|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He will not fight an old man.
(b) He loves Leonato too much to hurt him.
(c) He is in too much of a hurry to take time for a dual.
(d) He will not fight 2 duals in a day.
2. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Her blushes.
(c) Her confusion.
(d) Her fainting.
3. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
(a) They are readying themselves to leave.
(b) They want to hear his jokes.
(c) They are writing a public denouncement of Hero.
(d) They need some comforting speech from him.
4. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) Claudio saw her.
(b) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(c) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
(d) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
5. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She cries.
(c) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(d) She faints.
6. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Adorn her hair.
(b) Choose a gown.
(c) Calm her nerves.
(d) Write her vows.
7. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
(a) Force the owners to close it.
(b) Ask the owner which of the patrons need extra attention.
(c) Send the drunks home.
(d) Get him a drink.
8. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
(a) They know each other too well.
(b) They do not need to.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They are too sensible.
9. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
(a) An apology.
(b) A dedication.
(c) An epitaph.
(d) A life history.
10. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
(d) Comic Relief.
11. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) Her undying fidelity.
(b) A written admission of her impurity.
(c) Her love for eternity.
(d) A large sum of money as a dowry.
12. Where does most of Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Leonato's Main Hall.
(b) The orchard.
(c) Hero's bedroom.
(d) The town square of Messina.
13. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
14. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) The night watch.
15. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
(a) Every 5 years.
(c) Every other year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
2. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
3. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
4. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
5. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)