|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
(a) Her heart is too good.
(b) She will woo St. Peter.
(c) The Devil will reject her.
(d) There are too many good people just like her.
2. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
3. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
4. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
(a) Her strong personality.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her aging face.
(d) Her sharp tongue.
5. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A hard heart.
(b) A lofty view.
(c) A quick wit.
(d) A sharp tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
2. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
3. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
4. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
5. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)