|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
(b) She sees Benedick in a new light.
(c) Out of pity for him.
(d) Out of hope for a good marriage.
2. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
3. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Making a fool of himself.
(b) Getting the last word.
(c) Alienating friends.
(d) Speaking without thinking first.
4. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
5. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
6. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
7. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) Claudio's room.
(b) Hero's bedroom window.
(c) The church.
(d) Don John's room.
8. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) A fortnight.
9. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Bring Leonato to him at once.
(b) Send a message to Hero.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Look for Benedick.
10. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
11. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(b) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(c) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
(d) Benedick is to be promoted.
12. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) What he plans to do.
(b) Why he is in a bad mood.
(c) When he plans to return to his own home.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
13. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Fabrics of red.
14. Who wants to marry Hero?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) Don John.
15. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A quick wit.
(b) A hard heart.
(c) A lofty view.
(d) A sharp tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
2. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
3. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
4. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
5. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)