|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) Her undying fidelity.
(b) A written admission of her impurity.
(c) A large sum of money as a dowry.
(d) Her love for eternity.
2. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Take turns.
(b) Not get their spears stolen.
(c) Not snore.
(d) Find a replacement.
3. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
(a) The orchard.
(b) Leonato's house.
(c) The jail.
(d) The church.
4. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(d) The sexton.
5. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) An ass.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) A blathering fool.
(d) A coxcomb.
6. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
(a) Hero's innocence.
(c) Benedick's duel with Claudio.
(d) Courtship and marriage.
7. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her fainting.
(b) Her tears.
(c) Her blushes.
(d) Her confusion.
8. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) Hero's wedding is the next day.
(b) He is housing royalty at the moment.
(c) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
(d) He is the governor.
9. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
(a) The jail.
(b) The church.
(c) The town square of Messina.
(d) The courthouse.
10. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Write her vows.
(b) Choose a gown.
(c) Calm her nerves.
(d) Adorn her hair.
11. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(c) Don John.
(d) Don Pedro.
12. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Don John.
(b) Don Pedro.
13. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(b) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(c) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(d) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
14. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
15. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
(a) The town square of Messina.
(b) The jail.
(c) The church.
(d) Leonato's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the main interrogator of Borachio ask to help him?
2. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
3. What is Claudio planning to do at his wedding?
4. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
5. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)