|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the kids doing when Captain Cook wanders the house?
2. How does Mr. Popper feel when he sees the reporters?
3. Why does Mr. Popper choose to not follow the policeman's instructions?
4. What does Mr. Popper do when he is bored the day after the broadcast?
5. How does Mr. Popper know so much about Admiral Drake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Callahan respond to seeing Captain Cook for the first time?
2. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
3. Why does a police man come to Mr. Popper's house?
4. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
5. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
6. Who is Admiral Drake?
7. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
8. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
9. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
10. How does the penguin show that the food from the fridge was not enough?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Atwater have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What happens at City Hall, and what message do you think the author was trying to send through this event?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)