|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio think Don Pedro's intentions are towards Hero?
(a) He has no interest in her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(d) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
2. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) Spain's bull fights.
(b) Hero's parentage.
(c) His title of a Prince.
(d) A soldier's loneliness.
3. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He needs his brother's approval.
(b) He may get a higher rank.
(c) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(d) It will bring him happiness.
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A fortnight.
5. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
2. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
4. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
5. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)