|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Benedick is to be promoted.
(b) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(c) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
(d) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
2. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His nastiness.
(b) His cunning.
(c) His apathetic demeanor.
(d) His ability to manipulate others.
3. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
(a) A cage of narcissism.
(b) A trap of flattery.
(c) A net of love.
(d) A snare of hope.
4. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(d) Air Sweetener.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Don Pedro.
6. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(b) The food would be poisoned.
(c) A large fight would break out.
(d) The wine would be too strong.
7. Where does the surprise visitor say Claudio can find evidence of his shocking news?
(a) The main hall of Leonato's estate.
(b) Beatrice's room.
(c) Hero's bedroom window.
(d) The orchard.
8. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She will always believe what hero says.
(b) She is in love with Benedick already.
(c) She is prideful.
(d) She has already seen evidence of it.
9. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
10. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(b) Unrequited love.
(c) Yellow Fever.
(d) An infection.
11. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
(a) He is wearing new clothes.
(b) He is wearing a silly grin.
(c) He smells of perfume.
(d) He shaved his beard.
12. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A parade.
(b) A dance.
(c) A feast.
(d) A Public hearing.
13. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
(a) She has too much anger in her heart.
(b) She is nervous and fearful.
(c) She has been hurt too many times before.
(d) She is too disdainful and vain.
14. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
15. Where will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) The church.
(b) Hero's bedroom window.
(c) Claudio's room.
(d) Don John's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
3. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
4. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
5. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)