|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He plans to woo her.
(b) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
(c) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
(d) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
2. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His place in the family.
(b) His hatred of his brother.
(c) His foul humor.
(d) His lack of wealth.
3. Which of these is something that is NOT listed in Benedick's soliloquy about the perfect woman?
4. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A dance.
(b) A feast.
(c) A parade.
(d) A Public hearing.
5. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(c) Don John.
6. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A year.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
7. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She has already seen evidence of it.
(b) She is in love with Benedick already.
(c) She is prideful.
(d) She will always believe what hero says.
8. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
9. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Alienating friends.
(b) Getting the last word.
(c) Speaking without thinking first.
(d) Making a fool of himself.
10. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(d) He has no interest in her.
11. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) An infection.
(b) Yellow Fever.
(c) Unrequited love.
12. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
(a) Their beards.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their massive hands.
(d) Their eyes.
13. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(b) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(c) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(d) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
14. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Being a better soldier than himself.
(b) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
(c) Being happy.
(d) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
15. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Being a husband.
(b) Wooing a lover.
(c) Making woman friends.
(d) Being a diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
2. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
3. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
4. Who wants to marry Hero?
5. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)