|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the penguin watch the children do in their room?
(a) Read books.
(b) Put together a puzzle.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Color a picture.
2. What happens to Mrs. Poppers's pets when the penguins get to the house?
(a) They are sent to another sleeping bed.
(b) They are eaten.
(c) They are scared away.
(d) They are shoved out.
3. What is the name of Mr. Popper's town?
4. Why does Mr. Popper think the barber will like Captain Cook?
(a) They both read about Antarctica.
(b) He has never gotten mad about anything.
(c) They have been friends for a while.
(d) He writes to Admiral Drake as well.
5. Which of these is an instruction on the package from Admiral Drake?
(a) Unpack at once.
(b) Handle with care.
(c) Keep in closed quarters.
(d) Open in darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Mr. Popper offer to redecorate at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Mr. Popper get Captain Cook out of the barber shop?
3. How does Mrs. Callahan feel about Captain Cook?
4. What does Mrs. Popper get stressed about?
5. What makes the barber mad at Mr. Popper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Popper's idea to make money?
2. What obstacles does Mr. Popper face while trying to do what the police man asked him to do?
3. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
4. How does Mr. Popper get out of jail?
5. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
6. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
7. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
8. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
9. What causes the accident on the way to the train station?
10. How does the first penguin get his name?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)