|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal starts to hang around the Flannigans' house in Chapter 22?
2. What is the woman who asks Katherine for medicine in Chapter 23 carrying?
3. What is the name of the male Beauclaire twin?
4. What does Cardinal accuse Jonathan of doing in Chapter 16?
5. What animal does Katherine recall seeing Timmy Beauclaire with when she first met him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Katherine and Mike take the children the day after adding Kate to their family?
2. How do Katherine and Mike grieve after the death of his children? How does Katherine feel about Mike's method of grieving?
3. What kind of medicine does Mrs. Marlin come to Sarah for in Chapter 17? How does she explain to Katherine about giving Mrs. Marlin the medicine?
4. Before she dies, what does Constance ask Katherine to do?
5. In Chapter 14, what does Constance say are the important things in life?
6. What does Katherine do when she becomes thirsty while out for a walk in Chapter 26?
7. In Chapter 21, what does Oh-Be-Joyful say has caused difficulties in her relationship with Jonathan?
8. Describe Sarah's workroom in Chapter 17.
9. Why does Mike arrest Jonathan at the end of Chapter 19?
10. Why does Mike decide to retrieve the final wolf trap he set outside the house in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Mrs. Mike." Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not? Is the conclusion a happy one? Are there any unanswered questions? Would you change anything?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss conflict in the novel "Mrs. Mike." Who is in conflict with whom and why? How do these conflicts affect the plot and the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the symbolism in the novel "Mrs. Mike." What are some examples of symbolism? What do the colors in the novel symbolize?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)