|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) What he plans to do.
(b) Why he is in a bad mood.
(c) When he plans to return to his own home.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
2. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) The night after their wedding.
(b) The very next day.
(c) The day of the wedding.
(d) The night before their wedding.
3. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
(a) He knows Don Pedro is upset with him.
(b) He wants to eaves drop on their conversation.
(c) He is afraid they will ask him to help with something.
(d) He is supposed to be working somewhere else right then.
4. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
5. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Banish Margaret.
(b) Find a mate for Beatrice.
(c) Cancel his wedding.
(d) Risk his life to save Leonato.
6. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is shocked.
7. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Write a message to Don Pedro.
(b) Get some real evidence.
(c) Tell Hero.
(d) Keep it a secret.
8. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(b) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(c) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
9. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She has already seen evidence of it.
(b) She is in love with Benedick already.
(c) She will always believe what hero says.
(d) She is prideful.
10. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
11. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
(a) Beatrice is Hero's aunt.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Beatrice is an adopted sister to Hero.
(d) They are sisters.
12. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Break her heart.
(b) Put her in prison.
(c) Ruin her reputation.
(d) Show her true nature.
13. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Claudio and Benedick.
(b) Hero and Beatrice.
(c) Claudio and don Pedro.
(d) Leonato and Antonio.
14. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
15. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
(a) She wants to prove Hero wrong.
(b) She did not know people though ill of her.
(c) She learned about herself.
(d) She is now in love with Benedick..
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
2. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
3. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
5. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)