|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(b) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(c) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(d) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
2. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Disrespect towards him.
(b) Making him work on a holiday.
(c) Crashing a wedding.
(d) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
3. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Take turns.
(b) Not snore.
(c) Not get their spears stolen.
(d) Find a replacement.
4. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) She realized she is getting older.
(b) She has loving feelings for Benedick.
(c) She feels the need to prove her uncle wrong about her character.
(d) She sees how happy Hero is.
5. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She runs away.
6. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is in too much of a hurry to take time for a dual.
(b) He loves Leonato too much to hurt him.
(c) He will not fight 2 duals in a day.
(d) He will not fight an old man.
7. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(b) The sexton.
8. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
(a) Every other year.
(b) Every 5 years.
9. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
(a) They want to hear his jokes.
(b) They are readying themselves to leave.
(c) They need some comforting speech from him.
(d) They are writing a public denouncement of Hero.
10. What is the name of the constable of Messina?
11. What does Margaret make special mention of to Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Beatrice's spinster reputation.
(b) Claudio's fickleness.
(c) Her night with Borachio.
(d) Benedick's new behavior.
12. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
13. What is the first question that the constable of Messina asks his new assistant constable?
(a) If he has ever broken the law.
(b) If he is from Messina.
(c) If he can read or right.
(d) If he knows the people of the town.
14. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
(b) Claudio saw her.
(c) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(d) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
15. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
(a) The town square of Messina.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The church.
(d) The jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
3. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
4. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
5. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)