|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(c) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
2. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
(a) Don Jon- Prince of Spain.
(b) Don Pedro- Prince of Aragon.
(c) Don Julio- Prince of Barbados.
(d) Don Juan- Prince of Portugal.
3. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(b) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(c) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(d) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
4. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Making woman friends.
(b) Being a diplomat.
(c) Being a husband.
(d) Wooing a lover.
5. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) When he plans to return to his own home.
(b) Why he is in a bad mood.
(c) What he plans to do.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
2. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
3. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
4. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
5. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)