|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper use to keep the eggs warm?
2. Why does Mr. Popper say the fridge will no longer be a suitable nest?
3. What problem does Mrs. Popper see with having two penguins?
4. Where does Mr. Popper have his furnace moved to when the freezing plant is installed?
5. What does Mr. Greenbaum do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ideas does Mrs. Popper have to make money?
2. What product do the penguins promote, and why?
3. Which plan does Mr. Popper pick for his penguins and why?
4. What is the first idea Mr. Popper has to create a penguin habitat?
5. What causes the accident on the way to the train station?
6. How does Captain Cook get better from his illness?
7. What does Admiral Drake want to do for the penguins?
8. Why do the penguins get on the bus?
9. What does Mr. Popper build for the penguins in the rookery?
10. What is Mr. Popper arrested for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the best examples of comic relief from this book, and how did they affect the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Curiosity was a trait that a few characters possessed. Who were these characters, and how did this trait affect their lives?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)