|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Popper not tell the service man about the penguin?
2. What does Mr. Popper want installed on the fridge?
3. How does Mr. Popper feel when he is kicked out of the barbershop?
4. What makes Mr. Popper want to shave?
5. Where does Captain Cook find a stairway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
2. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
3. Why does Mr. Popper end up not fulfilling what the police man asked of him?
4. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
5. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
6. How does the first penguin get his name?
7. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
8. Who is Admiral Drake?
9. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
10. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Mrs. Popper show her support for her husband, and what does this indicate about her personality?
Essay Topic 2
What did Mr. Popper do to care for his penguins, and what do these efforts indicate about Mr. Popper's personality?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)