|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Katherine that they are experiencing the worst winter is fifty years?
(a) A Scotsman.
(b) An Irishman.
(c) A Spaniard.
(d) An Indian.
2. What creature is a nuisance in spring and summer in the wilderness?
3. What alerts Katherine to the approaching fire in Chapter 11?
(a) The sound of crackling wood.
(b) The smell of smoke.
(c) A faint glimmer of light.
(d) Animals running towards her.
4. What plant does Katherine discover growing in her garden in Chapter 8?
(b) Poison oak.
(c) A red clover.
5. What does Katherine eat on the train which makes her cry?
(a) Hot buns.
(c) Cheese and crackers.
(d) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aware of the approaching fire, where does Katherine run to in Chapter 11?
2. Who are the two people who seek a spot on one of the already packed dog sleds?
3. Where is Ralph from originally?
4. Where does Mike tell Katherine she will be safe from the fire?
5. What does Mike feed Katherine when he collects her after the fire has passed?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)