|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected?
2. Why is Mr. Popper unable to sleep the night of the broadcast?
(a) His wife is upset.
(b) The phone keeps ringing.
(c) He is too excited.
(d) He is sick.
3. Why does Mr. Popper think the barber will like Captain Cook?
(a) He has never gotten mad about anything.
(b) He writes to Admiral Drake as well.
(c) They have been friends for a while.
(d) They both read about Antarctica.
4. How does Mrs. Callahan feel about Captain Cook?
(a) She feels safer with him around.
(b) She is angry about him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is amused by him.
5. How does Mr. Popper feel when he is kicked out of the barbershop?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper fantasize about?
2. Which of the following is NOT collected by Captain Cook during his wanders through the house?
3. Why doesn't the service man want to do what Mr. Popper asks of him?
4. How does Captain Cook feel about his leash?
5. What is the name of the Stillwater newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the service man think of what Mr. Popper asks him to do?
2. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
3. How does the first penguin get his name?
4. How does Mr. Popper ruin his clothes?
5. Why does a police man come to Mr. Popper's house?
6. What does Captain Cook do after leaving the barber shop?
7. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
8. What makes Mrs. Popper sad when Mr. Popper and Captain Cook come home from their first walk together?
9. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
10. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)