|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(a) Don Pedro.
2. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her advice for marriage.
(b) Her feelings about Claudio.
(c) Her opinion of her dress.
(d) Her feelings about Benedick.
3. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
(c) Comic Relief.
4. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
5. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(a) Don John.
(b) Friar Francis.
(d) Don Pedro.
6. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Benedick and Beatrice.
(b) Borachio and Conrade.
(c) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(d) Don John and Don Pedro.
7. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
(a) A life history.
(b) An apology.
(c) A dedication.
(d) An epitaph.
8. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Write down their names.
(b) Let them go free.
(c) Use force to arrest them.
(d) Ask them where they are going.
9. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Writing a song for Beatrice.
(b) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(c) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(d) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
10. Where does most of Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The orchard.
(b) Hero's bedroom.
(c) Leonato's Main Hall.
(d) The town square of Messina.
11. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
(a) Assist in their plan to help Hero.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill Claudio.
(d) Not believe the rumor about Hero.
12. Who comes to Leonato's house the morning of Hero's wedding?
(c) Don John.
13. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Her fainting.
(c) Her blushes.
(d) Her confusion.
14. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Hero's tomb.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The town square of Messina.
(d) The church.
15. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Find a replacement.
(b) Not get their spears stolen.
(c) Take turns.
(d) Not snore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
2. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
3. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
4. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
5. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)