Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
(a) Write down their names.
(b) Arrest them.
(c) Ask them where they are going.
(d) Let them go free.
2. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has died.
(b) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(c) She has been disowned by her father.
(d) She has been banished.
3. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
(b) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
(c) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(d) If Hero is a virgin.
4. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) He is housing royalty at the moment.
(b) Hero's wedding is the next day.
(c) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
(d) He is the governor.
5. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
(a) Hero's room.
(b) The court house.
(c) Claudio's room.
(d) The church.
6. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(d) She faints.
7. What is the final order given to the night watch from the constable of Messina?
(a) Avoid all forms of alcohol.
(b) Watch for lone women on the road.
(c) Listen for crying children.
(d) Check the locks on all houses.
8. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) Don John.
9. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(b) Don John.
(c) Friar Francis.
(d) Don Pedro.
10. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Borachio and Conrade.
(b) Benedick and Beatrice.
(c) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(d) Don John and Don Pedro.
11. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Being nervous.
(c) Being sad.
(d) Her wedding night.
12. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
(b) Hero's innocence.
(c) Benedick's duel with Claudio.
(d) Courtship and marriage.
13. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(b) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
(c) Claudio saw her.
(d) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
14. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(d) Don Pedro.
15. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
(b) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(c) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(d) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
2. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
3. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
4. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)