Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) They are caught red-handed.
(b) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
(c) They turn themselves in.
(d) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
2. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
(a) Claudio's room.
(b) Hero's room.
(c) The church.
(d) The court house.
3. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Let them go free.
(b) Ask them where they are going.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Use force to arrest them.
4. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He is not gifted with words.
(b) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(c) He does not have her love yet.
(d) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
5. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her feelings about Benedick.
(b) Her feelings about Claudio.
(c) Her opinion of her dress.
(d) Her advice for marriage.
6. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(a) Don Pedro.
7. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
(a) They need some comforting speech from him.
(b) They are readying themselves to leave.
(c) They want to hear his jokes.
(d) They are writing a public denouncement of Hero.
8. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) An ass.
(d) A blathering fool.
9. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Not snore.
(b) Not get their spears stolen.
(c) Take turns.
(d) Find a replacement.
10. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He will not fight an old man.
(b) He loves Leonato too much to hurt him.
(c) He will not fight 2 duals in a day.
(d) He is in too much of a hurry to take time for a dual.
11. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
12. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) Her undying fidelity.
(b) Her love for eternity.
(c) A large sum of money as a dowry.
(d) A written admission of her impurity.
13. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
(d) Comic Relief.
14. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
(a) The church.
(b) The jail.
(c) Leonato's house.
(d) The town square of Messina.
15. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
(a) Asking the Friar for forgiveness.
(b) Finding other amusement.
(c) Talking with Hero alone.
(d) Communicating his thoughts and feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
2. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
3. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
4. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
5. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)