|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Borachio receive for his part in the plat to dishonor Hero?
(a) 1,000 ducats.
(b) 100, ducats.
(c) 5,000 ducats.
(d) 500 ducats.
2. What does Margaret make special mention of to Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Claudio's fickleness.
(b) Her night with Borachio.
(c) Benedick's new behavior.
(d) Beatrice's spinster reputation.
3. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
4. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Write her vows.
(b) Calm her nerves.
(c) Choose a gown.
(d) Adorn her hair.
5. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) His love for Beatrice.
(b) Hero's innocence.
6. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(b) If Hero is a virgin.
(c) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
(d) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
7. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) An ass.
(b) A blathering fool.
(c) A coxcomb.
(d) A knave and a half.
8. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) She sees how happy Hero is.
(b) She feels the need to prove her uncle wrong about her character.
(c) She has loving feelings for Benedick.
(d) She realized she is getting older.
9. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
(a) Borachio has been arrested.
(b) Hero has been proven innocent.
(c) Don John has fled the country.
(d) Leonato has challenged Claudio to a duel.
10. Who wakes up Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
11. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
(a) They should let them go as thieves are not harming anyone.
(b) Honest men should never be associated with deceivers.
(c) They should pay attention to more dangerous men.
(d) They should follow thieves to where their loot is hidden.
12. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) An ass.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) A blathering fool.
(d) A coxcomb.
13. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
(a) Ask them where they are going.
(b) Arrest them.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Let them go free.
14. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He is needed at the church immediately.
(b) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
(c) Hero is ill.
(d) Two men have been arrested.
15. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Crashing a wedding.
(b) Disrespect towards him.
(c) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
(d) Making him work on a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
2. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
3. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
4. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
5. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)