|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He has a head ache.
(b) He has a toothache.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He is terribly weary.
2. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
(a) She is nervous and fearful.
(b) She is too disdainful and vain.
(c) She has been hurt too many times before.
(d) She has too much anger in her heart.
3. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(b) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(c) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
4. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Show her true nature.
(b) Ruin her reputation.
(c) Break her heart.
(d) Put her in prison.
5. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
6. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) Yellow Fever.
(b) An infection.
(c) Unrequited love.
7. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
(a) He is wearing new clothes.
(b) He is wearing a silly grin.
(c) He shaved his beard.
(d) He smells of perfume.
8. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A hard heart.
(b) A sharp tongue.
(c) A quick wit.
(d) A lofty view.
9. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Money and riches.
(b) Hope and faith.
(c) Love and happiness.
(d) Power and esteem.
10. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) The colors of Italy.
(b) Fine Italian leather.
(c) A mask.
(d) A cape.
11. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
(b) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(c) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
(d) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
12. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
(a) Claudio's looks and Benedick's energy.
(b) Don John's quietness and Benedick's wit.
(c) Don Pedro's money and Leonato's love.
(d) Don Pedro's fine words and Claudio's youth.
13. Where does the surprise visitor say Claudio can find evidence of his shocking news?
(a) Hero's bedroom window.
(b) Beatrice's room.
(c) The main hall of Leonato's estate.
(d) The orchard.
14. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is Hero's younger sister.
(b) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(c) She is Hero's adopted sister.
(d) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
15. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(b) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
(c) Benedick is to be promoted.
(d) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
2. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
3. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
4. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)