|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is unkind.
(b) She is too short.
(c) She has a small bosom.
(d) She is not fair.
2. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Beatrice is an adopted sister to Hero.
(c) Beatrice is Hero's aunt.
(d) They are sisters.
3. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
4. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(b) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
(c) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(d) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
5. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
2. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
3. What does Hero say she noticed about Don John at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
5. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)