|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary role does the constable of Messina play in this plot?
(c) Comic Relief.
2. What do Don Pedro and Claudio agree on after commenting about the change in Benedick's appearance?
(a) He needs a raise and promotion.
(b) He is bad company.
(c) He needs rest.
(d) He is in love.
3. Who is under arrest in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Benedick and Don John.
(b) Claudio and Benedick.
(c) Don John and Borachio.
(d) Borachio and Conrade.
4. Why are the night watch told to put special watch on Leonato's house?
(a) He suspects a bad plot will go down there that night.
(b) He is housing royalty at the moment.
(c) Hero's wedding is the next day.
(d) He is the governor.
5. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He is terribly weary.
(c) He has a toothache.
(d) He has a head ache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who does the constable of Messina tell the night watch they are responsible for?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the compliments that Hero gives Benedick while Beatrice is eavesdropping?
4. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
5. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)