|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
(a) His title of a Prince.
(b) Spain's bull fights.
(c) A soldier's loneliness.
(d) Hero's parentage.
2. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Love and happiness.
(b) Hope and faith.
(c) Money and riches.
(d) Power and esteem.
3. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is not fair.
(b) She is unkind.
(c) She has a small bosom.
(d) She is too short.
4. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His brother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
5. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
(a) Don Juan- Prince of Portugal.
(b) Don Jon- Prince of Spain.
(c) Don Pedro- Prince of Aragon.
(d) Don Julio- Prince of Barbados.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Don Pedro wear to accomplish the first part of his plan?
2. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
3. Who wants to marry Hero?
4. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
5. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)