|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(b) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(c) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
(d) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
2. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His lack of wealth.
(b) His hatred of his brother.
(c) His foul humor.
(d) His place in the family.
3. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
4. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
(c) Don John.
5. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
(a) Their massive hands.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their beards.
(d) Their eyes.
6. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He has no interest in her.
(d) He wants Claudio to marry her.
7. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) The day of the wedding.
(b) The night before their wedding.
(c) The very next day.
(d) The night after their wedding.
8. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(b) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(c) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
9. Where does the surprise visitor say Claudio can find evidence of his shocking news?
(a) Hero's bedroom window.
(b) Beatrice's room.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The main hall of Leonato's estate.
10. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He has no interest in her.
(c) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(d) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
11. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A dance.
(b) A Public hearing.
(c) A feast.
(d) A parade.
12. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
13. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
14. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Send a message to Hero.
(b) Bring Leonato to him at once.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Look for Benedick.
15. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
(a) He is supposed to be working somewhere else right then.
(b) He is afraid they will ask him to help with something.
(c) He knows Don Pedro is upset with him.
(d) He wants to eaves drop on their conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
2. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
3. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
4. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
5. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)