|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper think he and Captain Cook look like on their first walk?
(a) A circus act.
(d) Zoo keepers.
2. How does Mr. Popper know so much about Admiral Drake?
(a) He watches the news.
(b) He reads the newspaper.
(c) He reads books.
(d) He listens to the radio.
3. What is the name of Mr. Popper's town?
4. Which of these is an instruction on the package from Admiral Drake?
(a) Handle with care.
(b) Unpack at once.
(c) Open in darkness.
(d) Keep in closed quarters.
5. How does Mr. Popper get Captain Cook out of the barber shop?
(a) He lures him out with the shaving cream.
(b) He whistles for him.
(c) He pulls him on a leash.
(d) He carries him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mr. Popper pay the service man?
2. What does Mr. Popper do when he is bored the day after the broadcast?
3. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
4. What do the penguins use to make their nests in Mr. Popper's house?
5. How does Mr. Popper feel when he sees the reporters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
2. How does Admiral Drake show that he knows of Mr. Popper?
3. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
5. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
6. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
7. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
8. How does the penguin show that the food from the fridge was not enough?
9. How does Mr. Popper show his new-found confidence?
10. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)