|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(b) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
(c) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(d) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
2. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
(a) A dedication.
(b) An epitaph.
(c) An apology.
(d) A life history.
3. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) An ass.
(d) A blathering fool.
4. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
(a) She will get pregnant.
(b) She will faint.
(c) Claudio will not accept her.
(d) Disaster will strike.
5. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He hoped to be able to attend the wedding as well.
(b) He must be very careful in his examination.
(c) He wishes Leonato had taken him more seriously.
(d) He is honored in his new duty.
6. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Her fainting.
(c) Her confusion.
(d) Her blushes.
7. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
(a) Kill Claudio.
(b) Not believe the rumor about Hero.
(c) Assist in their plan to help Hero.
(d) Marry her.
8. Where does most of Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The town square of Messina.
(b) The orchard.
(c) Leonato's Main Hall.
(d) Hero's bedroom.
9. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The town square of Messina.
(c) The jail.
(d) The church.
10. Who does the constable of Messina choose as his assistant constable?
11. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) A written admission of her impurity.
(b) A large sum of money as a dowry.
(c) Her love for eternity.
(d) Her undying fidelity.
12. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
(c) The sexton.
13. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her wedding night.
(c) Being nervous.
(d) Being sad.
14. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
(b) The sexton.
15. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Let them go free.
(b) Ask them where they are going.
(c) Use force to arrest them.
(d) Write down their names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
2. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
3. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
4. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)