|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Benedick doing while talking with Margaret after challenging Claudio to a duel?
(a) Having his beard shaved for Beatrice.
(b) Writing a poem for Beatrice.
(c) Trying to get evidence of Hero's innocence.
(d) Writing a song for Beatrice.
2. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) A large fight would break out.
(b) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(c) The food would be poisoned.
(d) The wine would be too strong.
3. What will the new plan to break up Hero and Claudio do to Hero?
(a) Put her in prison.
(b) Break her heart.
(c) Show her true nature.
(d) Ruin her reputation.
4. Whom does Claudio think he is marrying at the end of the play?
(c) Hero's sister.
(d) Hero's cousin.
5. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Being happy.
(b) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(c) Being a better soldier than himself.
(d) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudio tease Benedick about after he asks to marry Beatrice?
2. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
3. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
5. Who does Benedick think is trying to besmirch Hero's reputation?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)