Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
Don Pedro- Prince of Aragon.
2. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
They are cousins.
3. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
4. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
5. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
6. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
7. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
If Hero is his daughter.
8. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
A sharp tongue....
This section contains 2,928 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)