|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT collected by Captain Cook during his wanders through the house?
(a) A lollipop.
(b) Chess pieces.
(c) A paperweight.
2. What does the penguin watch the children do in their room?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Color a picture.
(c) Read books.
(d) Put together a puzzle.
3. What does Mr. Popper think he and Captain Cook look like on their first walk?
(b) Zoo keepers.
(d) A circus act.
4. What does Mr. Popper do when he has a season of work off?
(b) Tutors his son.
(c) Sits around.
5. How many children does Mr. Popper have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected?
2. Which of these is an instruction on the package from Admiral Drake?
3. Which of these is NOT a question asked by the reporters?
4. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
5. How many penguins are in the package from Admiral Drake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
2. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
3. Why does a police man come to Mr. Popper's house?
4. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
5. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
6. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
7. Why does Mr. Popper end up not fulfilling what the police man asked of him?
8. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
9. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
10. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)