|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the penguin watch the children do in their room?
(a) Color a picture.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Read books.
(d) Put together a puzzle.
2. What does Dr. Smith send Mr. Popper to help Captain Cook?
(a) High powered fans.
(b) Some pills.
(c) Pictures of snow.
(d) Another penguin.
3. Which of these is NOT a question asked by the reporters?
(a) What he named the penguin.
(b) Where he got the penguin.
(c) How much he is selling the penguin for.
(d) Where the penguin lives.
4. What does Mr. Popper ask a service man to do for him?
(a) Install an air conditioner.
(b) Build a cage.
(c) Raise the coolness meter.
(d) Drill holes in the fridge.
5. What does Mr. Popper use as a leash?
(a) A ripped up sheet.
(b) A pull cord.
(c) A clothesline.
(d) A jumprope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Smith work?
2. How does Mr. Popper feel when he sees the reporters?
3. How does Mr. Popper get Captain Cook out of the barber shop?
4. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
5. What does Mr. Popper notice first about his package from Admiral Drake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Callahan respond to seeing Captain Cook for the first time?
2. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
3. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
4. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
5. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
6. Why does Mr. Popper end up not fulfilling what the police man asked of him?
7. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
8. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
9. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
10. What makes Mrs. Popper sad when Mr. Popper and Captain Cook come home from their first walk together?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)