|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Find a replacement.
(b) Not snore.
(c) Take turns.
(d) Not get their spears stolen.
2. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Disaster will strike.
(b) She will faint.
(c) Claudio will not accept her.
(d) She will get pregnant.
3. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
4. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
(a) Thoughts of Benedick.
(b) A wounded animal outside her window.
(c) The noisy night-guard.
(d) Nervousness for Hero.
5. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A knave and a half.
(b) A coxcomb.
(c) An ass.
(d) A blathering fool.
6. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
7. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
(c) Friar Frances.
8. Who does the constable of Messina choose as his assistant constable?
9. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
10. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(d) Don Pedro.
11. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(b) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
(c) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(d) Writing a song for Beatrice.
12. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
(a) They do not need to.
(b) They know each other too well.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They are too sensible.
13. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Borachio and Conrade.
(b) Benedick and Beatrice.
(c) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(d) Don John and Don Pedro.
14. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Use force to arrest them.
(b) Let them go free.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Ask them where they are going.
15. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
2. What do Beatrice and Margaret tease Hero about on the morning of her wedding?
3. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
4. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
5. Who is under arrest in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)