|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He needs a raise and promotion.
(c) He needs rest.
(d) He is bad company.
2. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) The wine would be too strong.
(b) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(c) A large fight would break out.
(d) The food would be poisoned.
3. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He is terribly weary.
(c) He has a toothache.
(d) He has a head ache.
4. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A dance.
(b) A Public hearing.
(c) A parade.
(d) A feast.
5. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are close friends.
(d) They are brothers.
6. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) Unrequited love.
(c) Yellow Fever.
(d) An infection.
7. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(d) He has no interest in her.
8. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
(a) Her heart is too good.
(b) There are too many good people just like her.
(c) She will woo St. Peter.
(d) The Devil will reject her.
9. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Being a better soldier than himself.
(b) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(c) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
(d) Being happy.
10. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Claudio and Benedick.
(b) Claudio and don Pedro.
(c) Hero and Beatrice.
(d) Leonato and Antonio.
11. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His lack of wealth.
(b) His foul humor.
(c) His place in the family.
(d) His hatred of his brother.
12. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He is always sick to his stomach.
(b) He watches her throughout the party.
(c) He has a sour air about him.
(d) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
13. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
(a) She tells him it is time for dinner.
(b) She asks for his pardon for her earlier bad behavior.
(c) She mocks his clothing.
(d) She asks him when he is to leave Messina.
14. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) Out of hope for a good marriage.
(b) Out of pity for him.
(c) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
(d) She sees Benedick in a new light.
15. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(a) Air Sweetener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
2. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
3. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
4. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
5. What is Don John willing to pay if the plan succeeds?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)