|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Ivy accuse someone of doing during the party?
(b) Bringing an unsavory character.
(c) Making a pass at her.
(d) Spreading false rumors.
2. How does Constance's daughter die in Chapter 27?
(a) A contagious airborne virus.
(b) Following childbirth.
(c) Chicken pox.
3. What happens when Katherine sees Sarah amputating Larry's leg?
(a) Katherine runs away.
(b) Katherine faints.
(c) Katherine screams.
(d) Katherine vomits.
4. In Chapter 25, what instrument does Mike play in order to deal with his grief?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) An accordion.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A panflute.
5. What is Katherine's mother's name?
6. Which of Constance's children dies shortly after the Flannigans' children do?
7. What goes on outdoors as Katherine is giving birth to her son?
(a) Two feet of snow falls.
(b) The northern lights are dancing.
(c) Wolves howl.
(d) A bear is wandering through the village.
8. What does Jonathan ask Mike and Katherine to do for his baby?
(a) Adopt it.
(b) Help him raise it.
(c) Take it to Boston.
(d) Nurse it back to health.
9. Where do the McTavish brothers return from in Chapter 23?
(d) New York.
10. What do Mike and Katherine call Jonathan's baby?
11. What does Constance want to borrow from Katherine in Chapter 14?
(b) Some thread.
12. How old is Mary Aroon in Chapter 17?
(a) Two weeks old.
(b) One year old.
(c) Five months old.
(d) Three years old.
13. Why was Randy Nolan brought to the Flannigans' house in Chapter 25?
(a) He had a mystery illness.
(b) He had alcohol poisoning.
(c) He was attacked by a bear.
(d) He was kicked by a horse.
14. What does Constance ask Katherine and Mike to do before she dies?
(a) Move away.
(b) Have more children.
(c) Raise the twins.
(d) Renew their vows.
15. What does Jonathan build for Oh-Be-Joyful after the dance in Chapter 21?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A tepee.
(c) A wooden chair.
(d) A cradle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vegetable is a feast held in honor of in Chapter 21?
2. What do Mike and Katherine do together with the children in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 27, what are the Flannigans said to never do?
4. What seems artificial and harsh to Katherine at the homecoming party?
5. What is the woman who asks Katherine for medicine in Chapter 23 carrying?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)