|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A clown.
(b) A knave.
(c) A fool.
(d) A gentleman.
2. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
(a) Beatrice is an adopted sister to Hero.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) Beatrice is Hero's aunt.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(b) A large fight would break out.
(c) The food would be poisoned.
(d) The wine would be too strong.
4. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is unkind.
(b) She is not fair.
(c) She is too short.
(d) She has a small bosom.
5. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) He is always sick to his stomach.
(b) He seems to have no real love for his brother.
(c) He has a sour air about him.
(d) He watches her throughout the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
2. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
3. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
4. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
5. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)