|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how does Oh-Be-Joyful say Jonathan wanted his woman to understand him?
(a) With her soul.
(b) With her heart.
(c) With her mind.
(d) With her stomach.
2. Why was Randy Nolan brought to the Flannigans' house in Chapter 25?
(a) He had alcohol poisoning.
(b) He was attacked by a bear.
(c) He had a mystery illness.
(d) He was kicked by a horse.
3. How does Katherine react to the decorations and crowds at the homecoming party?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is indifferent to her surroundings.
(c) She is filled with glee.
(d) She is overwhelmed.
4. Whom does Sarah try to keep from entering the room after Katherine gives birth?
(b) Mrs. Marlin.
(c) Mary Aroon.
5. What vegetable is a feast held in honor of in Chapter 21?
6. After leaving the mansion, what does Katherine remember about the people of Alberta?
(a) They are dull.
(b) They are hospitable.
(c) They are simple.
(d) They are loyal.
7. What illness becomes an epidemic in the community in Chapter 23?
(d) Scarlet fever.
8. What does Cardinal accuse Jonathan of doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Setting Cardinal's camp on fire.
(b) Stealing Cardinal's equipment.
(c) Poisoning the well.
(d) Stealing from Cardinal's traps.
9. What is the name of the young man who follows Katherine out onto the front porch?
10. At the end of the novel, what does the female Beauclaire twin suggest is hurting Katherine?
(a) A bug bite.
(b) A cut.
(c) A rash.
(d) A pin.
11. What does Katherine admit to Oh-Be-Joyful about Jonathan in Chapter 21?
(a) Jonathan wants to join the police force.
(b) Katherine saw Jonathan steal.
(c) Katherine likes Jonathan.
(d) Jonathan plans to leave Grouard.
12. Where is Constance originally from?
13. What is the name of Constance's daughter who dies in Chapter 27?
14. What does Katherine feel proud of after she fends off the young man on the porch?
(a) Her tenacity.
(b) Her courage.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her loyalty.
15. What does Father Grouard provide Larry with after his amputation?
(b) A wooden leg.
(c) A cane.
(d) A wheel chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, how long will Mike be away in order to arrest Cardinal?
2. What is Mamanowatum's English name?
3. What does Jonathan ask Mike and Katherine to do for his baby?
4. What goes on outdoors as Katherine is giving birth to her son?
5. What does Constance want to borrow from Katherine in Chapter 14?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)