|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the penguin watch the children do in their room?
2. Why does Mr. Popper wear what he does when he walks Captain Cook?
3. Which of these is NOT a sign of Captain Cook being sick?
4. Which of these is NOT a question asked by the reporters?
5. Why does Mr. Popper need the help of a service man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
2. Why does a police man come to Mr. Popper's house?
3. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
4. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
5. Who is Admiral Drake?
6. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
7. How does the penguin show that the food from the fridge was not enough?
8. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
9. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
10. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at City Hall, and what message do you think the author was trying to send through this event?
Essay Topic 2
What made Mr. Popper such a dynamic character? Why do you think he was the chosen main character for this storyline?
Essay Topic 3
Generosity was a key theme in this book. Where did this theme appear and which characters were the most affected by it?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)