|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Smith send Mr. Popper to help Captain Cook?
(a) Pictures of snow.
(b) Some pills.
(c) Another penguin.
(d) High powered fans.
2. How does Mr. Popper get Captain Cook out of the barber shop?
(a) He lures him out with the shaving cream.
(b) He pulls him on a leash.
(c) He carries him.
(d) He whistles for him.
3. How many times has Mr. Popper redecorated his house?
4. What sound comes from the package from Admiral Drake?
5. What does Mr. Popper want installed on the fridge?
(a) An extra handle.
(b) A thermometer.
(c) A doorbell.
(d) An ice box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper name his first penguin?
2. What does the penguin watch the children do in their room?
3. What does the Vet prescribe for Captain Cook when he is sick?
4. What does Mr. Popper like to watch movies about?
5. How many reporters does Mr. Popper see on his first walk with Captain Cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
2. How do the Marvelous Marcos help the penguins?
3. What does Mr. Popper do with his first check from Mr. Greenbaum?
4. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
5. How does the first penguin get his name?
6. How does Mrs. Callahan respond to seeing Captain Cook for the first time?
7. What kind of routine do the baby penguins create in their rookery?
8. What does Mr. Klein want to do for the penguins?
9. Why do the penguins miss their last performance?
10. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)