|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected?
2. What does Mr. Popper do when he has a season of work off?
(a) Sits around.
(b) Tutors his son.
3. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is lonely.
(d) He is too warm.
4. Which of the following is NOT collected by Captain Cook during his wanders through the house?
(a) A paperweight.
(b) A lollipop.
(c) Chess pieces.
5. What does Captain Hook like the most about the barber shop?
(a) The spinning sign.
(b) Shaving cream.
(c) Hair clippings on the floor.
(d) The hair gel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mr. Popper pay the service man?
2. What is the name of Mr. Popper's town?
3. What is Mrs. Callahan holding when she first sees Captain Cook?
4. What does Mr. Popper notice first about his package from Admiral Drake?
5. Where does Dr. Smith work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
2. What position is Mr. Popper given at the end of the book?
3. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
4. What causes the accident on the way to the train station?
5. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
6. What does Mr. Klein want to do for the penguins?
7. How does Mr. Popper get out of jail?
8. How does Mr. Popper choose the names of the baby penguins?
9. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
10. What makes Mr. Swenson so upset when he sees the penguins?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)