|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudio say is Benedick's reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He has a toothache.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He is terribly weary.
(d) He has a head ache.
2. What is Leonato summoned to do just before he leaves to Hero's wedding?
(a) To calm his daughter's nerves.
(b) To arrange the dowry for Hero.
(c) To settle a dispute.
(d) To do an interrogation.
3. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His ability to manipulate others.
(b) His nastiness.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His apathetic demeanor.
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A year.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
5. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
(c) Comic Relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hero when she hears some untrue accusations at her wedding?
2. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
3. What does Don Pedro say in the orchard that is incredibly surprising to Benedick?
4. Why does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to avoid conflict with thieves?
5. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)