|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
(a) He smells of perfume.
(b) He is wearing new clothes.
(c) He is wearing a silly grin.
(d) He shaved his beard.
2. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She is prideful.
(b) She will always believe what hero says.
(c) She has already seen evidence of it.
(d) She is in love with Benedick already.
3. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
4. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He plans to woo her.
(b) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
(c) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
(d) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
5. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
(b) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(c) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
(d) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
6. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He needs his brother's approval.
(b) It will bring him happiness.
(c) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(d) He may get a higher rank.
7. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
8. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He is terribly weary.
(c) He has a head ache.
(d) He has a toothache.
9. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero and Beatrice.
(b) Leonato and Antonio.
(c) Claudio and don Pedro.
(d) Claudio and Benedick.
10. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
(b) Out of pity for him.
(c) Out of hope for a good marriage.
(d) She sees Benedick in a new light.
11. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is happy.
12. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A sharp tongue.
(b) A lofty view.
(c) A quick wit.
(d) A hard heart.
13. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(d) He has no interest in her.
14. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) Beatrice is Hero's aunt.
(c) Beatrice is an adopted sister to Hero.
(d) They are cousins.
15. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Power and esteem.
(b) Love and happiness.
(c) Money and riches.
(d) Hope and faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
2. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
3. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
4. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
5. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)