|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the penguins do to other acts on their tour?
2. Why does Duval hate the penguins?
3. Why does Mr. Popper have his penguins promote a product?
4. Why does Mrs. Popper worry so much about money?
5. How long of a tour does Mr. Greenbaum offer Mr. Popper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
2. What product do the penguins promote, and why?
3. What does Mr. Popper do with his first check from Mr. Greenbaum?
4. What makes Mr. Swenson so upset when he sees the penguins?
5. How does Captain Cook get better from his illness?
6. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
7. What causes the accident on the way to the train station?
8. What does Mr. Klein do for Mr. Popper at the end of the book?
9. How does Mrs. Popper help with Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
10. What frustrated people when the penguins get on the bus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Admiral Drake was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
How does Mrs. Popper show her support for her husband, and what does this indicate about her personality?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Atwater have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)