|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
2. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
(a) He needs rest.
(b) He needs a raise and promotion.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He is bad company.
3. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) When he plans to return to his own home.
(b) What he plans to do.
(c) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
(d) Why he is in a bad mood.
4. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A sharp tongue.
(b) A quick wit.
(c) A lofty view.
(d) A hard heart.
5. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A Public hearing.
(b) A dance.
(c) A parade.
(d) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
2. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
3. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
4. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
5. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick cannot use the traditional form of wooing?
2. Why is Don John so eager to punish Claudio in particular?
3. What does Hero say Beatrice uses to destroy every man who is interested in her?
4. Who or what does Margaret praise on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What does Claudio think Hero has died of?
6. What is Benedick's excuse for his odd behavior when he meets with Leonato in the garden?
7. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
8. What does Beatrice vow to do after Hero and Ursula leave after their conversation in the orchard?
9. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
10. What does one of the arrested men call Dogberry and Verges after their interrogation is complete?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)