|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Tell Hero.
(b) Get some real evidence.
(c) Write a message to Don Pedro.
(d) Keep it a secret.
2. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
(b) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(c) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(d) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
3. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) A mask.
(b) Fine Italian leather.
(c) A cape.
(d) The colors of Italy.
4. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
(a) She is offended by it.
(b) She is happy about it.
(c) She is angry about it.
(d) She is amused by it.
5. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(a) Don John.
6. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He is overly kind.
(b) He is coarse and rude to her.
(c) He says very little.
(d) He mimics everything she says to him.
7. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
(a) His hat.
(b) His pipe.
(c) A book.
(d) A pen and some paper.
8. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
(a) Claudio's looks and Benedick's energy.
(b) Don John's quietness and Benedick's wit.
(c) Don Pedro's fine words and Claudio's youth.
(d) Don Pedro's money and Leonato's love.
9. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) What he plans to do.
(b) Why he is in a bad mood.
(c) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
(d) When he plans to return to his own home.
10. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A Public hearing.
(b) A parade.
(c) A dance.
(d) A feast.
11. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
12. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(b) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(c) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(d) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
13. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
(b) He is always sick to his stomach.
(c) He watches her throughout the party.
(d) He has a sour air about him.
14. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) The food would be poisoned.
(b) The wine would be too strong.
(c) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(d) A large fight would break out.
15. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Look for Benedick.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Send a message to Hero.
(d) Bring Leonato to him at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
2. Who wants to marry Hero?
3. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
4. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
5. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)