|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper learn about Mr. Greenbaum coming to town?
(a) He reads about it in the paper.
(b) He hears him on the radio.
(c) He learns from a friend.
(d) He sees it on a billboard.
2. What is Mrs. Popper's idea to make money?
(a) Sell the penguins.
(b) All of these.
(c) Eat the penguins.
(d) Charge people to see the penguins.
3. Why do passengers on a bus complain about the penguins?
(a) They are noisy.
(b) The penguins peck around.
(c) They smell bad.
(d) The windows are open.
4. Where do the penguins sleep on the train?
(a) The caboose.
(b) The sleeping units.
(c) The coal room.
(d) The baggage car.
5. Why doesn't Mr. Popper agree to Mr. Klein's plan?
(a) It will be too hot for the penguins.
(b) He would miss the penguins too much.
(c) He owes too much to Admiral Drake.
(d) He doesn't trust Mr. Klein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Duval's occupation?
2. What kind of animals does Mr. Swenson own?
3. What does Mr. Popper want from Mr. Greenbaum?
4. Where does Mr. Klein want to take the penguins?
5. What does Mr. Popper spray the floors in his house with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first idea Mr. Popper has to create a penguin habitat?
2. What does Mr. Popper build for the penguins in the rookery?
3. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
4. How does Mr. Popper choose the names of the baby penguins?
5. How does Mrs. Popper help with Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
6. What is Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
7. What frustrated people when the penguins get on the bus?
8. What makes Mrs. Popper worry about money after the penguins hatch?
9. What do the policemen do when they are called to help with the penguins?
10. What makes Mr. Swenson so upset when he sees the penguins?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)