|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Cook slide down on his walk?
(a) All of these.
(b) The steps.
(c) A hill.
(d) The slide in the park.
2. What is the name of Mr. Popper's town?
3. What makes the barber mad at Mr. Popper?
(a) His signs gets broken.
(b) His client runs out.
(c) He accidentally cuts a man.
(d) He messes up a haircut.
4. Why does Mr. Popper wear what he does when he walks Captain Cook?
(a) He doesn't plan to go far.
(b) He is proud of his penguin,
(c) He knows it will be hard work.
(d) He doesn't want to be recognized.
5. How many reporters does Mr. Popper see on his first walk with Captain Cook?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper think he and Captain Cook look like on their first walk?
2. Why does Mr. Popper think the barber will like Captain Cook?
3. Why does the policeman come to Mr. Popper's house?
4. How does Captain Cook feel about his leash?
5. Why is Mr. Popper unable to sleep the night of the broadcast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
2. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
3. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
4. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
5. What makes Mrs. Popper sad when Mr. Popper and Captain Cook come home from their first walk together?
6. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
7. Who is Admiral Drake?
8. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
9. How does Admiral Drake show that he knows of Mr. Popper?
10. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)