|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A knave.
(b) A fool.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A clown.
2. Which of these is something that is NOT listed in Benedick's soliloquy about the perfect woman?
3. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Fabrics of red.
4. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Marry Claudio.
(b) Be herself.
(c) Accept Don Pedro's advances.
(d) Not follow Beatrice's example.
5. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(c) Air Sweetener.
6. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
7. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He is coarse and rude to her.
(b) He is overly kind.
(c) He says very little.
(d) He mimics everything she says to him.
8. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Being a diplomat.
(b) Being a husband.
(c) Making woman friends.
(d) Wooing a lover.
9. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(b) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(c) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
10. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(b) He has no interest in her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
11. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(b) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(c) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
(d) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
12. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
(a) His cunning.
(b) His joy.
(c) His misery.
(d) His pride.
13. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
14. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) A soldier's loneliness.
(b) Hero's parentage.
(c) Spain's bull fights.
(d) His title of a Prince.
15. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His cunning.
(b) His nastiness.
(c) His ability to manipulate others.
(d) His apathetic demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
2. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
3. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
4. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
5. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)