|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper like most about penguins?
(a) They walk upright.
(b) They swim.
(c) They are blakc and white.
(d) They live in the South pole.
2. Why doesn't Mr. Popper do himself what the service man does?
(a) He doesn't have the time.
(b) He doesn't have the tools.
(c) He is not sure if it will work.
(d) His wife won't let him.
3. What are the kids doing when Captain Cook wanders the house?
(a) They are eating.
(b) They are at school.
(c) They are sleeping.
(d) They are delivering papers.
4. What do the penguins do when Mr. Popper feeds them?
5. Where does Captain Cook bring the things from the house that he likes?
(a) The fridge.
(b) The kitchen sink.
(c) The bathtub.
(d) The mail box.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Mr. Popper have?
2. What does Captain Cook do when he gets to the top of the stairway?
3. How does Mr. Popper describe the first penguin from Admiral Drake?
4. What does Mr. Popper use as a leash?
5. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
2. How does Mr. Popper handle Captain Cook on a walk?
3. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
4. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
5. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
6. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
7. How does the first penguin get his name?
8. What does the police man tell Mr. Popper to do?
9. How does Mrs. Callahan respond to seeing Captain Cook for the first time?
10. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)