|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her kinsman.
(b) Her enemy.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her servant.
2. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
3. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Not follow Beatrice's example.
(b) Be herself.
(c) Marry Claudio.
(d) Accept Don Pedro's advances.
4. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
(a) He has always had great oral hygiene.
(b) He should have some water and grapes.
(c) He should go to bed early that night.
(d) It would be out of character for Benedick.
5. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) A cape.
(b) The colors of Italy.
(c) Fine Italian leather.
(d) A mask.
6. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
(a) The Devil will reject her.
(b) She will woo St. Peter.
(c) There are too many good people just like her.
(d) Her heart is too good.
7. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
8. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
9. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A hard heart.
(b) A lofty view.
(c) A sharp tongue.
(d) A quick wit.
10. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He may get a higher rank.
(b) It will bring him happiness.
(c) He needs his brother's approval.
(d) It will be easier to deceive him later.
11. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
12. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
(a) He is wearing a silly grin.
(b) He is wearing new clothes.
(c) He shaved his beard.
(d) He smells of perfume.
13. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Wooing a lover.
(b) Being a husband.
(c) Making woman friends.
(d) Being a diplomat.
14. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(b) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
(c) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(d) Benedick is to be promoted.
15. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He has no interest in her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking news does the surprise visitor bring to the men conversing in the garden?
2. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
3. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
4. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
5. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)