|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Popper say the fridge will no longer be a suitable nest?
(a) It is too small for 2 penguins.
(b) They will have chicks.
(c) Their food is going bad.
(d) It is not cold enough.
2. How much money a week does Mr. Greenbaum offer Mr. Popper for his show?
3. How many penguins fight in the second act?
4. What does Mr. Popper call the new home for the penguins with the freezing plant?
(a) The penguin habitat.
(b) The freeze zone.
(c) The rookery.
(d) The nest.
5. What theater is the final performance supposed to be in?
(a) The Randall Theater.
(b) The Royal Theater.
(c) The Rascall Theater.
(d) The Regal Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Popper fight with in every city on the road?
2. How much is the bail for Mr. Popper?
3. Where does Mr. Popper have his furnace moved to when the freezing plant is installed?
4. What does Mr. Popper spray the floors in his house with?
5. What is the name of the penguins' show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Klein do for Mr. Popper at the end of the book?
2. How does Mr. Popper get out of jail?
3. What does Mr. Popper do with his first check from Mr. Greenbaum?
4. Which plan does Mr. Popper pick for his penguins and why?
5. What ideas does Mrs. Popper have to make money?
6. What do the policemen do when they are called to help with the penguins?
7. What does Mr. Greenbaum offer Mr. Popper to do the tour?
8. What makes Mr. Swenson so upset when he sees the penguins?
9. What do the penguins do to the opera singer in Minneapolis?
10. What makes Monsieur Duval hate the penguins?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)