|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Borachio and Conrade.
(b) Benedick and Beatrice.
(c) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(d) Don John and Don Pedro.
2. Whom does Claudio read his written statement to after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(a) His soldiers.
(b) Hero's family.
(c) The whole town.
(d) The judge and constable.
3. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He has left town.
(b) He is being held at Leonato's house.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He has been challenged to a dual.
4. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
(a) They should follow thieves to where their loot is hidden.
(b) They should pay attention to more dangerous men.
(c) They should let them go as thieves are not harming anyone.
(d) Honest men should never be associated with deceivers.
5. How much money did Borachio receive for his part in the plat to dishonor Hero?
(a) 500 ducats.
(b) 100, ducats.
(c) 1,000 ducats.
(d) 5,000 ducats.
6. What is Leonato summoned to do just before he leaves to Hero's wedding?
(a) To settle a dispute.
(b) To calm his daughter's nerves.
(c) To do an interrogation.
(d) To arrange the dowry for Hero.
7. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) An ass.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) A coxcomb.
(d) A blathering fool.
8. What is the name of the constable of Messina?
9. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
(c) The sexton.
10. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
11. What is the final order given to the night watch from the constable of Messina?
(a) Listen for crying children.
(b) Avoid all forms of alcohol.
(c) Check the locks on all houses.
(d) Watch for lone women on the road.
12. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been disowned by her father.
(b) She has been banished.
(c) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(d) She has died.
13. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(b) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
(c) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
(d) If Hero is a virgin.
14. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
(a) Force the owners to close it.
(b) Ask the owner which of the patrons need extra attention.
(c) Send the drunks home.
(d) Get him a drink.
15. What is the first question that the constable of Messina asks his new assistant constable?
(a) If he knows the people of the town.
(b) If he has ever broken the law.
(c) If he is from Messina.
(d) If he can read or right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
2. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
3. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
4. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
5. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)