|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A clown.
(b) A fool.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A knave.
2. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
(a) Take turns.
(b) Find a replacement.
(c) Not get their spears stolen.
(d) Not snore.
3. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If he has had news about his enemies.
(b) If Hero is his daughter.
(c) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
(d) If he needs money.
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A year.
5. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Challenging Claudio to a dual or allowing him to leave peacefully.
(b) Disowning his daughter or forgiving her.
(c) Sending Hero away, or locking her up in his house.
(d) Believing Hero is innocent and believing the evidence against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
2. Whom does Leonato ask for help when his daughter's wedding goes awry?
3. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
4. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
5. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)