|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) Don Pedro.
2. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(b) Higher ranking.
(c) Hero's heart.
3. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(b) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(c) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(d) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
4. What does Hero say she will ensnare Beatrice in with her trickery about Benedick?
(a) A snare of hope.
(b) A net of love.
(c) A cage of narcissism.
(d) A trap of flattery.
5. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Hero and Beatrice.
(b) Claudio and don Pedro.
(c) Leonato and Antonio.
(d) Claudio and Benedick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
2. Who does Don John promise to pay a reward to if the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero works?
3. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
4. What do Don Pedro and Claudio notice has changed about Benedick's appearance as they all chat in the garden?
5. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)