1. What month is it when the book begins?
2. In what city does Clarissa Dalloway live?
(a) New York.
3. Clarissa notes that some days are much like ____________________.
(a) an unending party.
(b) the depths of hell.
(c) a kiss from a wave.
(d) Christmas morning.
4. How does the weather on this day make Clarissa feel?
(c) Full of life.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that occurs in the middle of June?
(a) Dancing all night.
(b) Polo ponies.
(c) Garden parties.
(d) Reading novels.
6. Where does Clarissa walk to hear the chimes of Big Ben?
(b) Picadilly Circus.
(d) St. James' Park.
7. What is Clarissa's friend, Hugh's, last name?
8. Who is Hugh's mother?
9. Why is Hugh not very cheerful lately?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He has been sick.
(c) He is divorcing his wife.
(d) His mother is ill.
This section contains 3,782 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)