|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Higher ranking.
(c) Hero's heart.
2. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
3. Who is under arrest in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) Claudio and Benedick.
(b) Benedick and Don John.
(c) Borachio and Conrade.
(d) Don John and Borachio.
4. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He needs his brother's approval.
(b) It will bring him happiness.
(c) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(d) He may get a higher rank.
5. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He is terribly weary.
(b) He has a toothache.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He has a head ache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
2. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
3. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
4. Who captured the suspects spoken of by Verges on the morning of Hero's wedding?
5. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)