|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Benedick NOT give as a reason to avoid falling in love with Hero?
(a) She is too short.
(b) She is unkind.
(c) She is not fair.
(d) She has a small bosom.
2. What do Borachio and Don John discuss after hearing about Hero's match with Claudio?
(a) Their plan to flee the area.
(b) Their disgust of love.
(c) Their jealousy of their happiness.
(d) Their failure.
3. Who does Beatrice specifically ask the messenger about after his news of the war?
4. What does Don John tell his men that he wants to rob from the world?
(a) Money and riches.
(b) Hope and faith.
(c) Love and happiness.
(d) Power and esteem.
5. How does Don John stand to benefit from the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
(c) Hero's heart.
(d) Higher ranking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don John say taught him to be so disagreeable?
2. Why does Beatrice say she will not go to hell for not marrying like the Bible says?
3. Who is well respected for his part in the battle that ended just before the play begins?
4. How long are the soldiers told they will be staying in Messina?
5. Who does Don John want to witness the new plan to break up Claudio and Hero?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)