|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(d) Don Pedro.
2. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He must be very careful in his examination.
(b) He hoped to be able to attend the wedding as well.
(c) He wishes Leonato had taken him more seriously.
(d) He is honored in his new duty.
3. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
(a) They are readying themselves to leave.
(b) They are writing a public denouncement of Hero.
(c) They need some comforting speech from him.
(d) They want to hear his jokes.
4. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
5. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
(a) Get him a drink.
(b) Ask the owner which of the patrons need extra attention.
(c) Force the owners to close it.
(d) Send the drunks home.
6. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She cries.
(d) She faints.
7. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Making off-color remarks.
(b) Looking prettier than herself.
(c) Waking her up too late.
(d) Not being attentive enough.
8. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) Her love for eternity.
(b) A written admission of her impurity.
(c) Her undying fidelity.
(d) A large sum of money as a dowry.
9. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
(a) Hero has been proven innocent.
(b) Leonato has challenged Claudio to a duel.
(c) Don John has fled the country.
(d) Borachio has been arrested.
10. What does Don Pedro tell Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is wrong to believe Hero's innocence.
(b) He regrets that their friendship must now end.
(c) He is right to feel so protective of his daughter.
(d) He is a good father.
11. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(b) Writing a song for Beatrice.
(c) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(d) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
12. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
(a) Friar Francis.
(b) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
13. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
(a) The town square of Messina.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The church.
(d) The jail.
14. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
(c) The sexton.
15. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
(b) The constable.
(c) The prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
3. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
4. Who comes to Leonato's house the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)