|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) It will bring him happiness.
(b) He may get a higher rank.
(c) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(d) He needs his brother's approval.
2. Who wants to marry Hero?
(a) Don John.
(d) Don Pedro.
3. What does Beatrice tell Leonato would win any woman's heart?
4. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is confused.
5. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(b) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(c) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(d) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
2. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
3. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
4. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
5. What does everybody wear to the ball at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)