|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
(a) Kill Claudio.
(b) Not believe the rumor about Hero.
(c) Assist in their plan to help Hero.
(d) Marry her.
2. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(a) Don John.
(b) Don Pedro.
(d) Friar Francis.
3. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(b) Don John and Don Pedro.
(c) Borachio and Conrade.
(d) Benedick and Beatrice.
4. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
(a) Honest men should never be associated with deceivers.
(b) They should let them go as thieves are not harming anyone.
(c) They should follow thieves to where their loot is hidden.
(d) They should pay attention to more dangerous men.
5. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She runs away.
6. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
(a) Leonato has challenged Claudio to a duel.
(b) Hero has been proven innocent.
(c) Borachio has been arrested.
(d) Don John has fled the country.
7. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
(a) The noisy night-guard.
(b) Nervousness for Hero.
(c) Thoughts of Benedick.
(d) A wounded animal outside her window.
8. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Don Pedro.
9. Where does most of Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Hero's bedroom.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The town square of Messina.
(d) Leonato's Main Hall.
10. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Ask them where they are going.
(b) Use force to arrest them.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Let them go free.
11. What does Margaret make special mention of to Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Benedick's new behavior.
(b) Her night with Borachio.
(c) Claudio's fickleness.
(d) Beatrice's spinster reputation.
12. What is Claudio planning to do at his wedding?
(a) Shame Hero.
(b) Question Leonato about his daughter's whereabouts the night before.
(c) Not show up.
(d) Marry his love.
13. Who wakes up Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
14. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
(d) The sexton.
15. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He does not have her love yet.
(b) He is not gifted with words.
(c) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(d) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
2. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
3. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
4. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)