|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonato learn from his visitor on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) He is needed at the church immediately.
(b) Hero is ill.
(c) Claudio wants to cancel the wedding.
(d) Two men have been arrested.
2. Why does Dogberry wish the Sexton to return after he has left the interrogation?
(a) He feels very fondly towards the sexton.
(b) He wants a transcript of the dialogue from Conrade.
(c) He feels that he should have accompanied the sexton.
(d) He wants a witness to the disrespect shown him.
3. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) His title of a Prince.
(b) A soldier's loneliness.
(c) Spain's bull fights.
(d) Hero's parentage.
4. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
(b) They turn themselves in.
(c) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
(d) They are caught red-handed.
5. Who stays with Hero to make her well after Claudio leaves the wedding ceremony?
(a) Friar Francis and Leonato.
(b) Borachio and Conrade.
(c) Don John and Don Pedro.
(d) Benedick and Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hero choose to help her in convincing Beatrice that Benedick loves her?
2. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
3. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
4. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
5. Who does Leonato send to do what he is summoned for on the morning of Hero's wedding?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)