|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Mike says can be done using clues from nature?
(a) Figure out the time.
(b) Figure out one's direction.
(c) Predict weather.
(d) Figure out one's path in life.
2. What is the name of the nurse Katherine meets in Peace River Crossing?
(a) Mrs. Maples.
(b) Mrs. Mathers.
(c) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Matheson.
3. What does Mike look at before pulling out Atenou's tooth?
(a) An instruction manual.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The floor.
(d) His watch.
4. What is Ralph's surname?
5. Where is Ralph from originally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike feed Katherine when he collects her after the fire has passed?
2. How old is Katherine at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is the name of the con man who is on the sled journey with Katherine and Mike?
4. Why does Katherine insist that Bull MacGregor should go to jail?
5. How many pies does Katherine prepare in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Katherine and Mike try to sober up Johnny Flaherty in Chapter 2?
2. In what way has Katherine broken rules in Chapter 1?
3. Why has Katherine been sent to stay with her uncle in Canada?
4. Why does Katherine ask to call Mrs. Carpentier by the name Sarah?
5. Where must Katherine and Mike travel in Chapter 5? Why must they go, and how will they get there?
6. In Chapter 10, how is it explained that the people in the Northwest Territory are able to navigate themselves from one place to another?
7. When Mike finds Katherine after the fire, what does he do for her?
8. What does Sergeant Mike suggest Katherine can use for ammunition when she goes shooting?
9. What happens to Joe Henderson's family in the fire? Who does he blame?
10. What does Mike take Katherine hiking to see when the thaw begins in March? What does Mike point out to Katherine along the way which puts her in awe?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)