|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
2. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Power and esteem.
(b) Hope and faith.
(c) Love and happiness.
(d) Money and riches.
3. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
(a) Alienating friends.
(b) Getting the last word.
(c) Speaking without thinking first.
(d) Making a fool of himself.
4. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Tell Hero.
(b) Keep it a secret.
(c) Get some real evidence.
(d) Write a message to Don Pedro.
5. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
2. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
3. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
4. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
5. Who wants to marry Hero?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)