|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
(b) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
(c) He plans to woo her.
(d) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
2. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(b) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
(c) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(d) Benedick is to be promoted.
3. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(b) Being a better soldier than himself.
(c) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
(d) Being happy.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) Don Pedro.
5. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero and Beatrice.
(b) Claudio and Benedick.
(c) Claudio and don Pedro.
(d) Leonato and Antonio.
6. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
7. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Speaking without thinking first.
(b) Alienating friends.
(c) Getting the last word.
(d) Making a fool of himself.
8. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is happy.
9. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
(a) He is afraid they will ask him to help with something.
(b) He is supposed to be working somewhere else right then.
(c) He knows Don Pedro is upset with him.
(d) He wants to eaves drop on their conversation.
10. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Risk his life to save Leonato.
(b) Banish Margaret.
(c) Cancel his wedding.
(d) Find a mate for Beatrice.
11. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Not follow Beatrice's example.
(b) Accept Don Pedro's advances.
(c) Marry Claudio.
(d) Be herself.
12. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(b) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
(c) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(d) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
13. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
14. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
15. What shocking news does the surprise visitor bring to the men conversing in the garden?
(a) Hero has been unfaithful.
(b) Beatrice is in love.
(c) Margaret is betraying Hero.
(d) Leonato is in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
2. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
3. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
4. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
5. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)