|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the service man want to do what Mr. Popper asks of him?
(a) It is against the rules.
(b) He knows it will ruin the fridge.
(c) He hates penguins.
(d) It is not something he has ever done before.
2. Why does Mr. Popper choose to not follow the policeman's instructions?
(a) He doesn't have enough money.
(b) People are rude to him.
(c) There are no laws against having a penguin.
(d) It takes too long.
3. Why does Mr. Popper get sent to the wrong people when he tries to follow the policeman's instructions?
(a) They don't know if a penguin is allowed.
(b) There are no penguin permits.
(c) They don't listen to Mr. Popper.
(d) They think Captain Hook is a person.
4. What does the barber call Captain Cook?
(a) That Thing.
(b) The monster.
(c) A big crane.
(d) An owl.
5. What does Mr. Popper ask a service man to do for him?
(a) Build a cage.
(b) Drill holes in the fridge.
(c) Raise the coolness meter.
(d) Install an air conditioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mr. Popper pay the service man?
2. What sound comes from the package from Admiral Drake?
3. Why does Dr. Smith think Captain Cook is sick?
4. Why does Mr. Popper need the help of a service man?
5. Why does Mr. Popper take a season off of work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Cook like most in the barber shop, and why?
2. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
3. How does Mr. Popper respond to the reporters who ask him about Captain Cook?
4. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
6. How does Mr. Popper show his new-found confidence?
7. What happens when Captain Cook comes into the barber shop?
8. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
9. How does Admiral Drake show that he knows of Mr. Popper?
10. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)