|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
(a) She asks him when he is to leave Messina.
(b) She asks for his pardon for her earlier bad behavior.
(c) She mocks his clothing.
(d) She tells him it is time for dinner.
2. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Send a message to Hero.
(b) Look for Benedick.
(c) Bring Leonato to him at once.
(d) Sing a song.
3. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
(a) His misery.
(b) His cunning.
(c) His pride.
(d) His joy.
4. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His foul humor.
(b) His place in the family.
(c) His lack of wealth.
(d) His hatred of his brother.
5. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A Public hearing.
(b) A dance.
(c) A parade.
(d) A feast.
6. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
(a) It would be out of character for Benedick.
(b) He has always had great oral hygiene.
(c) He should have some water and grapes.
(d) He should go to bed early that night.
7. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Put her in prison.
(b) Ruin her reputation.
(c) Show her true nature.
(d) Break her heart.
8. What does Claudio say will always wreck friendship when he is upset with Don Pedro?
9. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
(b) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(c) Being a better soldier than himself.
(d) Being happy.
10. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
(b) What he plans to do.
(c) Why he is in a bad mood.
(d) When he plans to return to his own home.
11. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
(a) Run away.
(b) Give in to him.
(c) Torment him.
(d) Fool him.
12. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
13. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
(a) Don Pedro's servant.
(b) His servant.
(c) Don John.
14. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
(a) She is happy about it.
(b) She is offended by it.
(c) She is amused by it.
(d) She is angry about it.
15. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His apathetic demeanor.
(b) His nastiness.
(c) His ability to manipulate others.
(d) His cunning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
2. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
3. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
5. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)