|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If he needs money.
(b) If he has had news about his enemies.
(c) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
(d) If Hero is his daughter.
2. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) What he plans to do.
(b) Why he is in a bad mood.
(c) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
(d) When he plans to return to his own home.
3. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(b) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(c) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(d) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
5. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Making woman friends.
(b) Being a husband.
(c) Being a diplomat.
(d) Wooing a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
2. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
3. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
4. Who wants to marry Hero?
5. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)