|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hero say has asked her to tell Beatrice of Benedick's love for her while Beatrice eavesdrops?
(b) Don Pedro.
2. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
(a) Give in to him.
(b) Fool him.
(c) Torment him.
(d) Run away.
3. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Accept Don Pedro's advances.
(b) Be herself.
(c) Marry Claudio.
(d) Not follow Beatrice's example.
4. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(b) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(c) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(d) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
5. What shocking news does the surprise visitor bring to the men conversing in the garden?
(a) Hero has been unfaithful.
(b) Leonato is in danger.
(c) Margaret is betraying Hero.
(d) Beatrice is in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
2. What does Don Pedro say that Beatrice may die of while in the Orchard with Claudio?
3. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
4. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
5. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)