|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do neighbors do to help Captain Cook when he is sick?
(a) Raise money.
(b) Stay quiet.
(c) Bring treats.
(d) Write letters.
2. What does Mrs. Popper make for dinner every night?
(c) Roast beef.
3. Which of the following is NOT collected by Captain Cook during his wanders through the house?
(a) A lollipop.
(b) A paperweight.
(c) Chess pieces.
4. What does Captain Cook do when he gets to the top of the stairway?
(a) He makes a nest.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He calls out to other birds.
(d) He slides down.
5. Which of these is NOT a question asked by the reporters?
(a) How much he is selling the penguin for.
(b) Where he got the penguin.
(c) Where the penguin lives.
(d) What he named the penguin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper do when he has a season of work off?
2. What makes the barber mad at Mr. Popper?
3. What does Mr. Popper ask a service man to do for him?
4. Why does Mrs. Popper make the same dinner every night?
5. What does the service man think of Mr. Popper when he hears what he is to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
2. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
4. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
5. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
6. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
7. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
8. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
9. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
10. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)