|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Popper not tell the service man about the penguin?
(a) He knows it is illegal.
(b) He wants it to be a surprise.
(c) He likes having respect.
(d) He wants it to be a secret.
2. Why does Mr. Popper get sent to the wrong people when he tries to follow the policeman's instructions?
(a) They don't know if a penguin is allowed.
(b) They think Captain Hook is a person.
(c) They don't listen to Mr. Popper.
(d) There are no penguin permits.
3. Which of the following is NOT collected by Captain Cook during his wanders through the house?
(a) A paperweight.
(b) Chess pieces.
(c) A lollipop.
4. How many reporters does Mr. Popper see on his first walk with Captain Cook?
5. How many children does Mr. Popper have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get?
2. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
3. Which of these is an instruction on the package from Admiral Drake?
4. What does Mrs. Popper make for dinner every night?
5. What does the first penguin say when the kids ask what his name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
2. How does Mrs. Callahan respond to seeing Captain Cook for the first time?
3. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
4. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
5. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
6. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
7. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
8. How does the penguin show that the food from the fridge was not enough?
9. How does the first penguin get his name?
10. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)