|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
(a) The wine would be too strong.
(b) The weather would make it impossible to happen.
(c) A large fight would break out.
(d) The food would be poisoned.
2. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
(a) Beatrice is an adopted sister to Hero.
(b) Beatrice is Hero's aunt.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are cousins.
3. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She has a small bosom.
(b) She is unkind.
(c) She is too short.
(d) She is not fair.
4. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A quick wit.
(b) A hard heart.
(c) A sharp tongue.
(d) A lofty view.
5. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) His title of a Prince.
(b) Spain's bull fights.
(c) A soldier's loneliness.
(d) Hero's parentage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
2. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
3. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
4. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
5. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)