|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
2. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
3. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Keep it a secret.
(b) Get some real evidence.
(c) Tell Hero.
(d) Write a message to Don Pedro.
4. What does Don John tell his men is his only resource for dealing with the world?
(a) His ability to manipulate others.
(b) His cunning.
(c) His nastiness.
(d) His apathetic demeanor.
5. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His place in the family.
(b) His lack of wealth.
(c) His foul humor.
(d) His hatred of his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say that Benedick is an expert at when they first converse in this play?
2. What does Don John tell Borachio he wishes would happen at the party at Leonato's house?
3. What position has Borachio taken on in order to spy on Leonato's house?
4. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
5. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)