|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bill feel about the package from Admiral Drake?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is delighted.
2. What do the penguins use to make their nests in Mr. Popper's house?
(d) Ice cubes.
3. What does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get?
(a) A warning sign.
(b) A bird house.
(c) An owner's license.
(d) A permit.
4. Why does the policeman not come into Mr. Popper's house?
(a) Mr. Popper won't let him in.
(b) He is afraid of the penguin.
(c) He doesn't have a warrant.
(d) All of these.
5. What are the kids doing when Captain Cook wanders the house?
(a) They are delivering papers.
(b) They are at school.
(c) They are sleeping.
(d) They are eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do neighbors do to help Captain Cook when he is sick?
2. What does Dr. Smith send Mr. Popper to help Captain Cook?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Popper do himself what the service man does?
4. How many reporters does Mr. Popper see on his first walk with Captain Cook?
5. Why does Mr. Popper not tell the service man about the penguin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which plan does Mr. Popper pick for his penguins and why?
2. How does Mr. Popper get out of jail?
3. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
4. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
5. What product do the penguins promote, and why?
6. What ideas does Mrs. Popper have to make money?
7. What is the first idea Mr. Popper has to create a penguin habitat?
8. How does Mr. Popper choose the names of the baby penguins?
9. How does Mr. Popper show his new-found confidence?
10. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)