|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable tell the night watch to do with vagrants?
(a) Ask them where they are going.
(b) Let them go free.
(c) Write down their names.
(d) Arrest them.
2. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) He is the governor.
(b) Hero's wedding is the next day.
(c) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
(d) He is housing royalty at the moment.
3. What does Don Pedro tell Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is a good father.
(b) He is wrong to believe Hero's innocence.
(c) He is right to feel so protective of his daughter.
(d) He regrets that their friendship must now end.
4. What is the name of the constable of Messina?
5. What does Hero say she thinks may happen on the morning of her wedding?
(a) She will get pregnant.
(b) Disaster will strike.
(c) Claudio will not accept her.
(d) She will faint.
6. What does Claudio demand of Hero during their wedding ceremony?
(a) A large sum of money as a dowry.
(b) A written admission of her impurity.
(c) Her love for eternity.
(d) Her undying fidelity.
7. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
(a) She has been rejected by all worthy men in the country.
(b) She has been banished.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has been disowned by her father.
8. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
(a) The constable.
(c) The prince.
9. Who offers to help Leonato fight Claudio?
10. What is the final order given to the night watch from the constable of Messina?
(a) Avoid all forms of alcohol.
(b) Watch for lone women on the road.
(c) Listen for crying children.
(d) Check the locks on all houses.
11. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) A blathering fool.
(c) A knave and a half.
(d) An ass.
12. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(c) Don Pedro.
13. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
(b) Don Pedro.
(d) Don John.
14. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Making him work on a holiday.
(b) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
(c) Disrespect towards him.
(d) Crashing a wedding.
15. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
(a) Don John has fled the country.
(b) Leonato has challenged Claudio to a duel.
(c) Borachio has been arrested.
(d) Hero has been proven innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
2. How much money did Borachio receive for his part in the plat to dishonor Hero?
3. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
4. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
5. Who wakes up Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)