|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
(a) City hall.
(b) A town hall meeting.
(c) The governor's office.
(d) The HOA.
2. How does Bill feel about the package from Admiral Drake?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is delighted.
(d) He is suspicious.
3. What does Captain Cook do when he gets to the top of the stairway?
(a) He calls out to other birds.
(b) He makes a nest.
(c) He slides down.
(d) He takes a nap.
4. What happens to Mrs. Poppers's pets when the penguins get to the house?
(a) They are scared away.
(b) They are shoved out.
(c) They are sent to another sleeping bed.
(d) They are eaten.
5. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) He doesn't look happy anymore.
(c) He went without her.
(d) His clothes are ruined.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper know so much about Admiral Drake?
2. Why does Mr. Popper need the help of a service man?
3. What does Mr. Popper use as a leash?
4. What does the policeman call the penguin?
5. What does Mr. Popper want to use for the penguin's nest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
2. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
3. What makes Mrs. Popper sad when Mr. Popper and Captain Cook come home from their first walk together?
4. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
5. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
6. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
7. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
8. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
9. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
10. How does Admiral Drake show that he knows of Mr. Popper?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)