|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
(a) A quick wit.
(b) A lofty view.
(c) A hard heart.
(d) A sharp tongue.
2. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
(a) A cape.
(b) The colors of Italy.
(c) Fine Italian leather.
(d) A mask.
3. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
(a) Don Jon- Prince of Spain.
(b) Don Juan- Prince of Portugal.
(c) Don Julio- Prince of Barbados.
(d) Don Pedro- Prince of Aragon.
4. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
(a) Her kinsman.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her enemy.
5. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
(a) He wants to manipulate her into giving away Leonato's secrets.
(b) He wants Claudio to marry her.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He has no interest in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Hero?
2. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
3. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
4. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
5. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)