|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
(b) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(c) Writing a song for Beatrice.
(d) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
2. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
(a) Send the drunks home.
(b) Ask the owner which of the patrons need extra attention.
(c) Force the owners to close it.
(d) Get him a drink.
3. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
(b) Hero's wedding is the next day.
(c) He is housing royalty at the moment.
(d) He is the governor.
4. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
(a) An apology.
(b) A dedication.
(c) An epitaph.
(d) A life history.
5. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
(a) Leonato's house.
(b) The jail.
(c) The church.
(d) The orchard.
6. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
(a) The church.
(b) The court house.
(c) Claudio's room.
(d) Hero's room.
7. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(b) Don John.
(c) Friar Francis.
(d) Don Pedro.
8. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
(a) The town square of Messina.
(b) Leonato's house.
(c) The jail.
(d) The church.
9. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Benedick and Beatrice.
(b) Don John and Don Pedro.
(c) Borachio and Conrade.
(d) Friar Francis and Leonato.
10. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
(b) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(c) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(d) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
11. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
(b) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(c) Claudio saw her.
(d) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
12. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(d) The sexton.
13. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
14. What is the first question that the constable of Messina asks his new assistant constable?
(a) If he is from Messina.
(b) If he has ever broken the law.
(c) If he knows the people of the town.
(d) If he can read or right.
15. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(b) Don Pedro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
2. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
3. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
4. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
5. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)