|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
(b) He plans to woo her.
(c) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
(d) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
2. How are Antonio and Leonato related?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) Leonato is Antonio's uncle.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What surprise visitor enters the garden while the men are all talking about the changes in Benedick's appearance?
(c) Don John.
4. What does Benedick ask to do after Don Pedro tells him the new change in his appearance makes him look younger?
(a) He wishes to speak alone with Leonato.
(b) He suggests they speak of more manly things than love.
(c) He begs pardon and asks to retire to bed early.
(d) He asks for some entertainment.
5. How does Beatrice feel about the comment that she may not find a husband?
(a) She is angry about it.
(b) She is happy about it.
(c) She is amused by it.
(d) She is offended by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
2. What does Margaret help Hero do on the morning of her wedding?
3. What are Don Pedro's real intentions towards Hero?
4. What kept Beatrice awake all night the night before Hero's wedding?
5. What does Antonio say will keep Beatrice from finding a husband?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)