|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their plan to flee the area.
(b) Their disgust of love.
(c) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(d) Their failure.
2. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She is in love with Benedick already.
(b) She will always believe what hero says.
(c) She is prideful.
(d) She has already seen evidence of it.
3. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
(a) He has always had great oral hygiene.
(b) It would be out of character for Benedick.
(c) He should have some water and grapes.
(d) He should go to bed early that night.
4. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her kinsman.
(b) Her enemy.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her servant.
5. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
(a) His joy.
(b) His cunning.
(c) His pride.
(d) His misery.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
7. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) Why he is in a bad mood.
(b) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
(c) What he plans to do.
(d) When he plans to return to his own home.
8. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) Out of hope for a good marriage.
(b) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
(c) She sees Benedick in a new light.
(d) Out of pity for him.
9. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is terribly weary.
(b) He has a toothache.
(c) He has a head ache.
(d) He is in love.
10. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(c) Air Sweetener.
11. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(b) It will bring him happiness.
(c) He may get a higher rank.
(d) He needs his brother's approval.
12. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Don Pedro.
13. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) A servant.
14. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(b) Benedick is to be promoted.
(c) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
(d) Beatrice has fallen ill.
15. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their massive hands.
(d) Their beards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Margaret related to Hero?
2. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
3. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
4. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
5. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)