|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leonato react the way he does to Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
(a) He likes the idea of his daughter marrying royalty.
(b) He trusts and reveres Don Pedro.
(c) He feels Don Pedro is much too old.
(d) He is offended that Don Pedro did not speak to him about this.
2. What does Antonio tell Leonato will relieve his suffering soul?
(a) Communicating his thoughts and feelings.
(b) Finding other amusement.
(c) Talking with Hero alone.
(d) Asking the Friar for forgiveness.
3. What is the first question the Prince has for Leonato when they first converse?
(a) If Hero is his daughter.
(b) If he and his men can stay at his home for a time.
(c) If he needs money.
(d) If he has had news about his enemies.
4. What does Leonato say he would prefer to a slandered daughter?
(a) That he had some evidence the rumor is not true.
(b) That she were dead.
(c) That he had never met Claudio.
(d) That he were dead.
5. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(a) Claudio and Benedick.
(b) Hero and Beatrice.
(c) Claudio and don Pedro.
(d) Leonato and Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say that she and Benedick could never woo each other in the traditional way?
2. When will the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero take place?
3. What does Don Pedro say about Claudio's reason for Benedick being more serious than usual?
4. How does Leonato feel about Antonio's mistaken idea about Don Pedro?
5. What does Beatrice say she dislikes about most men's physical appearance?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)