|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His lack of wealth.
(b) His foul humor.
(c) His hatred of his brother.
(d) His place in the family.
2. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
3. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) A soldier's loneliness.
(b) His title of a Prince.
(c) Spain's bull fights.
(d) Hero's parentage.
4. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
5. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(b) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(c) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
2. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
4. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
5. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)