|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is under arrest in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Borachio and Conrade.
(b) Claudio and Benedick.
(c) Don John and Borachio.
(d) Benedick and Don John.
2. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
(a) She faints.
(b) She slaps and spits on Claudio.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She cries.
3. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
4. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
(a) Don Pedro.
5. What does Hero chide Margaret for on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Making off-color remarks.
(b) Not being attentive enough.
(c) Waking her up too late.
(d) Looking prettier than herself.
6. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A blathering fool.
(b) An ass.
(c) A knave and a half.
(d) A coxcomb.
7. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
(a) He can see the guilt in her eyes.
(b) Margaret had heard her in the next room the night before.
(c) She did not stay with Beatrice the night before.
(d) Claudio saw her.
8. Who is the main interrogator of Borachio?
(a) The sexton.
9. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
(a) Honest men should never be associated with deceivers.
(b) They should let them go as thieves are not harming anyone.
(c) They should pay attention to more dangerous men.
(d) They should follow thieves to where their loot is hidden.
10. What does the Friar say proves Hero's innocence concerning the terrible rumor about her?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Her blushes.
(c) Her fainting.
(d) Her confusion.
11. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
12. Where does Leonato go when his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding leaves?
(a) The court house.
(b) The church.
(c) Hero's room.
(d) Claudio's room.
13. What does Don Pedro tell Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is a good father.
(b) He is right to feel so protective of his daughter.
(c) He is wrong to believe Hero's innocence.
(d) He regrets that their friendship must now end.
14. What is Claudio planning to do at his wedding?
(a) Question Leonato about his daughter's whereabouts the night before.
(b) Marry his love.
(c) Shame Hero.
(d) Not show up.
15. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(b) Don Pedro.
(c) Don John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
2. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
3. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
4. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
5. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)