|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected?
2. Why does Mr. Popper choose to not follow the policeman's instructions?
(a) There are no laws against having a penguin.
(b) People are rude to him.
(c) He doesn't have enough money.
(d) It takes too long.
3. What does Mr. Popper want installed on the fridge?
(a) An ice box.
(b) A doorbell.
(c) A thermometer.
(d) An extra handle.
4. Why doesn't the service man want to do what Mr. Popper asks of him?
(a) It is not something he has ever done before.
(b) He hates penguins.
(c) It is against the rules.
(d) He knows it will ruin the fridge.
5. What does Mr. Popper like most about penguins?
(a) They live in the South pole.
(b) They are blakc and white.
(c) They swim.
(d) They walk upright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Vet prescribe for Captain Cook when he is sick?
2. Why does the policeman not come into Mr. Popper's house?
3. What room does Mr. Popper offer to redecorate at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
5. What does the barber call Captain Cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
2. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
3. Who is Admiral Drake?
4. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
5. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
6. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
7. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
8. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
9. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
10. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)