|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Cook feel when the female penguin comes?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is possessive.
2. How do the penguins get their first chance to perform?
(a) Mr. Greenbaum's daughter loves penguins.
(b) Another act is a no show.
(c) Mr. Popper offers to pay people to see it.
(d) The manager loves the show.
3. How do the penguins know what to do in each act?
(a) There is specific music for each act.
(b) They see pictures.
(c) Mr. Popper leads them.
(d) Bill signs to them from the side.
4. What problem does Mrs. Popper see with having two penguins?
(a) She doesn't want baby penguins.
(b) She can't tell them apart.
(c) They can't afford to feed them.
(d) There isn't room for them.
5. Where are the penguins taking the bus to?
(a) A newspaper interview.
(b) A theater.
(c) The library.
(d) The aquarium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which penguin is Mr. Popper most connected to?
2. What do the policemen do when they see the penguins playing with Mr. Swenson's animals?
3. What kind of food do the penguins promote?
4. How many acts does the penguin act have?
5. Why do some people come to resent the penguins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which plan does Mr. Popper pick for his penguins and why?
2. What do the penguins do to the opera singer in Minneapolis?
3. Why do the penguins get on the bus?
4. What product do the penguins promote, and why?
5. What kind of routine do the baby penguins create in their rookery?
6. How does Mr. Popper choose the names of the baby penguins?
7. How does Mrs. Popper help with Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
8. What does Mr. Klein want to do for the penguins?
9. What does Mr. Greenbaum offer Mr. Popper to do the tour?
10. Why does Mr. Popper paint Captain Cook?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)