Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
2. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(b) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
(c) Being a better soldier than himself.
(d) Being happy.
3. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Alienating friends.
(b) Speaking without thinking first.
(c) Making a fool of himself.
(d) Getting the last word.
4. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is terribly weary.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He has a head ache.
(d) He has a toothache.
5. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
6. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
7. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
(a) She learned about herself.
(b) She is now in love with Benedick..
(c) She did not know people though ill of her.
(d) She wants to prove Hero wrong.
8. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
9. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(b) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He has no interest in her.
10. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
(a) Run away.
(b) Torment him.
(c) Give in to him.
(d) Fool him.
11. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
12. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(b) She is Hero's younger sister.
(c) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
(d) She is Hero's adopted sister.
13. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
(a) She is amused by it.
(b) She is angry about it.
(c) She is happy about it.
(d) She is offended by it.
14. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
15. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
(a) He should have some water and grapes.
(b) It would be out of character for Benedick.
(c) He should go to bed early that night.
(d) He has always had great oral hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
2. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
4. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
5. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)