|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people come to resent the penguins?
(a) They belong in the wild.
(b) They make kids want penguin pets.
(c) They have too many babies.
(d) They are show stealers.
2. What does Mr. Popper call the new home for the penguins with the freezing plant?
(a) The penguin habitat.
(b) The rookery.
(c) The nest.
(d) The freeze zone.
3. What is the name of the female penguin?
4. What does Mr. Klein do for a living?
(a) Travels to world.
(b) Writes books.
(c) Paints portraits.
(d) Makes movies.
5. What happens in the last act of the penguin act?
(a) The penguins slide around on their bellies.
(b) The penguins march.
(c) Two penguins have a duel.
(d) The penguins do an obstacle course.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the penguins get to the train station?
2. What kind of animals does Mr. Swenson own?
3. What do the penguins do when they meet Mr. Swenson's animals?
4. What does Mr. Popper spray the floors in his house with?
5. What causes the crash on the way to the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Popper arrested for?
2. How does Mr. Popper choose the names of the baby penguins?
3. What does Mr. Klein do for Mr. Popper at the end of the book?
4. What does Mr. Popper do with his first check from Mr. Greenbaum?
5. What ideas does Mrs. Popper have to make money?
6. What does Mr. Popper build for the penguins in the rookery?
7. What kind of routine do the baby penguins create in their rookery?
8. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
9. Which plan does Mr. Popper pick for his penguins and why?
10. What position is Mr. Popper given at the end of the book?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)