|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
(a) Run away.
(b) Fool him.
(c) Torment him.
(d) Give in to him.
2. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(b) Their disgust of love.
(c) Their plan to flee the area.
(d) Their failure.
3. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
(b) Don Pedro's servant.
(c) His servant.
(d) Don John.
4. What shocking news does the surprise visitor bring to the men conversing in the garden?
(a) Beatrice is in love.
(b) Margaret is betraying Hero.
(c) Leonato is in danger.
(d) Hero has been unfaithful.
5. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
6. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
(a) He wishes to speak alone with Leonato.
(b) He suggests they speak of more manly things than love.
(c) He begs pardon and asks to retire to bed early.
(d) He asks for some entertainment.
7. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A year.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
8. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) The night after their wedding.
(b) The day of the wedding.
(c) The very next day.
(d) The night before their wedding.
9. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
(a) She has been hurt too many times before.
(b) She has too much anger in her heart.
(c) She is nervous and fearful.
(d) She is too disdainful and vain.
10. Who wants to marry Hero?
(c) Don John.
(d) Don Pedro.
11. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Write a message to Don Pedro.
(b) Keep it a secret.
(c) Tell Hero.
(d) Get some real evidence.
12. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
13. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
(a) A cage of narcissism.
(b) A net of love.
(c) A snare of hope.
(d) A trap of flattery.
14. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Inflate her ego.
(b) Improve her standing with Benedick.
(c) Destroy her chances with men.
(d) Invite disdain.
15. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A quick wit.
(b) A sharp tongue.
(c) A hard heart.
(d) A lofty view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
2. Which of these is something that is NOT listed in Benedick's soliloquy about the perfect woman?
3. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)