|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
(a) Hero has been proven innocent.
(b) Leonato has challenged Claudio to a duel.
(c) Don John has fled the country.
(d) Borachio has been arrested.
2. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
(a) They should pay attention to more dangerous men.
(b) Honest men should never be associated with deceivers.
(c) They should follow thieves to where their loot is hidden.
(d) They should let them go as thieves are not harming anyone.
3. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(b) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
4. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(a) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
5. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) His love for Beatrice.
(c) Hero's innocence.
6. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
(a) Finding other amusement.
(b) Talking with Hero alone.
(c) Asking the Friar for forgiveness.
(d) Communicating his thoughts and feelings.
7. How much money did Borachio receive for his part in the plat to dishonor Hero?
(a) 5,000 ducats.
(b) 1,000 ducats.
(c) 500 ducats.
(d) 100, ducats.
8. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her confusion.
(b) Her tears.
(c) Her fainting.
(d) Her blushes.
9. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Not snore.
(b) Take turns.
(c) Find a replacement.
(d) Not get their spears stolen.
10. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(b) Don Pedro.
11. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Crashing a wedding.
(b) Making him work on a holiday.
(c) Disrespect towards him.
(d) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
12. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) She sees how happy Hero is.
(b) She realized she is getting older.
(c) She feels the need to prove her uncle wrong about her character.
(d) She has loving feelings for Benedick.
13. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her feelings about Claudio.
(b) Her feelings about Benedick.
(c) Her advice for marriage.
(d) Her opinion of her dress.
14. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(b) She has been banished.
(c) She has been disowned by her father.
(d) She has died.
15. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
(a) That she were dead.
(b) That he were dead.
(c) That he had some evidence the rumor is not true.
(d) That he had never met Claudio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
3. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
4. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
5. Who does the constable of Messina choose as his assistant constable?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)