|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The church.
(b) The orchard.
(c) Hero's tomb.
(d) The town square of Messina.
2. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
(c) Every 5 years.
(d) Every other year.
3. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) Friar Francis.
(c) Don John.
4. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Let them go free.
(b) Write down their names.
(c) Use force to arrest them.
(d) Ask them where they are going.
5. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He hoped to be able to attend the wedding as well.
(b) He wishes Leonato had taken him more seriously.
(c) He must be very careful in his examination.
(d) He is honored in his new duty.
6. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) An ass.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) A coxcomb.
(d) A blathering fool.
7. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(a) The sexton.
8. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
(b) He is needed at the church immediately.
(c) Hero is ill.
(d) Two men have been arrested.
9. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He has been challenged to a dual.
(b) He has been arrested.
(c) He is being held at Leonato's house.
(d) He has left town.
10. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
(a) She will get pregnant.
(b) Disaster will strike.
(c) She will faint.
(d) Claudio will not accept her.
11. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
(a) Leonato's house.
(b) The church.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The jail.
12. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(b) Don Pedro.
13. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
(a) They should let them go as thieves are not harming anyone.
(b) Honest men should never be associated with deceivers.
(c) They should follow thieves to where their loot is hidden.
(d) They should pay attention to more dangerous men.
14. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Writing a song for Beatrice.
(b) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(c) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
(d) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
15. How much money did Borachio receive for his part in the plat to dishonor Hero?
(a) 1,000 ducats.
(b) 5,000 ducats.
(c) 100, ducats.
(d) 500 ducats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
2. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
3. Whom does Claudio read his written statement to after hearing about Hero's innocence?
4. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
5. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)