|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benedick say he would be terrible at?
(a) Being a husband.
(b) Being a diplomat.
(c) Wooing a lover.
(d) Making woman friends.
2. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is confused.
3. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If he needs money.
(b) If Hero is his daughter.
(c) If he has had news about his enemies.
(d) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
4. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
5. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
(a) His joy.
(b) His misery.
(c) His cunning.
(d) His pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to marry Hero?
2. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
3. What does Leonato arrange for when Antonio leaves after conversing about Don Pedro?
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
5. Who is coming to visit Leonato at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)