|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
2. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
(a) He wishes to speak alone with Leonato.
(b) He asks for some entertainment.
(c) He begs pardon and asks to retire to bed early.
(d) He suggests they speak of more manly things than love.
3. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Send a message to Hero.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Bring Leonato to him at once.
(d) Look for Benedick.
4. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
5. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
6. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Being a husband.
(b) Making woman friends.
(c) Wooing a lover.
(d) Being a diplomat.
7. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
8. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
9. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Ruin her reputation.
(b) Show her true nature.
(c) Put her in prison.
(d) Break her heart.
10. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
11. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
(a) He shaved his beard.
(b) He smells of perfume.
(c) He is wearing new clothes.
(d) He is wearing a silly grin.
12. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero's heart.
(c) Higher ranking.
13. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
14. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
15. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
2. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
3. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
4. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
5. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)