|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
(a) She will faint.
(b) Disaster will strike.
(c) Claudio will not accept her.
(d) She will get pregnant.
2. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(b) Don John.
(c) Don Pedro.
3. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(b) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(c) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
(d) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
4. Who announces the time when Hero must go to the church on the morning of her wedding?
(b) Friar Frances.
5. What does the constable of Messina want his night watch to do at the alehouses?
(a) Ask the owner which of the patrons need extra attention.
(b) Get him a drink.
(c) Force the owners to close it.
(d) Send the drunks home.
6. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
(a) Write her vows.
(b) Calm her nerves.
(c) Choose a gown.
(d) Adorn her hair.
7. What is Claudio planning to do at his wedding?
(a) Not show up.
(b) Question Leonato about his daughter's whereabouts the night before.
(c) Shame Hero.
(d) Marry his love.
8. What is Leonato summoned to do just before he leaves to Hero's wedding?
(a) To settle a dispute.
(b) To calm his daughter's nerves.
(c) To arrange the dowry for Hero.
(d) To do an interrogation.
9. Who is asked to sing a song for Hero's forgiveness?
10. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Disrespect towards him.
(b) Crashing a wedding.
(c) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
(d) Making him work on a holiday.
11. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
(a) The prince.
(c) The constable.
12. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
(a) They do not need to.
(b) They know each other too well.
(c) They are too old.
(d) They are too sensible.
13. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
(b) He is needed at the church immediately.
(c) Hero is ill.
(d) Two men have been arrested.
14. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Don Pedro.
15. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(b) Don Pedro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
2. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
3. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
4. What does Claudio write for Hero after hearing about her innocence?
5. What is Claudio's response when asked if he wants to marry Hero during the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)