|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A lofty view.
(b) A quick wit.
(c) A sharp tongue.
(d) A hard heart.
2. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is not fair.
(b) She is too short.
(c) She is unkind.
(d) She has a small bosom.
3. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
(a) Don Pedro's servant.
(c) His servant.
(d) Don John.
4. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(d) He wants Claudio to marry her.
5. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
2. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
3. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
4. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
5. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)