|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice call Benedick as they dance together?
(a) A clown.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A fool.
(d) A knave.
2. Why does Margaret infer that Beatrice may be thinking of getting married herself on the morning of Hero's wedding?
(a) She realized she is getting older.
(b) She has loving feelings for Benedick.
(c) She sees how happy Hero is.
(d) She feels the need to prove her uncle wrong about her character.
3. Why does Benedick say he will no longer be cruel to Beatrice as he has in the past after overhearing the conversation between Don Pedro and Claudio?
(a) He plans to woo her.
(b) He feels guilty now that she is ill.
(c) He wants to make amends with the future relative of a prince.
(d) He feels pity for her unrequited love.
4. What does Benedick ask his servant to retrieve for him when he is walking in the orchard?
(a) A book.
(b) A pen and some paper.
(c) His hat.
(d) His pipe.
5. What does Leonato ask Antonio to do after they have spoken about the mistaken idea of Don Pedro?
(a) Write a message to Don Pedro.
(b) Get some real evidence.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Tell Hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say to Benedick when she sees him in the orchard?
2. Why does Benedick hide when he sees Don Pedro and some other men enter the orchard?
3. What does Benedick plan to do as Don Pedro and the other men leave the orchard?
4. Who arrives to take Hero to the church?
5. Where does most of Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)