|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Popper get stressed about?
2. What does Mr. Popper use as a leash?
3. How many times has Mr. Popper redecorated his house?
4. How does Mr. Popper feel when he is kicked out of the barbershop?
5. How does Mr. Popper describe the service man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Admiral Drake show that he knows of Mr. Popper?
2. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
3. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
4. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
5. Why does Mr. Popper end up not fulfilling what the police man asked of him?
6. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
7. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
8. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
9. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
10. How does the first penguin get his name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What made Mr. Popper such a dynamic character? Why do you think he was the chosen main character for this storyline?
Essay Topic 3
How did the penguins change Mr. Popper's life, and what were the reactions to these changes?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)