|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper wear when he walks Captain Cook?
(a) His satin robe.
(b) His finest clothes.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) His work clothes.
2. How does Mr. Popper feel when he sees the reporters?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He gets scared.
(d) He is excited.
3. What does Mr. Popper want installed on the fridge?
(a) A thermometer.
(b) A doorbell.
(c) An extra handle.
(d) An ice box.
4. Which of these is NOT a sign of Captain Cook being sick?
(a) He gains weight.
(b) He is very tired.
(c) He loses feathers.
(d) He stops eating.
5. What sound comes from the package from Admiral Drake?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Callahan holding when she first sees Captain Cook?
2. What happens to Mrs. Poppers's pets when the penguins get to the house?
3. What is the name of the Stillwater newspaper?
4. What does Captain Cook do when he gets to the top of the stairway?
5. What does Mr. Popper do when he is bored the day after the broadcast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Admiral Drake?
2. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
3. How does Mr. Popper show his new-found confidence?
4. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
5. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
6. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
7. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
8. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
9. Why does Mr. Popper end up not fulfilling what the police man asked of him?
10. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)