|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
(a) Communicating his thoughts and feelings.
(b) Talking with Hero alone.
(c) Asking the Friar for forgiveness.
(d) Finding other amusement.
2. How often does Claudio promise to read the written statement declaring Hero's innocence?
(c) Every other year.
(d) Every 5 years.
3. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been banished.
(b) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been disowned by her father.
4. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) An ass.
(b) A blathering fool.
(c) A coxcomb.
(d) A knave and a half.
5. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(c) The sexton.
6. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) Her undying fidelity.
(b) Her love for eternity.
(c) A large sum of money as a dowry.
(d) A written admission of her impurity.
7. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Let them go free.
(b) Ask them where they are going.
(c) Use force to arrest them.
(d) Write down their names.
8. Who comes to Leonato's house the morning of Hero's wedding?
(b) Don John.
9. What does Claudio ask Leonato during his wedding ceremony?
(a) If he is expected to marry someone so much below himself.
(b) If Leonato is trying to fool him.
(c) If Leonato is aware of his daughter's impurity.
(d) If Hero is a virgin.
10. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) She realized she is getting older.
(b) She has loving feelings for Benedick.
(c) She feels the need to prove her uncle wrong about her character.
(d) She sees how happy Hero is.
11. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
(c) The sexton.
12. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her confusion.
(b) Her blushes.
(c) Her tears.
(d) Her fainting.
13. What does Hero ask Beatrice about when she comes to help Hero get ready for the wedding?
(a) Her opinion of her dress.
(b) Her advice for marriage.
(c) Her feelings about Benedick.
(d) Her feelings about Claudio.
14. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He must be very careful in his examination.
(b) He hoped to be able to attend the wedding as well.
(c) He is honored in his new duty.
(d) He wishes Leonato had taken him more seriously.
15. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
(a) That he had never met Claudio.
(b) That he had some evidence the rumor is not true.
(c) That he were dead.
(d) That she were dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
2. What does Beatrice ask of Benedick when they are alone in the church after Hero's wedding?
3. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
4. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
5. Who does the constable of Messina choose as his assistant constable?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)