|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Cook find a stairway?
(a) In the park.
(b) In the library.
(c) Behind the barber shop.
(d) At the firehouse.
2. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
(a) A town hall meeting.
(b) The HOA.
(c) The governor's office.
(d) City hall.
3. What does Captain Cook slide down on his walk?
(a) All of these.
(b) The steps.
(c) The slide in the park.
(d) A hill.
4. How much does Mr. Popper pay the service man?
5. What does Mr. Popper fantasize about?
(a) Owning a restaurant.
(c) Being famous.
(d) Being rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper like to watch movies about?
2. What does Mr. Popper wear when he walks Captain Cook?
3. What is Admiral Drake famous for?
4. How does Mr. Popper feel when he is kicked out of the barbershop?
5. Which of these is an instruction on the package from Admiral Drake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
2. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
3. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
4. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
5. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
6. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
7. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
8. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
9. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
10. How does the penguin show that the food from the fridge was not enough?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)