|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
2. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Tell Hero.
(b) Get some real evidence.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Write a message to Don Pedro.
3. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Find a mate for Beatrice.
(b) Cancel his wedding.
(c) Risk his life to save Leonato.
(d) Banish Margaret.
4. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) Hero's bedroom window.
(b) The church.
(c) Don John's room.
(d) Claudio's room.
5. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He is bad company.
(c) He needs rest.
(d) He needs a raise and promotion.
6. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
7. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
8. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
(d) Don Pedro.
9. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
(a) She is happy about it.
(b) She is amused by it.
(c) She is angry about it.
(d) She is offended by it.
10. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) Yellow Fever.
(c) Unrequited love.
(d) An infection.
11. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A year.
12. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
(b) Don Pedro.
13. What shocking news does the surprise visitor bring to the men conversing in the garden?
(a) Hero has been unfaithful.
(b) Leonato is in danger.
(c) Beatrice is in love.
(d) Margaret is betraying Hero.
14. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Claudio and don Pedro.
(b) Hero and Beatrice.
(c) Claudio and Benedick.
(d) Leonato and Antonio.
15. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(d) He wants to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
2. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
3. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
4. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
5. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)