|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(b) Higher ranking.
(d) Hero's heart.
2. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(b) Yellow Fever.
(c) An infection.
(d) Unrequited love.
3. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
(b) Don John.
4. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
5. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
6. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) Out of pity for him.
(b) Out of hope for a good marriage.
(c) She sees Benedick in a new light.
(d) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
7. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
8. What shocking news does the surprise visitor bring to the men conversing in the garden?
(a) Beatrice is in love.
(b) Leonato is in danger.
(c) Hero has been unfaithful.
(d) Margaret is betraying Hero.
9. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Money and riches.
(b) Power and esteem.
(c) Hope and faith.
(d) Love and happiness.
10. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She will always believe what hero says.
(b) She is prideful.
(c) She has already seen evidence of it.
(d) She is in love with Benedick already.
11. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
(a) Beatrice is an adopted sister to Hero.
(b) Beatrice is Hero's aunt.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are sisters.
12. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He says very little.
(b) He mimics everything she says to him.
(c) He is coarse and rude to her.
(d) He is overly kind.
13. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A Public hearing.
(b) A dance.
(c) A parade.
(d) A feast.
14. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
15. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(b) Their failure.
(c) Their disgust of love.
(d) Their plan to flee the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
2. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
3. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)