|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike use to bait the animal which is hanging around his house in Chapter 22?
(a) Table scraps.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) A live mouse.
(d) A bucket of oats.
2. Why was Randy Nolan brought to the Flannigans' house in Chapter 25?
(a) He was kicked by a horse.
(b) He had a mystery illness.
(c) He was attacked by a bear.
(d) He had alcohol poisoning.
3. What does Katherine's sister burn at lunch time?
(a) A casserole.
(b) A cake.
(d) Her fingers.
4. What animal does Katherine recall seeing Timmy Beauclaire with when she first met him?
(a) A bunny.
(b) A cat.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A cow.
5. What does Katherine think Sarah's workroom smells like?
(b) Tobacco smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katherine decide to take Randy for treatment?
2. What is the name of Jonathan's baby?
3. What does Katherine recall holding up for Timmy to see?
4. In Chapter 19, what does Larry give the Flannigans as a thank you for their help?
5. What is the name of the female Beauclaire twin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens over lunch in Chapter 26 which makes Katherine realize how alien 'civilized' people have become to her?
2. What causes Oh-Be-Joyful to truly be joyful at the end of Chapter 20?
3. Describe Sarah's workroom in Chapter 17.
4. In Chapter 14, what does Constance say are the important things in life?
5. What does Constance Beauclaire tell Katherine about her journey to North America from France?
6. What kind of medicine does Mrs. Marlin come to Sarah for in Chapter 17? How does she explain to Katherine about giving Mrs. Marlin the medicine?
7. In Chapter 21, what does Oh-Be-Joyful say has caused difficulties in her relationship with Jonathan?
8. How do Katherine and Mike grieve after the death of his children? How does Katherine feel about Mike's method of grieving?
9. Why does Mike decide to retrieve the final wolf trap he set outside the house in Chapter 22?
10. In Chapter 26, what does Katherine's mother think of the life she has been living in Canada?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)