|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper use to name the baby penguins?
2. Where does Mr. Klein want to take the penguins?
3. What happens in the second act of the penguin act?
4. Where is Duval from?
5. What is Marcos' occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustrated people when the penguins get on the bus?
2. What is Mr. Popper arrested for?
3. What do the policemen do when they are called to help with the penguins?
4. What position is Mr. Popper given at the end of the book?
5. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
6. How does Mrs. Popper help with Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
7. What makes Monsieur Duval hate the penguins?
8. What causes the accident on the way to the train station?
9. Why does Mrs. Popper wear her gloves while she plays for the performances?
10. Why does Mr. Popper paint Captain Cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Admiral Drake was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)