|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero's heart.
(d) Higher ranking.
2. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Benedick is to be promoted.
(b) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(c) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(d) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
3. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Speaking without thinking first.
(b) Making a fool of himself.
(c) Alienating friends.
(d) Getting the last word.
4. What is Don John willing to pay if the plan succeeds?
(a) 10,000 Ducats.
(b) 10 Ducats.
(c) 100 Ducats.
(d) 1,000 Ducats.
5. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
(a) Their beards.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their massive hands.
(d) Their clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
4. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
5. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Claudio and Don Pedro talk about while Benedick is eavesdropping on their conversation in the orchard?
2. What do Don John and his two men discuss just after the engagement of Hero and Claudio is announced?
3. Where does Antonio get his mistaken news about who will be pursuing Hero as a love interest?
4. What does Don John offer his men if a new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
5. What does Benedick say about Hero when Claudio tells him that he has fallen in love with her?
6. What does Claudio say he will do if the news Don John brought him turns out to be true?
7. What does Don John say is the cure for his ill humor?
8. How does Beatrice say she knows Benedick's tricks in the first scene?
9. What does Don John say his real goal in life is?
10. What does Borachio say after the party at Leonato's house that gets Don John very excited?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)