|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Constance's daughter die in Chapter 27?
(a) Following childbirth.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) A contagious airborne virus.
2. What does Mike do to make up for his anger toward his family in Chapter 22?
(a) Prepares a special meal.
(b) Mike takes them sledding.
(c) Builds the children a snow fort.
(d) Takes them skating.
3. According to Indian superstition, what bird brings death to a house by flying over it?
4. What is the woman who asks Katherine for medicine in Chapter 23 carrying?
(a) A dead baby.
(b) A hen.
(c) A water jug.
(d) A basket.
5. What does Constance want to borrow from Katherine in Chapter 14?
(a) Some thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what instrument does Mike play in order to deal with his grief?
2. What is Mamanowatum's English name?
3. Katherine goes up to a mansion to ask for _____________.
4. What does Mary Aroon cause to spill which makes Mike angry in Chapter 22?
5. What animal does Katherine recall seeing Timmy Beauclaire with when she first met him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sarah's workroom in Chapter 17.
2. Why is Anne forbidden from marrying Jonathan by the Mother Superior at the Mission? According to the Mother Superior, what is a "klooch"?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Katherine see when she looks at her reflection in a mirror?
4. In Chapter 21, what does Oh-Be-Joyful say has caused difficulties in her relationship with Jonathan?
5. In Chapter 20, why does Mrs. Marlin claim Katherine's baby is hers?
6. Where do Katherine and Mike take the children the day after adding Kate to their family?
7. After Cardinal comes to Mike claiming Jonathan stole from his traps, what does Mike discover when he hears Jonathan's side of the story?
8. Who comes to Katherine's door in Chapter 23? What makes Katherine feel cursed?
9. What does Katherine do when she becomes thirsty while out for a walk in Chapter 26?
10. In Chapter 14, what does Constance say are the important things in life?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)