|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) It will bring him happiness.
(b) He may get a higher rank.
(c) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(d) He needs his brother's approval.
2. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(b) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(c) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(d) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
3. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
4. What does Beatrice say would make up the perfect man?
(a) Claudio's looks and Benedick's energy.
(b) Don John's quietness and Benedick's wit.
(c) Don Pedro's money and Leonato's love.
(d) Don Pedro's fine words and Claudio's youth.
5. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
2. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
3. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
4. Who wants to marry Hero?
5. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)