|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mr. Popper the idea of the penguin show?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Mr. Popper use to name the baby penguins?
(a) Royal names.
(b) Biblical names.
(c) Presidential names.
(d) Historical names.
3. Why does Mr. Popper say the fridge will no longer be a suitable nest?
(a) They will have chicks.
(b) It is too small for 2 penguins.
(c) Their food is going bad.
(d) It is not cold enough.
4. Why do some people come to resent the penguins?
(a) They have too many babies.
(b) They belong in the wild.
(c) They make kids want penguin pets.
(d) They are show stealers.
5. Where do the penguins sleep on the train?
(a) The coal room.
(b) The caboose.
(c) The baggage car.
(d) The sleeping units.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the penguins get to the train station?
2. Where does Mr. Klein want to take the penguins?
3. What is Mrs. Popper's idea to make money?
4. What kind of animals does Mr. Swenson own?
5. What do the penguins do to other acts on their tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the policemen do when they are called to help with the penguins?
2. What ideas does Mrs. Popper have to make money?
3. Why does Mr. Popper paint Captain Cook?
4. Which plan does Mr. Popper pick for his penguins and why?
5. How does Mr. Popper choose the names of the baby penguins?
6. What frustrated people when the penguins get on the bus?
7. What does Admiral Drake want to do for the penguins?
8. What is Mr. Popper arrested for?
9. Why does Mrs. Popper wear her gloves while she plays for the performances?
10. What is Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)