|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her blushes.
(b) Her fainting.
(c) Her confusion.
(d) Her tears.
2. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
3. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Not snore.
(b) Not get their spears stolen.
(c) Take turns.
(d) Find a replacement.
4. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He has been challenged to a dual.
(b) He is being held at Leonato's house.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He has left town.
5. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
(a) The jail.
(b) Leonato's house.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The church.
6. What is the final order given to the night watch from the constable of Messina?
(a) Listen for crying children.
(b) Watch for lone women on the road.
(c) Check the locks on all houses.
(d) Avoid all forms of alcohol.
7. What is the first question that the constable of Messina asks his new assistant constable?
(a) If he has ever broken the law.
(b) If he is from Messina.
(c) If he knows the people of the town.
(d) If he can read or right.
8. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Don Pedro.
(c) Don John.
9. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Choose a gown.
(b) Write her vows.
(c) Calm her nerves.
(d) Adorn her hair.
10. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
(d) Friar Frances.
11. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her wedding night.
(c) Being sad.
(d) Being nervous.
12. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
13. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Let them go free.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Ask them where they are going.
14. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
(d) The sexton.
15. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
(a) That she were dead.
(b) That he were dead.
(c) That he had some evidence the rumor is not true.
(d) That he had never met Claudio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
2. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
4. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
5. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)