|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their failure.
(b) Their disgust of love.
(c) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(d) Their plan to flee the area.
2. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Bring Leonato to him at once.
(c) Send a message to Hero.
(d) Look for Benedick.
3. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Write a message to Don Pedro.
(b) Tell Hero.
(c) Get some real evidence.
(d) Keep it a secret.
4. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(b) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(c) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
5. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He is coarse and rude to her.
(b) He mimics everything she says to him.
(c) He is overly kind.
(d) He says very little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don John willing to pay if the plan succeeds?
2. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
3. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
5. Who does Don Pedro say he got his information about Beatrice from when he is in the orchard with Claudio?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)