|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
2. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(b) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
(c) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(d) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
3. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) The wine would be too strong.
(b) The food would be poisoned.
(c) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(d) A large fight would break out.
4. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
(a) Their beards.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their massive hands.
(d) Their eyes.
5. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
6. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Banish Margaret.
(b) Risk his life to save Leonato.
(c) Cancel his wedding.
(d) Find a mate for Beatrice.
7. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He is overly kind.
(b) He says very little.
(c) He mimics everything she says to him.
(d) He is coarse and rude to her.
8. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
9. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
(d) Don Pedro.
10. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
(a) She wants to prove Hero wrong.
(b) She learned about herself.
(c) She did not know people though ill of her.
(d) She is now in love with Benedick..
11. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her enemy.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her kinsman.
12. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
(a) She is amused by it.
(b) She is happy about it.
(c) She is angry about it.
(d) She is offended by it.
13. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
14. Who wants to marry Hero?
(a) Don John.
(c) Don Pedro.
15. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
(b) He is always sick to his stomach.
(c) He has a sour air about him.
(d) He watches her throughout the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
2. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
4. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
5. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)