c) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
(d) She is Hero's adopted sister.
5. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
2. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
3. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
4. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
2. What do Ursula and Hero plan to talk about when they know Beatrice is listening?
3. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
4. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
5. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
6. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
7. How does Leonato feel about the prospect of his daughter being wooed when he hears the reports from Antonio?
8. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
9. What does Leonato warn Beatrice will keep her from ever finding a husband?
10. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)