|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Captain Cook find a stairway?
(a) Behind the barber shop.
(b) In the park.
(c) At the firehouse.
(d) In the library.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Popper do himself what the service man does?
(a) He is not sure if it will work.
(b) He doesn't have the time.
(c) His wife won't let him.
(d) He doesn't have the tools.
3. Why does Mr. Popper take a season off of work?
(a) School is out.
(b) It is tradition.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) It is too cold to work.
4. Why does the policeman come to Mr. Popper's house?
(a) He heard strange noises.
(b) The service man tipped him off.
(c) A neighbor reported them.
(d) It is part of his rounds.
5. Why does Mr. Popper choose to not follow the policeman's instructions?
(a) He doesn't have enough money.
(b) People are rude to him.
(c) There are no laws against having a penguin.
(d) It takes too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Cook slide down on his walk?
2. Why does Mr. Popper think the barber will like Captain Cook?
3. What is Mrs. Popper doing when Captain Cook wanders around the house?
4. What is the name of the Stillwater newspaper?
5. Where does Captain Cook bring the things from the house that he likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
2. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
3. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
4. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
5. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected for his nest?
6. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
7. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
8. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
9. How does the penguin show that the food from the fridge was not enough?
10. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)