|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He wishes Leonato had taken him more seriously.
(b) He must be very careful in his examination.
(c) He hoped to be able to attend the wedding as well.
(d) He is honored in his new duty.
2. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(b) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(c) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
(d) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
3. Who wakes up Beatrice on the morning of Hero's wedding?
4. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
(a) He feels that he should have accompanied the sexton.
(b) He wants a witness to the disrespect shown him.
(c) He feels very fondly towards the sexton.
(d) He wants a transcript of the dialogue from Conrade.
5. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
(b) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(c) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(d) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
2. Who does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to not wake during the night?
3. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What is Claudio more afraid of than death?
5. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)