|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
(a) He wants a transcript of the dialogue from Conrade.
(b) He feels very fondly towards the sexton.
(c) He feels that he should have accompanied the sexton.
(d) He wants a witness to the disrespect shown him.
2. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
(b) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(c) He is not gifted with words.
(d) He does not have her love yet.
3. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He has left town.
(b) He is being held at Leonato's house.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He has been challenged to a dual.
4. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
(b) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
(c) They turn themselves in.
(d) They are caught red-handed.
5. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) A blathering fool.
(d) An ass.
6. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been disowned by her father.
(b) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been banished.
7. Who comes to Leonato's house the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Don John.
8. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
(a) Communicating his thoughts and feelings.
(b) Finding other amusement.
(c) Talking with Hero alone.
(d) Asking the Friar for forgiveness.
9. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Waking her up too late.
(b) Looking prettier than herself.
(c) Not being attentive enough.
(d) Making off-color remarks.
10. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
(a) Subjects of the prince.
(c) Citizens of Messina.
(d) Anyone within their sight.
11. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(a) Don Pedro.
(c) Don John.
(d) Friar Francis.
12. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
(a) The church.
(b) Hero's room.
(c) Claudio's room.
(d) The court house.
13. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(b) The sexton.
14. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) He is housing royalty at the moment.
(b) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
(c) Hero's wedding is the next day.
(d) He is the governor.
15. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
2. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
3. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
4. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
5. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)