|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(b) Don John.
2. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He may get a higher rank.
(b) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(c) He needs his brother's approval.
(d) It will bring him happiness.
3. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
(b) Don John.
4. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
5. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
(b) Don Pedro's servant.
(c) Don John.
(d) His servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
2. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
4. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
5. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
2. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
3. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
4. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
5. How do Leonato's unexpected visitors feel about what Leonato asks them to do as he leaves to attend his daughter's wedding?
6. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
7. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
8. What does Dogberry tell his men on the night guard to do at the alehouses?
9. What joke does Leonato make when Don Pedro asks about Hero being his daughter?
10. What does Hero say she thinks may happen during her wedding?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)