|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(b) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(c) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(d) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
3. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She will always believe what hero says.
(b) She is prideful.
(c) She is in love with Benedick already.
(d) She has already seen evidence of it.
4. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(d) Don John.
5. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) An infection.
(b) Unrequited love.
(c) Yellow Fever.
6. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
7. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
(a) Don Pedro's money and Leonato's love.
(b) Don John's quietness and Benedick's wit.
(c) Don Pedro's fine words and Claudio's youth.
(d) Claudio's looks and Benedick's energy.
8. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
9. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
10. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) Why he is in a bad mood.
(b) When he plans to return to his own home.
(c) What he plans to do.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
11. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His cunning.
(b) His nastiness.
(c) His ability to manipulate others.
(d) His apathetic demeanor.
12. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He may get a higher rank.
(b) It will bring him happiness.
(c) He needs his brother's approval.
(d) It will be easier to deceive him later.
13. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is unkind.
(b) She has a small bosom.
(c) She is not fair.
(d) She is too short.
14. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Tell Hero.
(b) Keep it a secret.
(c) Get some real evidence.
(d) Write a message to Don Pedro.
15. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their plan to flee the area.
(b) Their failure.
(c) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(d) Their disgust of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
2. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
3. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
4. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
5. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)