|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
2. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He has a head ache.
(c) He has a toothache.
(d) He is terribly weary.
3. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is Hero's adopted sister.
(b) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(c) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
(d) She is Hero's younger sister.
5. Where does the surprise visitor say Claudio can find evidence of his shocking news?
(a) Beatrice's room.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The main hall of Leonato's estate.
(d) Hero's bedroom window.
6. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
(a) He asks for some entertainment.
(b) He wishes to speak alone with Leonato.
(c) He suggests they speak of more manly things than love.
(d) He begs pardon and asks to retire to bed early.
7. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Inflate her ego.
(b) Invite disdain.
(c) Destroy her chances with men.
(d) Improve her standing with Benedick.
8. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
(b) Don Pedro.
9. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) Why he is in a bad mood.
(b) When he plans to return to his own home.
(c) What he plans to do.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
10. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) A large fight would break out.
(b) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(c) The wine would be too strong.
(d) The food would be poisoned.
11. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
(a) He is supposed to be working somewhere else right then.
(b) He is afraid they will ask him to help with something.
(c) He knows Don Pedro is upset with him.
(d) He wants to eaves drop on their conversation.
12. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) A mask.
(b) The colors of Italy.
(c) Fine Italian leather.
(d) A cape.
13. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
14. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
(a) Don Pedro.
15. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Alienating friends.
(b) Making a fool of himself.
(c) Speaking without thinking first.
(d) Getting the last word.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
2. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
3. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
4. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
5. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)