|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural phenomenon does Katherine witness in Athabaska?
(a) Aurora Borealis.
(b) A sun dog.
(c) A fire rainbow.
(d) A storm.
2. From what illness does Katherine suffer?
(a) Small pox.
3. Based on Mike's uniform, Katherine thinks he is _____________.
(a) An Englishman.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A businessman.
4. What does the nurse in Peace River Crossing tell Katherine when they meet?
(a) The nurse doubts Katherine's baby will be born alive.
(b) It is an unlucky day to give birth.
(c) The weather is not good for birthing a baby.
(d) The baby will come out easily.
5. What does Katherine decide to make Mike for lunch in Chapter 7?
(b) Chicken pot pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Canadian province is Katherine headed to visit her uncle in?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Atenou convinces Ralph his 'tooth of wisdom' can do?
3. Who or what joins Katherine as she runs down the footpath in Chapter 11?
4. Which of the following is NOT an animal Katherine sees jump into the river?
5. Why did Ralph come to northern Canada?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Katherine broken rules in Chapter 1?
2. What causes the wolves to cry so much in Chapter 6?
3. How does Katherine's medical condition interfere with her fun in Chapter 2?
4. What does Uncle John mean by "It will Chinook"?
5. At the Howards, Mike diagnoses Katherine with what condition? What does he suggest she do to help her condition?
6. Who is traveling in a train at the beginning of the novel? Where is she going?
7. What natural phenomenon does Katherine witness in Athabaska? What does Mike tell her about the phenomenon?
8. Why does Katherine ask to call Mrs. Carpentier by the name Sarah?
9. What happens to Joe Henderson's family in the fire? Who does he blame?
10. What does Atenou tell Ralph about his wisdom tooth?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)