|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is the name of the Indian chief at the reservation?
(a) Chief Nakoda.
(b) Chief Okanagan.
(c) Chief Mustagan.
(d) Chief Anishinaabe.
2. What does Mike look at before pulling out Atenou's tooth?
(a) An instruction manual.
(b) The floor.
(c) His watch.
(d) The ceiling.
3. What is Katherine's dog named?
4. What animal do Katherine and Mike find stuck in a trap?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A rat.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hawk.
5. What name does Katherine ask to call Mrs. Carpentier by?
6. What does Katherine witness an Indian man making a woman do in Chapter 7?
(a) Clean his soiled shoes.
(b) Gather firewood.
(c) Carry a heavy box.
(d) Pull a dog sled.
7. What is the name of the nurse Katherine meets in Peace River Crossing?
(a) Mrs. Mathers.
(b) Mrs. Maples.
(c) Mrs. Martin.
(d) Mrs. Matheson.
8. How old is Katherine at the beginning of the novel?
9. What is a Chinook?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A cold breeze.
(c) An extremely hot day.
(d) A warm wind.
10. What kind of dog does Katherine have?
(a) A chihuahua.
(b) A pomeranian.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A cocker spaniel.
11. What plant does Katherine discover growing in her garden in Chapter 8?
(a) A red clover.
(d) Poison oak.
12. Whom does Bull MacGregor get into a fight with in Chapter 4?
(a) George Bailey.
(b) Gin Bertrand.
(c) Gil Brewster.
(d) Gord Bowler.
13. In Chapter 7, what becomes a weekly event at Katherine's home?
(a) Book discussions.
(c) Knitting party.
(d) Prayer hour.
14. What is the rock that Mike takes Katherine to see shaped like?
(a) A buffalo head.
(b) A four leaf clover.
(c) A fish.
(d) An eagle.
15. What does Katherine decide to make Mike for lunch in Chapter 7?
(d) Chicken pot pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is the first landmark Katherine notices in her new town?
2. When at the Howards, what does Mike give Katherine to ease her condition?
3. Why did Ralph come to northern Canada?
4. What was Ralph's occupation before coming to Canada?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Mildred tell Katherine she describes well?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)