|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
(a) Don Pedro- Prince of Aragon.
(b) Don Julio- Prince of Barbados.
(c) Don Juan- Prince of Portugal.
(d) Don Jon- Prince of Spain.
2. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
(a) Air Sweetener.
3. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
(a) A parade.
(b) A dance.
(c) A feast.
(d) A Public hearing.
4. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
5. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He has no interest in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
2. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
3. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
4. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
5. What does Don John want to punish Claudio for?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)