|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do penguins in the wild make their nests out of?
(a) Ice cubes.
2. What does Mr. Popper want to use for the penguin's nest?
(a) The fridge.
(b) The garage.
(c) The dog bed.
(d) The bath tub.
3. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is too warm.
4. What does the Vet prescribe for Captain Cook when he is sick?
(a) A new diet.
(b) Some pills.
(c) A trip south.
(d) Time in the aquarium.
5. What is Mr. Popper often covered in when he comes home from work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the policeman call the penguin?
2. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
3. Where does Captain Cook find a stairway?
4. Why does the policeman come to Mr. Popper's house?
5. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
2. What do the policemen do when they are called to help with the penguins?
3. What is Mr. Popper arrested for?
4. What position is Mr. Popper given at the end of the book?
5. How does Mr. Popper choose the names of the baby penguins?
6. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
7. What does Mr. Popper do with his first check from Mr. Greenbaum?
8. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
9. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
10. Why does a police man come to Mr. Popper's house?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)