|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
(a) Honest men should never be associated with deceivers.
(b) They should follow thieves to where their loot is hidden.
(c) They should pay attention to more dangerous men.
(d) They should let them go as thieves are not harming anyone.
2. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
(a) Use force to arrest them.
(b) Write down their names.
(c) Let them go free.
(d) Ask them where they are going.
3. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(a) Don John.
4. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
(a) An infection.
(c) Unrequited love.
(d) Yellow Fever.
5. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His nastiness.
(b) His cunning.
(c) His apathetic demeanor.
(d) His ability to manipulate others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
2. Why does Beatrice vow to change after Hero leaves the garden?
3. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
4. What does Dogberry think is a worse crime than the plot to dishonor Hero?
5. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)