|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
(b) Don Pedro.
2. What does Benedick discuss with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) His love for Beatrice.
(b) Hero's innocence.
3. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
(a) Citizens of Messina.
(b) Anyone within their sight.
(c) Subjects of the prince.
4. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A dance.
(b) A Public hearing.
(c) A parade.
(d) A feast.
5. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(b) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(c) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(d) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick tell Don Pedro he must do at the end of the play?
2. What does Borachio hear has happened to Hero as a result to the plot to dishonor her?
3. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
4. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
5. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)