|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) It will bring him happiness.
(b) He needs his brother's approval.
(c) He may get a higher rank.
(d) It will be easier to deceive him later.
2. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If he has had news about his enemies.
(b) If Hero is his daughter.
(c) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
(d) If he needs money.
3. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
(b) He has a sour air about him.
(c) He is always sick to his stomach.
(d) He watches her throughout the party.
4. What does Antonio admonish Hero to do at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Accept Don Pedro's advances.
(b) Marry Claudio.
(c) Not follow Beatrice's example.
(d) Be herself.
5. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) A soldier's loneliness.
(b) His title of a Prince.
(c) Spain's bull fights.
(d) Hero's parentage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice compare styles of love to at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
3. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
4. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
5. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)