|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
2. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has died.
(b) She has been banished.
(c) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(d) She has been disowned by her father.
3. What does Don Pedro tell Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He regrets that their friendship must now end.
(b) He is right to feel so protective of his daughter.
(c) He is a good father.
(d) He is wrong to believe Hero's innocence.
4. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(d) Don Pedro.
5. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
(d) Friar Frances.
6. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Writing a song for Beatrice.
(b) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(c) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(d) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
7. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
(a) Write down their names.
(b) Arrest them.
(c) Let them go free.
(d) Ask them where they are going.
8. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her wedding night.
(c) Being nervous.
(d) Being sad.
9. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
(a) Benedick's duel with Claudio.
(c) Hero's innocence.
(d) Courtship and marriage.
10. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) The night watch.
11. Who wakes up Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
12. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Hero is ill.
(b) Two men have been arrested.
(c) He is needed at the church immediately.
(d) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
13. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) He is housing royalty at the moment.
(b) He is the governor.
(c) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
(d) Hero's wedding is the next day.
14. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
(a) She will get pregnant.
(b) Disaster will strike.
(c) Claudio will not accept her.
(d) She will faint.
15. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(a) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
2. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
3. Where does Act 5, Scene 3 take place?
4. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
5. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)