|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mike and Katherine do together with the children in Chapter 28?
(a) Collect tree sap.
(b) Go sledding.
(c) Build a snowman.
(d) Put together a puzzle.
2. What is the name of the female Beauclaire twin?
3. Who did Jonathan's father wage a war against?
(a) A nearby Indian tribe.
(b) The Canadian government.
(c) The local police.
(d) The Mission.
4. What does Jonathan build for Oh-Be-Joyful after the dance in Chapter 21?
(a) A tepee.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A wooden chair.
(d) A cradle.
5. What does Katherine admit to Oh-Be-Joyful about Jonathan in Chapter 21?
(a) Katherine saw Jonathan steal.
(b) Jonathan wants to join the police force.
(c) Katherine likes Jonathan.
(d) Jonathan plans to leave Grouard.
6. What does Mike use to bait the animal which is hanging around his house in Chapter 22?
(a) Table scraps.
(b) A bucket of oats.
(c) A live mouse.
(d) A dead rabbit.
7. How does Constance's daughter die in Chapter 27?
(b) Following childbirth.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) A contagious airborne virus.
8. In what year does the epidemic hit the village in Chapter 27?
9. Katherine goes up to a mansion to ask for _____________.
(a) A lantern.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) Appropriate footwear.
10. What is Katherine's mother's name?
11. What vegetable is a feast held in honor of in Chapter 21?
12. In Chapter 19, how long will Mike be away in order to arrest Cardinal?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
13. In Chapter 14, how has Timmy's friend Jerry been killed?
(a) By a grizzly bear.
(b) From a bar fight.
(c) By a falling tree.
(d) From a gunshot wound.
14. What is the name of Constance's daughter who dies in Chapter 27?
15. At the end of the novel, what does Katherine say hurts her a little?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary Aroon in Chapter 17?
2. How does Mike help Larry after his leg is amputated?
3. How does Katherine react to the decorations and crowds at the homecoming party?
4. What does the male Beauclaire twin pretend to be in Chapter 28?
5. What does Father Grouard provide Larry with after his amputation?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)