|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the last act of the penguin act?
2. Who visits Mr. Popper in prison?
3. Who does Mr. Popper fight with in every city on the road?
4. Who do the penguins anger in Minneapolis?
5. What instrument is brought to the rookery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Popper help with Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
2. What frustrated people when the penguins get on the bus?
3. What does Mr. Popper do with his first check from Mr. Greenbaum?
4. What is Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
5. Why do the penguins get on the bus?
6. What is the first idea Mr. Popper has to create a penguin habitat?
7. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
8. Why does Mrs. Popper wear her gloves while she plays for the performances?
9. What ideas does Mrs. Popper have to make money?
10. How do the Marvelous Marcos help the penguins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Mrs. Popper show her support for her husband, and what does this indicate about her personality?
Essay Topic 2
What made Mr. Popper such a dynamic character? Why do you think he was the chosen main character for this storyline?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the best examples of comic relief from this book, and how did they affect the tone of the book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)