|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the suspects spoken of by Vergeson the morning of Hero's wedding being kept?
(a) The church.
(b) The jail.
(c) The town square of Messina.
(d) The courthouse.
2. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
(b) Being happy.
(c) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(d) Being a better soldier than himself.
3. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(b) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(c) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(d) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
4. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(b) Don Pedro.
5. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He is not gifted with words.
(b) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
(c) He does not have her love yet.
(d) He must choose between his friend and his love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
3. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
4. What is Claudio planning to do at his wedding?
5. Where does the beginning of Act 4 take place?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)