|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Antonio get this mistaken view of Don Pedro?
(a) Don John.
(c) Don Pedro's servant.
(d) His servant.
2. What does Don John tell Conrade he will never be able to build with other people?
3. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
(a) He may get a higher rank.
(b) It will bring him happiness.
(c) It will be easier to deceive him later.
(d) He needs his brother's approval.
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
(a) A month.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
5. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is not fair.
(b) She has a small bosom.
(c) She is unkind.
(d) She is too short.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Don Pedro speak to during the second part of his plan to help Claudio?
2. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
3. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
4. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
5. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)