|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She has a small bosom.
(b) She is too short.
(c) She is unkind.
(d) She is not fair.
2. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(d) He wants Claudio to marry her.
3. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) Spain's bull fights.
(b) Hero's parentage.
(c) A soldier's loneliness.
(d) His title of a Prince.
4. How did Borachio learn of Claudio's love for Hero?
(a) He overheard a conversation at Leonato's house.
(b) He pretended to be a friend of Claudio's.
(c) He stole a letter written by Claudio.
(d) He got the gossip from the servants at Leonato's house.
5. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) Why he is in a bad mood.
(b) When he plans to return to his own home.
(c) What he plans to do.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
2. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
3. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
4. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
5. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)