|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benedick claim as his reason for seeming more serious than usual?
(a) He has a head ache.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He is terribly weary.
(d) He has a toothache.
2. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
(a) Thoughts of Benedick.
(b) Nervousness for Hero.
(c) The noisy night-guard.
(d) A wounded animal outside her window.
3. What does Hero tell Ursula that Beatrice does with her short temper?
(a) Invite disdain.
(b) Improve her standing with Benedick.
(c) Inflate her ego.
(d) Destroy her chances with men.
4. What does Benedick lament about himself while he waits for Beatrice to appear?
(a) He is not gifted with words.
(b) He does not have her love yet.
(c) He must choose between his friend and his love.
(d) He is not worthy of Beatrice.
5. How are the prisoners in the jail on the morning of Hero's wedding captured?
(a) They turn themselves in.
(b) They are caught red-handed.
(c) They are betrayed by one of their accomplices.
(d) The night watch overhears them talking about their crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
2. What does Ursula say Beatrice would do if she knew that Benedick loved her?
3. What does Leonato joke about when Don Pedro arrives on the stage for the first time?
4. How are Hero and Beatrice related?
5. What does the constable of Messina tell his night watch to do to the people of Messina who refuse to obey their orders?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)