|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudio tell Benedick he is looking for him after leaving Leonato's presence?
(a) They need some comforting speech from him.
(b) They are writing a public denouncement of Hero.
(c) They want to hear his jokes.
(d) They are readying themselves to leave.
2. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
(a) Being a better soldier than himself.
(b) Being happy.
(c) Pursuing the girl he had set his eyes on.
(d) Gaining more approval from Don Pedro than himself.
3. Why does Claudio refuse to fight Leonato at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is in too much of a hurry to take time for a dual.
(b) He loves Leonato too much to hurt him.
(c) He will not fight 2 duals in a day.
(d) He will not fight an old man.
4. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If he needs money.
(b) If he has had news about his enemies.
(c) If Hero is his daughter.
(d) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
5. Who finally unravels the plot used to dishonor Hero?
(c) The sexton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable tell the night watch to do if they must sleep?
2. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
3. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
4. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
5. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)