|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He hoped to be able to attend the wedding as well.
(b) He must be very careful in his examination.
(c) He wishes Leonato had taken him more seriously.
(d) He is honored in his new duty.
2. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
(b) The sexton.
3. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
(a) Every 5 years.
(d) Every other year.
4. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
(a) Hero's room.
(b) The church.
(c) Claudio's room.
(d) The court house.
5. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
(a) That he had never met Claudio.
(b) That he were dead.
(c) That she were dead.
(d) That he had some evidence the rumor is not true.
6. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He is being held at Leonato's house.
(b) He has been challenged to a dual.
(c) He has left town.
(d) He has been arrested.
7. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Two men have been arrested.
(b) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
(c) He is needed at the church immediately.
(d) Hero is ill.
8. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(b) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
(c) He is not gifted with words.
(d) He does not have her love yet.
9. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(b) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(c) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
(d) Writing a song for Beatrice.
10. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
11. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(b) Don Pedro.
12. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Crashing a wedding.
(b) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
(c) Making him work on a holiday.
(d) Disrespect towards him.
13. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
(a) Kill Claudio.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Not believe the rumor about Hero.
(d) Assist in their plan to help Hero.
14. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Being sad.
(c) Her wedding night.
(d) Being nervous.
15. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) An ass.
(d) A blathering fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
3. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
5. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)