|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Popper make for dinner every night?
(a) Roast beef.
2. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
(a) He is old.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is too warm.
3. What does the barber call Captain Cook?
(a) An owl.
(b) A big crane.
(c) That Thing.
(d) The monster.
4. How does Captain Cook feel about his leash?
(a) He wants to eat it.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He hates it.
5. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
(a) The HOA.
(b) City hall.
(c) A town hall meeting.
(d) The governor's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the penguin do when he sees the service man?
2. Where does Captain Cook find a stairway?
3. What does Mr. Popper notice first about his package from Admiral Drake?
4. What are the kids doing when Captain Cook wanders the house?
5. What do neighbors do to help Captain Cook when he is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
2. How does Mrs. Callahan respond to seeing Captain Cook for the first time?
3. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Mr. Popper end up not fulfilling what the police man asked of him?
5. How does the first penguin get his name?
6. Who is Admiral Drake?
7. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
8. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
9. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
10. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)