|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) Spain's bull fights.
(b) Hero's parentage.
(c) A soldier's loneliness.
(d) His title of a Prince.
2. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Be herself.
(b) Accept Don Pedro's advances.
(c) Marry Claudio.
(d) Not follow Beatrice's example.
3. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) A cape.
(b) The colors of Italy.
(c) A mask.
(d) Fine Italian leather.
4. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Speaking without thinking first.
(b) Alienating friends.
(c) Getting the last word.
(d) Making a fool of himself.
5. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
2. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
3. What is the song sung in the orchard about?
4. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
5. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)