|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrade call Dogberry after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
(a) A coxcomb.
(b) A knave and a half.
(c) An ass.
(d) A blathering fool.
2. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Get some real evidence.
(b) Tell Hero.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Write a message to Don Pedro.
3. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
(b) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
(c) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
(d) He plans to woo her.
4. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His nastiness.
(b) His ability to manipulate others.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His apathetic demeanor.
5. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Love and happiness.
(b) Money and riches.
(c) Hope and faith.
(d) Power and esteem.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
2. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Conrade call Verges after the sexton leaves the interrogation?
4. What is Leonato so torn about at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)