|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper know so much about Admiral Drake?
(a) He reads books.
(b) He reads the newspaper.
(c) He listens to the radio.
(d) He watches the news.
2. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
(a) City hall.
(b) A town hall meeting.
(c) The HOA.
(d) The governor's office.
3. What sound comes from the package from Admiral Drake?
4. What does the Vet prescribe for Captain Cook when he is sick?
(a) A trip south.
(b) Some pills.
(c) A new diet.
(d) Time in the aquarium.
5. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
(a) He went without her.
(b) His clothes are ruined.
(c) He doesn't look happy anymore.
(d) He is bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper do when he is bored the day after the broadcast?
2. What does the policeman call the penguin?
3. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
4. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected?
5. What do the penguins use to make their nests in Mr. Popper's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Popper sad when Mr. Popper and Captain Cook come home from their first walk together?
2. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
3. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
4. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
5. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
6. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
7. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
8. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
9. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
10. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)