|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice decide to love Benedick after she drops eaves on Hero in the garden?
(a) She feels flattered by his feelings for her.
(b) Out of hope for a good marriage.
(c) Out of pity for him.
(d) She sees Benedick in a new light.
2. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Fabrics of red.
3. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
(a) She is angry about it.
(b) She is happy about it.
(c) She is amused by it.
(d) She is offended by it.
4. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Power and esteem.
(b) Hope and faith.
(c) Money and riches.
(d) Love and happiness.
5. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He watches her throughout the party.
(b) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
(c) He is always sick to his stomach.
(d) He has a sour air about him.
6. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
(a) He is bad company.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He needs a raise and promotion.
(d) He needs rest.
7. Who wants to marry Hero?
(b) Don John.
(d) Don Pedro.
8. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
(b) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(c) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(d) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
9. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) A servant.
10. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Show her true nature.
(b) Ruin her reputation.
(c) Put her in prison.
(d) Break her heart.
11. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
13. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(d) He wants Claudio to marry her.
14. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
(b) He plans to woo her.
(c) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
(d) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
15. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His nastiness.
(b) His ability to manipulate others.
(c) His apathetic demeanor.
(d) His cunning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
2. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
3. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
4. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
5. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)