|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
(a) A book.
(b) His hat.
(c) His pipe.
(d) A pen and some paper.
2. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A servant.
3. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(b) Hero's heart.
(d) Higher ranking.
4. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
(c) Don Pedro.
5. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) Don John's room.
(b) Claudio's room.
(c) Hero's bedroom window.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
2. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
3. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
4. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
5. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
2. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
3. Why do Hero and Ursula want Beatrice to hear the lies they are going to tell when they know Beatrice is listening?
4. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
5. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
6. What advice does Beatrice give Hero about accepting Don Pedro's supposed advances?
7. What does Conrade fear might be hurt by Don John's miserable nature?
8. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
9. Why do Don Pedro and Claudio continue to talk when they know that Benedick is listening to them?
10. What does Benedick think about while his servant is fetching his book?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)