|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
(a) He is bad company.
(b) He needs a raise and promotion.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He needs rest.
2. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
(a) He shaved his beard.
(b) He is wearing a silly grin.
(c) He is wearing new clothes.
(d) He smells of perfume.
3. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
4. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(b) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He has no interest in her.
5. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Being a diplomat.
(b) Making woman friends.
(c) Wooing a lover.
(d) Being a husband.
6. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
7. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) A large fight would break out.
(b) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(c) The food would be poisoned.
(d) The wine would be too strong.
8. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(b) Their failure.
(c) Their disgust of love.
(d) Their plan to flee the area.
9. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
(a) Her heart is too good.
(b) There are too many good people just like her.
(c) The Devil will reject her.
(d) She will woo St. Peter.
10. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
11. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
12. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(b) An infection.
(c) Yellow Fever.
(d) Unrequited love.
13. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A Public hearing.
(b) A feast.
(c) A dance.
(d) A parade.
14. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
15. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A year.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
2. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
4. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
5. Who wants to marry Hero?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)