|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
(a) He should go to bed early that night.
(b) He has always had great oral hygiene.
(c) It would be out of character for Benedick.
(d) He should have some water and grapes.
2. What does Claudio vow to do if the shocking news brought to the garden is proven true?
(a) Risk his life to save Leonato.
(b) Cancel his wedding.
(c) Find a mate for Beatrice.
(d) Banish Margaret.
3. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He is terribly weary.
(c) He has a toothache.
(d) He has a head ache.
4. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
(a) The day of the wedding.
(b) The night after their wedding.
(c) The night before their wedding.
(d) The very next day.
5. What does Beatrice do when Hero is speaking about Benedick's love for her?
6. How is Margaret related to Hero?
(a) She is a distant cousin of Hero's.
(b) She is Hero's adopted sister.
(c) She is Hero's younger sister.
(d) She is Hero's lady in waiting.
7. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He has a toothache.
(b) He has a head ache.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He is terribly weary.
8. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
9. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her enemy.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her kinsman.
10. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His nastiness.
(b) His apathetic demeanor.
(c) His ability to manipulate others.
(d) His cunning.
11. Who is sent to get Beatrice at the beginning of Act 3?
(c) A servant.
12. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
(a) Marry Beatrice.
(b) Serve his duty more fully.
(c) Inform Claudio of his pending inheritance.
(d) Fetch a doctor for Beatrice.
13. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(a) Air Sweetener.
14. Why does Hero say Beatrice will never love anyone while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
(a) She has been hurt too many times before.
(b) She is too disdainful and vain.
(c) She has too much anger in her heart.
(d) She is nervous and fearful.
15. What shocking news does the surprise visitor bring to the men conversing in the garden?
(a) Hero has been unfaithful.
(b) Beatrice is in love.
(c) Margaret is betraying Hero.
(d) Leonato is in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the surprise visitor say Claudio can find evidence of his shocking news?
2. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
3. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
4. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
5. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)