|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He watches her throughout the party.
(b) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
(c) He has a sour air about him.
(d) He is always sick to his stomach.
2. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A fool.
(c) A knave.
(d) A clown.
3. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
4. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is happy.
5. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
(a) Her aging face.
(b) Her strong personality.
(c) Her sharp tongue.
(d) Her pride.
6. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) Unrequited love.
(c) Yellow Fever.
(d) An infection.
7. Which of these is something that is NOT listed in Benedick's soliloquy about the perfect woman?
8. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
(b) What he plans to do.
(c) When he plans to return to his own home.
(d) Why he is in a bad mood.
9. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
(a) Don Pedro's money and Leonato's love.
(b) Claudio's looks and Benedick's energy.
(c) Don John's quietness and Benedick's wit.
(d) Don Pedro's fine words and Claudio's youth.
10. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
11. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(d) He has no interest in her.
12. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
(a) Don Pedro- Prince of Aragon.
(b) Don Juan- Prince of Portugal.
(c) Don Julio- Prince of Barbados.
(d) Don Jon- Prince of Spain.
13. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
14. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) A mask.
(b) A cape.
(c) Fine Italian leather.
(d) The colors of Italy.
15. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His apathetic demeanor.
(b) His ability to manipulate others.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His nastiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
2. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
3. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
4. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
5. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)