|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(a) Don Pedro.
2. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(b) He does not have her love yet.
(c) He is not gifted with words.
(d) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
3. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her advice for marriage.
(b) Her opinion of her dress.
(c) Her feelings about Benedick.
(d) Her feelings about Claudio.
4. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
(a) Benedick's duel with Claudio.
(b) Courtship and marriage.
(d) Hero's innocence.
5. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
6. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Being nervous.
(b) Being sad.
(c) Her wedding night.
(d) Her youth.
7. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(c) The sexton.
8. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(b) Don John.
(c) Don Pedro.
9. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) The night watch.
10. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) Claudio saw her.
(b) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
(c) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
(d) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
11. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
(a) The sexton.
12. Who does the constable of Messina choose as his assistant constable?
13. Whom does Claudio read his written statement to after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(a) Hero's family.
(b) His soldiers.
(c) The whole town.
(d) The judge and constable.
14. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Choose a gown.
(b) Write her vows.
(c) Calm her nerves.
(d) Adorn her hair.
15. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) She feels the need to prove her uncle wrong about her character.
(b) She sees how happy Hero is.
(c) She has loving feelings for Benedick.
(d) She realized she is getting older.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudio planning to do at his wedding?
2. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
3. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
4. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
5. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)