|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
(b) If Hero is a virgin.
(c) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(d) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
2. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(b) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
(c) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
(d) Claudio saw her.
3. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Two men have been arrested.
(b) He is needed at the church immediately.
(c) Hero is ill.
(d) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
4. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He has been challenged to a dual.
(b) He has left town.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He is being held at Leonato's house.
5. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) A written admission of her impurity.
(b) Her love for eternity.
(c) A large sum of money as a dowry.
(d) Her undying fidelity.
6. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Not snore.
(b) Take turns.
(c) Find a replacement.
(d) Not get their spears stolen.
7. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Don John and Don Pedro.
(b) Borachio and Conrade.
(c) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(d) Benedick and Beatrice.
8. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He does not have her love yet.
(b) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
(c) He is not gifted with words.
(d) He must choose between his friend and his love.
9. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
(a) The church.
(b) The orchard.
(c) Leonato's house.
(d) The jail.
10. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) A blathering fool.
(c) A knave and a half.
(d) An ass.
11. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
(a) He feels very fondly towards the sexton.
(b) He feels that he should have accompanied the sexton.
(c) He wants a transcript of the dialogue from Conrade.
(d) He wants a witness to the disrespect shown him.
12. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
(a) The sexton.
13. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her advice for marriage.
(b) Her feelings about Claudio.
(c) Her feelings about Benedick.
(d) Her opinion of her dress.
14. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
(a) Courtship and marriage.
(b) Benedick's duel with Claudio.
(c) Hero's innocence.
15. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Write down their names.
(b) Use force to arrest them.
(c) Let them go free.
(d) Ask them where they are going.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the constable of Messina choose as his assistant constable?
2. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
3. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
4. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
5. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)