|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A fool.
(c) A clown.
(d) A knave.
2. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her kinsman.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her enemy.
3. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero and Beatrice.
(b) Leonato and Antonio.
(c) Claudio and don Pedro.
(d) Claudio and Benedick.
4. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A quick wit.
(b) A sharp tongue.
(c) A hard heart.
(d) A lofty view.
5. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
6. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
7. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
(a) He wishes to speak alone with Leonato.
(b) He suggests they speak of more manly things than love.
(c) He asks for some entertainment.
(d) He begs pardon and asks to retire to bed early.
8. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) When he plans to return to his own home.
(b) Why he is in a bad mood.
(c) What he plans to do.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
9. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His nastiness.
(b) His apathetic demeanor.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His ability to manipulate others.
10. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
11. What is Don John willing to pay if the plan succeeds?
(a) 100 Ducats.
(b) 10 Ducats.
(c) 1,000 Ducats.
(d) 10,000 Ducats.
12. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
(a) Serve his duty more fully.
(b) Marry Beatrice.
(c) Inform Claudio of his pending inheritance.
(d) Fetch a doctor for Beatrice.
13. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
14. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
15. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero's heart.
(d) Higher ranking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
3. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
4. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
5. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)