|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Friar say that Claudio is not guilty of any part in Hero's shame?
(a) He sees what he thinks is pure evidence.
(b) He is fooled by Don John.
(c) He is led astray by Don Pedro.
(d) He pays his penance.
2. Where does Dogberry plan to take his prisoners after the interrogation is over?
(a) The jail.
(b) The church.
(c) Leonato's house.
(d) The town square of Messina.
3. Who is the person willing to pay Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(c) Don John.
(d) Don Pedro.
4. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
(b) They are caught red-handed.
(c) They turn themselves in.
(d) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
5. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) Disrespect towards him.
(b) Crashing a wedding.
(c) Not caring about Hero's ruin.
(d) Making him work on a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Ursula bring Benedick and Beatrice as they are discussing traditional wooing?
2. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
3. What does Verges say once Leonato has left the scene on the morning of Hero's wedding?
4. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
5. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)