|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper get Captain Cook out of the barber shop?
(a) He pulls him on a leash.
(b) He lures him out with the shaving cream.
(c) He whistles for him.
(d) He carries him.
2. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
(a) Pecks at her.
(b) Honks at her.
(c) Snuggles with her.
(d) Cleans her.
3. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is too warm.
(d) He is hungry.
4. Why does the policeman not come into Mr. Popper's house?
(a) All of these.
(b) He doesn't have a warrant.
(c) He is afraid of the penguin.
(d) Mr. Popper won't let him in.
5. Why does the policeman come to Mr. Popper's house?
(a) The service man tipped him off.
(b) A neighbor reported them.
(c) He heard strange noises.
(d) It is part of his rounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Popper get stressed about?
2. What does Captain Cook slide down on his walk?
3. How many times has Mr. Popper redecorated his house?
4. What does Mr. Popper name his first penguin?
5. How does Mr. Popper feel when he is kicked out of the barbershop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper show his new-found confidence?
2. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
3. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
4. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
5. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
6. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
7. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
8. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
10. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)