|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
(a) Beatrice is an adopted sister to Hero.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Beatrice is Hero's aunt.
2. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) Unrequited love.
(c) An infection.
(d) Yellow Fever.
3. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(b) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(c) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
(d) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
4. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His foul humor.
(b) His hatred of his brother.
(c) His place in the family.
(d) His lack of wealth.
5. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A sharp tongue.
(b) A hard heart.
(c) A quick wit.
(d) A lofty view.
6. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He has no interest in her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
7. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
(a) He is supposed to be working somewhere else right then.
(b) He wants to eaves drop on their conversation.
(c) He is afraid they will ask him to help with something.
(d) He knows Don Pedro is upset with him.
8. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their massive hands.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their beards.
9. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She has a small bosom.
(b) She is not fair.
(c) She is unkind.
(d) She is too short.
10. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
(a) Her heart is too good.
(b) There are too many good people just like her.
(c) The Devil will reject her.
(d) She will woo St. Peter.
11. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
12. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
13. Who comes up with a new plan to destroy Hero and Claudio after they are engaged?
(a) Don John.
14. Why does Hero say it will be so easy to make Beatrice believe Benedick loves her?
(a) She is in love with Benedick already.
(b) She is prideful.
(c) She will always believe what hero says.
(d) She has already seen evidence of it.
15. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
(a) Claudio is to have an inheritance from Don Pedro.
(b) Beatrice has fallen ill.
(c) Benedick is to be promoted.
(d) Beatrice is in love with Benedick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
2. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
3. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
4. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
5. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)