|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don John say there is no cure for as he speaks to Conrade?
(a) His place in the family.
(b) His foul humor.
(c) His lack of wealth.
(d) His hatred of his brother.
2. What does Don Pedro ask Balthasar to do while Benedick is hiding in the orchard?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Look for Benedick.
(c) Send a message to Hero.
(d) Bring Leonato to him at once.
3. How does Benedick speak to Beatrice when they meet in the orchard?
(a) He is coarse and rude to her.
(b) He mimics everything she says to him.
(c) He is overly kind.
(d) He says very little.
4. How does Borachio plan to use Margaret in the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) He will give Hero some poison to give Hero.
(b) He will make love to her and tell Claudio it is Hero.
(c) He will ask her to impersonate Hero.
(d) He will ask her for inside information about Hero.
5. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(c) Higher ranking.
(d) Hero's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Conrade think Don John should build trust with his brother?
2. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
3. Who wants to marry Hero?
4. Who will be most hurt by the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
5. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)