|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Popper's job?
2. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
(a) Pecks at her.
(b) Cleans her.
(c) Honks at her.
(d) Snuggles with her.
3. Where does Dr. Smith work?
(a) The farm.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The aquarium.
4. Which of these is NOT a question asked by the reporters?
(a) Where he got the penguin.
(b) Where the penguin lives.
(c) How much he is selling the penguin for.
(d) What he named the penguin.
5. What does Mr. Popper want to use for the penguin's nest?
(a) The dog bed.
(b) The bath tub.
(c) The fridge.
(d) The garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
2. What do the penguins do when Mr. Popper feeds them?
3. What makes the barber mad at Mr. Popper?
4. What do penguins in the wild make their nests out of?
5. How does Mr. Popper get Captain Cook out of the barber shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
2. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
3. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
4. How does Admiral Drake show that he knows of Mr. Popper?
5. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
6. How does the first penguin get his name?
7. Who is Admiral Drake?
8. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
9. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
10. What makes Mrs. Popper sad when Mr. Popper and Captain Cook come home from their first walk together?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)