|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the man who paid Borachio for his part in the plot to dishonor Hero?
(a) He has left town.
(b) He has been challenged to a dual.
(c) He has been arrested.
(d) He is being held at Leonato's house.
2. Who ordered Claudio to read his written statement after hearing about Hero's innocence?
(d) Don Pedro.
3. Who is under arrest in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Don John and Borachio.
(b) Claudio and Benedick.
(c) Benedick and Don John.
(d) Borachio and Conrade.
4. What do Benedick and Beatrice discuss when Beatrice enters the scene after Benedick's soliloquy?
(a) Courtship and marriage.
(b) Benedick's duel with Claudio.
(d) Hero's innocence.
5. What does Antonio say Claudio must not do in order to marry his 'daughter'?
(a) Shame her as he did Hero.
(b) Mention Hero's name.
(c) Treat her poorly.
(d) Look at her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
2. What news makes Leonato think that the rumor against his daughter is true?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
4. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
5. Which of these is something that is NOT listed in Benedick's soliloquy about the perfect woman?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)