|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
2. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(b) Don John.
3. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
(d) Don John.
4. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) Out of hope for a good marriage.
(b) Out of pity for him.
(c) She sees Benedick in a new light.
(d) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
5. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
6. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is not fair.
(b) She is unkind.
(c) She is too short.
(d) She has a small bosom.
7. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
8. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Invite disdain.
(b) Destroy her chances with men.
(c) Improve her standing with Benedick.
(d) Inflate her ego.
9. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) A servant.
10. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
11. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Look for Benedick.
(b) Bring Leonato to him at once.
(c) Send a message to Hero.
(d) Sing a song.
12. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
(b) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
(c) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
(d) He plans to woo her.
13. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Tell Hero.
(b) Keep it a secret.
(c) Get some real evidence.
(d) Write a message to Don Pedro.
14. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
(a) Fetch a doctor for Beatrice.
(b) Marry Beatrice.
(c) Serve his duty more fully.
(d) Inform Claudio of his pending inheritance.
15. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(b) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(c) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(d) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
2. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
3. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
5. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)