|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are close friends.
(d) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
2. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Love and happiness.
(b) Hope and faith.
(c) Power and esteem.
(d) Money and riches.
3. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
4. What will accompany the feast for the evening of the soldier's arrival to Messina?
5. What is the first question that Conrade asks Don John when they first appear on the stage together?
(a) Why he is in a bad mood.
(b) When he plans to return to his own home.
(c) What he plans to do.
(d) Whether or not he likes his new quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
2. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
3. What does Benedick tell Beatrice she has when they first converse together in this play?
4. What does Conrade tell Don John to avoid showing in his appearance?
5. What does the messenger tell Beatrice that he would never want to be after hearing her view of Benedick?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)