|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
2. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(b) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(c) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
3. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(b) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(c) Benedick is to be promoted.
(d) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
4. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Claudio and don Pedro.
(b) Leonato and Antonio.
(c) Hero and Beatrice.
(d) Claudio and Benedick.
5. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(b) She is Hero's adopted sister.
(c) She is Hero's younger sister.
(d) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
6. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
(a) Don John's quietness and Benedick's wit.
(b) Don Pedro's money and Leonato's love.
(c) Claudio's looks and Benedick's energy.
(d) Don Pedro's fine words and Claudio's youth.
7. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Send a message to Hero.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Bring Leonato to him at once.
(d) Look for Benedick.
8. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Banish Margaret.
(b) Cancel his wedding.
(c) Find a mate for Beatrice.
(d) Risk his life to save Leonato.
9. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If Hero is his daughter.
(b) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
(c) If he needs money.
(d) If he has had news about his enemies.
10. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her enemy.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her kinsman.
(d) Her friend.
11. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Love and happiness.
(b) Hope and faith.
(c) Money and riches.
(d) Power and esteem.
12. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
(b) Being a better soldier than himself.
(c) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(d) Being happy.
13. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) A servant.
14. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He has a toothache.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He has a head ache.
(d) He is terribly weary.
15. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He has a toothache.
(c) He is terribly weary.
(d) He has a head ache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
2. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
3. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
5. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)