|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Constance's daughter die in Chapter 27?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) A contagious airborne virus.
(d) Following childbirth.
2. In Chapter 27, what are the Flannigans said to never do?
(a) Tell each other "I love you."
(b) Speak about their children.
(d) Eat together.
3. What does Katherine recall holding up for Timmy to see?
(a) A photograph of her family.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) Mary Aroon.
(d) A dress she recently made.
4. What does Katherine recall having a premonition about in Chapter 25?
(a) A newcomer coming to the village.
(b) Getting lost in the woods.
(c) Mike falling ill.
(d) Wandering in the cemetery.
5. What does Katherine think Sarah's workroom smells like?
(d) Tobacco smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mike and Katherine do together with the children in Chapter 28?
2. Which of Constance's children dies shortly after the Flannigans' children do?
3. Where is Constance originally from?
4. What does the male Beauclaire twin pretend to be in Chapter 28?
5. Why was Randy Nolan brought to the Flannigans' house in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Constance Beauclaire tell Katherine about her journey to North America from France?
2. What does Katherine realize about life as she is sewing in Chapter 28?
3. What memory does Katherine recall after Timmy Beauclaire's death?
4. Why does Mike arrest Jonathan at the end of Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 21, what does Oh-Be-Joyful say has caused difficulties in her relationship with Jonathan?
6. In Chapter 14, what does Constance say are the important things in life?
7. Who comes to Katherine's door in Chapter 23? What makes Katherine feel cursed?
8. What overwhelms Katherine in Boston in Chapter 26?
9. Why is Anne forbidden from marrying Jonathan by the Mother Superior at the Mission? According to the Mother Superior, what is a "klooch"?
10. What does Katherine do when she becomes thirsty while out for a walk in Chapter 26?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)