|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many reporters does Mr. Popper see on his first walk with Captain Cook?
2. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
(a) He doesn't look happy anymore.
(b) He went without her.
(c) He is bleeding.
(d) His clothes are ruined.
3. Why does Mr. Popper need the help of a service man?
(a) So Mrs. Popper will be happy.
(b) To make the bathroom habitable.
(c) To make the penguin feel at home.
(d) So the penguin can live in the fridge.
4. Why is Mr. Popper unable to sleep the night of the broadcast?
(a) He is too excited.
(b) His wife is upset.
(c) He is sick.
(d) The phone keeps ringing.
5. Which of the following is NOT collected by Captain Cook during his wanders through the house?
(a) Chess pieces.
(b) A paperweight.
(d) A lollipop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a sign of Captain Cook being sick?
2. What does Mr. Popper want installed on the fridge?
3. What does the barber call Captain Cook?
4. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
5. What does Mr. Popper use as a leash?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
2. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
4. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
5. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
6. Why does a police man come to Mr. Popper's house?
7. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
8. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
9. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
10. Who is Admiral Drake?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)