|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Indian superstition, what bird brings death to a house by flying over it?
2. What does Mrs. Marlin claim about Katherine's newborn baby?
(a) The baby looks like Mrs. Marlin's father.
(b) The baby has an old soul.
(c) The baby won't live long.
(d) The baby is Mrs. Marlin's own.
3. Which of Constance's children dies shortly after the Flannigans' children do?
4. Whom does Sarah try to keep from entering the room after Katherine gives birth?
(a) Mary Aroon.
(b) Mrs. Marlin.
5. What is the name of the male Beauclaire twin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does Katherine realize Boston lacks?
2. What does Katherine find warm and beautiful at the Mission?
3. What does Katherine recall holding up for Timmy to see?
4. Katherine goes up to a mansion to ask for _____________.
5. Whom does Katherine speak to at the mansion in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan come to see the Flannigans about in Chapter 28?
2. In Chapter 21, what does Oh-Be-Joyful say has caused difficulties in her relationship with Jonathan?
3. Where do Katherine and Mike take the children the day after adding Kate to their family?
4. Why does Mike decide to retrieve the final wolf trap he set outside the house in Chapter 22?
5. What happens over lunch in Chapter 26 which makes Katherine realize how alien 'civilized' people have become to her?
6. What kind of medicine does Mrs. Marlin come to Sarah for in Chapter 17? How does she explain to Katherine about giving Mrs. Marlin the medicine?
7. Before she dies, what does Constance ask Katherine to do?
8. What does Katherine do when she becomes thirsty while out for a walk in Chapter 26?
9. What overwhelms Katherine in Boston in Chapter 26?
10. How does Constance's daughter Madeleine die?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)