|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
(a) They are readying themselves to leave.
(b) They need some comforting speech from him.
(c) They want to hear his jokes.
(d) They are writing a public denouncement of Hero.
2. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(b) Claudio saw her.
(c) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
(d) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
3. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
4. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The orchard.
(b) Hero's tomb.
(c) The town square of Messina.
(d) The church.
5. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He will not fight 2 duals in a day.
(b) He loves Leonato too much to hurt him.
(c) He will not fight an old man.
(d) He is in too much of a hurry to take time for a dual.
6. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
(b) Friar Frances.
7. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
(a) They are too sensible.
(b) They do not need to.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They know each other too well.
8. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(a) Don Pedro.
(c) Friar Francis.
(d) Don John.
9. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
(a) Courtship and marriage.
(c) Benedick's duel with Claudio.
(d) Hero's innocence.
10. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Hero is ill.
(b) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
(c) Two men have been arrested.
(d) He is needed at the church immediately.
11. What is the name of the constable of Messina?
12. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(b) Don Pedro.
(d) The night watch.
13. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(b) She has been disowned by her father.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been banished.
14. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
(a) Get him a drink.
(b) Send the drunks home.
(c) Ask the owner which of the patrons need extra attention.
(d) Force the owners to close it.
15. Who comes to Leonato's house the morning of Hero's wedding?
(b) Don John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is under arrest in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
3. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
4. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
5. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)