|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the policeman call the penguin?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A beast.
(d) A giant parrot.
2. What do neighbors do to help Captain Cook when he is sick?
(a) Stay quiet.
(b) Write letters.
(c) Bring treats.
(d) Raise money.
3. What does Mr. Popper name his first penguin?
(a) Lieutenant Look.
(b) Miss Mook.
(c) Captain Hoom.
(d) Silly Sook.
4. What does Mr. Popper think he and Captain Cook look like on their first walk?
(b) Zoo keepers.
(c) A circus act.
5. What is Admiral Drake famous for?
(a) His military victories.
(b) His inventions.
(c) His expeditions.
(d) His speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bill feel about the package from Admiral Drake?
2. How much does Mr. Popper pay the service man?
3. How many penguins are in the package from Admiral Drake?
4. What do the penguins use to make their nests in Mr. Popper's house?
5. What do the penguins do when Mr. Popper feeds them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Callahan respond to seeing Captain Cook for the first time?
2. Why does Mr. Popper end up not fulfilling what the police man asked of him?
3. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
4. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
5. How does the first penguin get his name?
6. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
7. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
8. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
9. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
10. What kinds of things does Captain Cook collect for his nest?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)